CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When he broke her nose is when he was charged and convicted of felony domestic violence and violence in front of a child. That was in IN, occurred in Dec 2015 and he spent several months in jail.
She also said he lost it when they moved to CO and he choked her.
But this earlier violent assault, ABHAN was even more serious and occurred in 2007 in SC. It was dismissed so we were just speculating perhaps his 1st wife? But it's just a guess. I am not sure how long they were married and when they divorced. Sometimes a wife will decide to not press charges as they seek to divorce and move on with their lives, terminate parental rights, etc. Or could be they just didn't have enough evidence to prosecute. I noticed he had an indecency charge in Spartanburg in 2006 so maybe he was already divorced in 2007. SC doesnt have those marriage and divorce records open online.

The new to us ABHAN charge in 2007 in SC was a remarkable find by @Daey!!

That we hadn't known about this arrest until now, leaves me wondering how many others are still unknown to us.

I've tried so hard to keep up with all DN's arrests, but for me it's like trying to hold onto smoke.. :(

TW, ML, A&L - so many people to have potentially revolved around one murderer. Made me think of the Clinton conspiracy regarding the high number of suspicious deaths or murdered people that they knew. I really don't believe in coincidence so I have two questions:

1. How many of you were in the area of a person who was murdered?
2. How many people do you know who have been murdered?

Me = 0

0 for both questions for me too.

Deaths for family and friends were all for normal health reasons and one fatal car accident of a distant friend. I have thankfully never known or have been close to anyone that has been murdered. ***knock on wood***:gavel:

The new to us ABHAN charge in 2007 in SC was a remarkable find by @Daey!!

That we hadn't known about this arrest until now, leaves me wondering how many others are still unknown to us.

I've tried so hard to keep up with all DN's arrests, but for me it's like trying to hold onto smoke.. :(
Looking up court records in SC is a little difficult because you have to go in and out of county by county. I also haven't found much in FL because there too it is time consuming to look into each county and as we know he travels away from where he lives.

These may not be exact but it's a pretty good look at his time in SC:
2001 - 2002 Several Speeding Tickets - Spartanburg and Cherokee Co.
2003 - 2007 USMC - Indecent Exp - Busted 4 times - Camp LeJuene.
3/2006 Indecent Exposure - 2 yrs Susp/3 yrs Prob - Spartanburg Co.
2/2007 - Assault ABHAN - Dismissed - Dillon Co.
5/2007 - Speeding - Cherokee Co.
10/2007 - Indecent Exposure - 3 yrs jail - Beaufort Co.
Sometime above there was marriage and divorce.
5/2011 - Speeding - Cherokee Co.
10/2011 - DUI - Suspended License - Spartanburg Co.
11/2011 - Marriage.
12/2011 - Speeding, Seatbelt, Suspended - Spartanburg Co.
3/2012 - Driving Susp - Arrest - I think he had to spend some time in jail. - Spartanburg Co.
8/2012 KN - Passing and no Insurance. Things must have been getting out of control, maybe he didnt feel he could work with no license and a conviction and this must have been when his grandmother asked him to leave.
He must be a really aggressive driver.

Looking up court records in SC is a little difficult because you have to go in and out of county by county. I also haven't found much in FL because there too it is time consuming to look into each county and as we know he travels away from where he lives.

These may not be exact but it's a pretty good look at his time in SC:
2001 - 2002 Several Speeding Tickets - Spartanburg and Cherokee Co.
2003 - 2007 USMC - Indecent Exp - Busted 4 times - Camp LeJuene.
3/2006 Indecent Exposure - 2 yrs Susp/3 yrs Prob - Spartanburg Co.
2/2007 - Assault ABHAN - Dismissed - Dillon Co.
5/2007 - Speeding - Cherokee Co.
10/2007 - Indecent Exposure - 3 yrs jail - Beaufort Co.
Sometime above there was marriage and divorce.
5/2011 - Speeding - Cherokee Co.
10/2011 - DUI - Suspended License - Spartanburg Co.
11/2011 - Marriage.
12/2011 - Speeding, Seatbelt, Suspended - Spartanburg Co.
3/2012 - Driving Susp - Arrest - I think he had to spend some time in jail. - Spartanburg Co.
8/2012 KN - Passing and no Insurance. Things must have been getting out of control, maybe he didnt feel he could work with no license and a conviction and this must have been when his grandmother asked him to leave.
He must be a really aggressive driver.

