CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DN is still in Colorado as far as we know?

Any CO locals out there know why no reward posted for info leading to arrest/conviction of TW's killer?

Seems strange to me, espec given his popularity. I wonder why nothing?

I had not heard both shoes were found.

On that line of thinking. Just for a second let's ignore what they found. But instead look at where they found personal items.
Which it is my understanding was in at least 2 separate if not more locations. Let's assume some items were found at the trailhead and the other items lower on Mt Herman Rd near Red Rocks Dr.

Why would someone dump items off the side of the road in different locations?
...because there were other cars/people who would see them and become potential witnesses.

So we have a window of time where potentially someone driving up Mt Herman Rd between let's say... 11:45 - 12:15pm for arguments sake, could have passed the killers vehicle on Mt Herman Rd from the Limbaugh trailhead to the west and Red Rocks Rd to the east.

Those are potential eye witnesses who could provide the information needed to solve this crime.

It could be a USFS worker, a mailman, a UPS driver, FedEx driver, a plumber or electrician... and I bet they all have logs showing where they were on that day and at that time.

The judge didn't let the charge go. DN was convicted of possession of a weapon. TW was killed by a .22. Could this rifle have been the murder weapon? Or did they have another weapon? KN said she got this weapon for protection. Presumably LE will hopefully know where they got it from as they have investigated.
Sorry for all the questions , but if the gun was not purchased legally, wouldn't there have been another charge for having an unregistered gun?
That's right, you or someone speculated that the judge convicted him of possession so that if the investigation into TW's death led them back to him that part would already be there.
No, guns are not registered in CO.

Any CO locals out there know why no reward posted for info leading to arrest/conviction of TW's killer?
Seems strange to me, espec given his popularity. I wonder why nothing?

The people I have spoken to assumed the killer was caught and in jail.

After the initial, "we have additional charges to file" then never filing those charges, our SO and DA probably don't like the idea of answering questions about why those additional charges were not filed and why Hatchet Man got a plea bargain deal with no jail time.

Consequently there have been no press releases from the SO or DA regarding DN that the media can report on without some amount of effort. That's how our local media works. Heavy on press releases, low on unbiased investigative reporting.

You have to understand that Colorado Springs is a vacation destination. Screaming "SHARK!" goes over about as well as it did in Jaws. The local newspaper, Gazette, is owned by the owner of the Broadmoor, Philip Morris, who own just about everything else in our city related to entertainment, the cog railroad up Pikes Peak, Rodeo arena, indoor events arena, etc.... the list is long.

Thanks for posting Kizzy. So the N's purchase a .22 in the first week of September. In the second week of September TW gets shot to death with a .22 on a trail.

The N's are plagued with bad luck and unfortunate coincidences.
And in week 3, ML goes missing. In between there are the menacing incidents. That is a lorra lorra bad luck. :frown:

On that line of thinking. Just for a second let's ignore what they found. But instead look at where they found personal items.
Which it is my understanding was in at least 2 separate if not more locations. Let's assume some items were found at the trailhead and the other items lower on Mt Herman Rd near Red Rocks Dr.

Why would someone dump items off the side of the road in different locations?
...because there were other cars/people who would see them and become potential witnesses.

So we have a window of time where potentially someone driving up Mt Herman Rd between let's say... 11:45 - 12:15pm for arguments sake, could have passed the killers vehicle on Mt Herman Rd from the Limbaugh trailhead to the west and Red Rocks Rd to the east.

Those are potential eye witnesses who could provide the information needed to solve this crime.

It could be a USFS worker, a mailman, a UPS driver, FedEx driver, a plumber or electrician... and I bet they all have logs showing where they were on that day and at that time.
I've always imagined he started looking through his loot as he was driving back down and pitching out what he didn't want. So then what might he have kept? I speculated some time ago that he may have been partly motivated because he thought he could pass himself off using TW's ID, at least for a short time and perhaps longer outside of CO. But if true he would have realized when his body was found that he needed to get rid of that too. It would be interesting to know if his ID was found in his wallet. So many questions.

Thanks for posting Kizzy. So the N's purchase a .22 in the first week of September. In the second week of September TW gets shot to death with a .22 on a trail.

The people I have spoken to assumed the killer was caught and in jail.

After the initial, "we have additional charges to file" then never filing those charges, our SO and DA probably don't like the idea of answering questions about why those additional charges were not filed and why Hatchet Man got a plea bargain deal with no jail time.

Consequently there have been no press releases from the SO or DA regarding DN that the media can report on without some amount of effort. That's how our local media works. Heavy on press releases, low on unbiased investigative reporting.

You have to understand that Colorado Springs is a vacation destination. Screaming "SHARK!" goes over about as well as it did in Jaws. The local newspaper, Gazette, is owned by the owner of the Broadmoor, Philip Morris, who own just about everything else in our city related to entertainment, the cog railroad up Pikes Peak, Rodeo arena, indoor events arena, etc.... the list is long.

So noone wants to ask about the murder in case it spoils the tourist trade?

I don’t think so. Colorado Springs has plenty or murders and violent crime, which the media is happy to report on. Plus this wasn’t Colorado Springs; it was 30 minutes north in Monument, which is not a tourist destination.

So noone wants to ask about the murder in case it spoils the tourist trade?

And in week 3, ML goes missing. In between there are the menacing incidents. That is a lorra lorra bad luck. :frown:
Not only that, ML was reported missing on Sep 24, last seen on Sep 23 and her vehicle was found parked at the Catamount Recreation parking area. That is about 20 miles from where they had been camping at MTH but only 6 miles to Woodland Park where he was arrested on Sep 25. Had they moved their campsite after TW body was found? They remained even after the menacing reports because they were there between Sep 14-19 as he drove around the search scene.

I don’t think so. Colorado Springs has plenty or murders and violent crime, which the media is happy to report on. Plus this wasn’t Colorado Springs; it was 30 minutes north in Monument, which is not a tourist destination.
This was Pike's Peak area and the Front Range right?
There is a road called Beaver Creek Road that looks like it joins Mt Herman Road to the Divide and Woodland Park area too. I wondered if they had moved over that way to be near Trail facilities perhaps also?

This was Pike's Peak area and the Front Range right?
There is a road called Beaver Creek Road that looks like it joins Mt Herman Road to the Divide and Woodland Park area too. I wondered if they had moved over that way to be near Trail facilities perhaps also?
Or because they assumed LE would be combing through the homeless camps looking for TW killer.

I hope search crews are looking under piles of leaves and branches.

Indeed.
Is there much snow around there? Maybe she'll be found when it melts and people get out n about again. I know they searched with divers and dogs for several days.
Germany suggested looking across the creek and in canyons too . :scared:

Indeed.
Is there much snow around there? Maybe she'll be found when it melts and people get out n about again. I know they searched with divers and dogs for several days.

Very little snow this year. I haven't been hiking up at MH or the Catamount area recently, but generally the region has had very light snowfall this season.

If I'm understanding correctly, Johnson County, Indiana LE has (21) days in which to appear in Colorado to pick up DN.

What is the starting date for the deadline? January 24th?

Also, does anyone know if we're looking at Calendar Days or Business Days. TIA

I have actually always heard it is 30 days, not 21. I think the estimate of 21 days comes from a non MSM interview (Stroup), in which the sheriff of CC County cites 21 days. MOO

Either way, nothing says “business days” even in Indiana code. I don’t think jails operate on business days, but rather calendar days.

When the time period elapses, a judge in CC county would hold a hearing. JoCo would have to explain why they haven’t come yet, and if they still intend to, and then the judge could decide whether to extend another time period or release DN.

If I'm understanding correctly, Johnson County, Indiana LE has (21) days in which to appear in Colorado to pick up DN.

What is the starting date for the deadline? January 24th?

Also, does anyone know if we're looking at Calendar Days or Business Days. TIA

I have actually always heard it is 30 days, not 21. I think the estimate of 21 days comes from a non MSM interview (Stroup), in which the sheriff of CC County cites 21 days. MOO

Either way, nothing says “business days” even in Indiana code. I don’t think jails operate on business days, but rather calendar days.

When the time period elapses, a judge in CC county would hold a hearing. JoCo would have to explain why they haven’t come yet, and if they still intend to, and then the judge could decide whether to extend another time period or release DN.
So a week has gone by already - two more weeks only. Wish they'd get on with it.

Indeed.

look for circling birds come spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members