Thanks ocgrad. I agree, going through SC records is a task.
I'm curious why he was never disciplined by the Marine Corp. I have always been under the impression they are an extremely proud branch of the military. Why didn't they boot him out for his indecent exposures?

Thanks ocgrad. I agree, going through SC records is a task.
I'm curious why he was never disciplined by the Marine Corp. I have always been under the impression they are an extremely proud branch of the military. Why didn't they boot him out for his indecent exposures?
That was the move from Camp LeJuene to Parris Island, it was disciplinary. And I believe he after the last one he received a dishonorable discharge.

That was the move from Camp LeJuene to Parris Island, it was disciplinary. And I believe he after the last one he received a dishonorable discharge.

Thank you for explaining, that was bothering me!

TW, ML, A&L - so many people to have potentially revolved around one murderer. Made me think of the Clinton conspiracy regarding the high number of suspicious deaths or murdered people that they knew. I really don't believe in coincidence so I have two questions:

Me = 0

1. Personally been in the area for 2 murders.
2. I've known 3 people who were murdered.

A close family friend, the man who has stepped in to act as my children's grandfather, is currently a witness in a murder trial. One of his friends kidnapped a woman, murdered her, and buried her on our friend's property. Cellphone pings led police to her body.

Sometimes coincidences DO happen and, unfortunately, in a dysfunctional family or when you're surrounded by people who engage in crime, you are subjected to things that other people may not be. I live in an area with a big drug problem. Many people in my community have been killed over said drugs. I've had family members caught up in the crimes. Doesn't make ME a murderer, though. Sometimes the common denominator isn't a person but a situation.

1. 1
2. 0
3. Other-Know someone who killed someone-1

Me = 0

Me = 0

The neighbors across the street from my childhood home in Virginia were much older than the other neighbors on our street. Around the time that I graduated from high school, the husband died of natural causes as far as I know. After a year or so, the wife moved away to move in with some family friends of hers and was murdered at that house at age 72 with the lady there. This was a long time ago but I was able to find an article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...3ce-a7c2-ba7ea953a49b/?utm_term=.daf222299b15

I'm not sure why DN is on Tim's murder thread. Regardless, DN was shipped away from the regular barracks of Marines to Parris Island where he was under guard watch 24/7 while the military got his dishonorable discharge papers in order. Keep in mind, the military never issues dishonorable discharges easily. An enlistee must perform some egregious acts to be kicked out of the barracks and moved into quarantine at PI. Once a soldier has a dishonorable discharge, it follows the person the rest of their life. It makes it tough for DD to acquire good jobs, for one major reason. Look where DN ended up. Living out of a car with two children and a wife with a broken car with outdated licensed plates.

I find it incredibly sad when compared to most lives led after military service. DN being DD from the Marines, ended any dreams he had at future success because, let's face it, he wasn't the sharpest kid on the block.

Now, please tell me why DN is the talk of the thread since he is in Indiana now?

And who is ML? Is she the lady who committed suicide and her family and friends held a life celebration for her last October?

The ABHAN charge, per Daey's link, was dismissed.
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dil...376103556956101112115117101120117788811279119

I'm not sure why DN is on Tim's murder thread. Regardless, DN was shipped away from the regular barracks of Marines to Parris Island where he was under guard watch 24/7 while the military got his dishonorable discharge papers in order. Keep in mind, the military never issues dishonorable discharges easily. An enlistee must perform some egregious acts to be kicked out of the barracks and moved into quarantine at PI. Once a soldier has a dishonorable discharge, it follows the person the rest of their life. It makes it tough for DD to acquire good jobs, for one major reason. Look where DN ended up. Living out of a car with two children and a wife with a broken car with outdated licensed plates.

I find it incredibly sad when compared to most lives led after military service. DN being DD from the Marines, ended any dreams he had at future success because, let's face it, he wasn't the sharpest kid on the block.

Now, please tell me why DN is the talk of the thread since he is in Indiana now?

And who is ML? Is she the lady who committed suicide and her family and friends held a life celebration for her last October?

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dil...376103556956101112115117101120117788811279119

TW - no news at all - no updates. No call for tips, no reward offered. Why?

Thats a good question DeDee! There seems to be a gag order in CO and all LE has said with regard to whether the trails are safe is "Mr Nations is in custody", as if he is their only suspect in TW murder. It is unclear if they have ballistics work done or not, or whether the gun DN had at the time of arrest is even the same as what he had earlier in Sept. LE has not made any comment after saying they expect more charges for DN. The most compelling thing that I suppose makes it difficult for me to let go of DN is the timing of TW's murder coincides perhaps even to the hour of when DNs' brothers killer was sentenced, quite a coincidence. For sure it seems if they were going to charge him they would have done it before they let him go but as you know sometimes the evidence does not line up at first. And he still has a pending charge left in CO as well as child custody.

ML is the woman who may have committed suicide. You know one thing that bothers me about the search for her is that the reports describe when it was called off that the search dogs did not detect any trace of her scent in the area where her vehicle was found. And they stated they wanted to talk to anyone who saw her vehicle in the days between when she went missing and before it was found at the Catamount campground. It was stated like they thought she did not leave it there. I know her friends know her but depressed people can still be murdered. Do you know she went missing a day before DN showed up in Woodland Park just 5 miles away from where her car was found. Maybe just another coincidence i guess.

ML is the woman who may have committed suicide. You know one thing that bothers me about the search for her is that the reports describe when it was called off that the search dogs did not detect any trace of her scent in the area where her vehicle was found. And they stated they wanted to talk to anyone who saw her vehicle in the days between when she went missing and before it was found at the Catamount campground. It was stated like they thought she did not leave it there. I know her friends know her but depressed people can still be murdered. Do you know she went missing a day before DN showed up in Woodland Park just 5 miles away from where her car was found. Maybe just another coincidence i guess.

In suicides, people often want to seek "other" answers because it's difficult to accept the idea that mental illness of that magnitude could go unchecked and unknown by those who knew them. The simplest explanation is often the right one and, in this instance, there is an explanation that doesn't tie into two other murders across two states by someone who hasn't been charged in either.

Me = 0

1. 0 (area means little town)
2. 2

One young man had been my schoolmate in Primary school (was slain).
The other young man had been the very best friend of my later husband (was shot out of a driving taxi).
I never heard whether the killers were found. :(
I never heard of other murders in my town until today (since circa 1962/3).

In suicides, people often want to seek "other" answers because it's difficult to accept the idea that mental illness of that magnitude could go unchecked and unknown by those who knew them. The simplest explanation is often the right one and, in this instance, there is an explanation that doesn't tie into two other murders across two states by someone who hasn't been charged in either.
The simplest explanation why her car turned up and no scent of her in the car park is that she didn't leave it there. And that's impossible in a suicide. I guess this should be on the ML thread but it is difficult to separate when there are similarities and links to discuss.
(mods please delete if not on topic)

TW - no news at all - no updates. No call for tips, no reward offered. Why?
Also, why did LE seize all the N's belongings and car and still not returned? Did they give KN her weapon back yet? DN was convicted of threatening cyclists on a trail where a cyclist was killed the day his brother's killer was sentenced. He was circling the search area. That's why he was caught and is why he is in jail now. That's why he is on this thread - "the Co guy". That's why they're not looking for anyone else. That's why there's a gag order. These are facts.

I believe it was the day before. He was caught returning to the scene of the crime.

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-county/more-details-unveiled-on-nationss-criminal-past/633133350

"KRDO spoke to an investigator who arrested Nations back in 2007 in the city of Port Royal, South Carolina near where he was stationed as a marine at Parris Island.

He had prior convictions for public indecency; one in Spartanburg and four in Camp Lejeune. Those led to probation. The Port Royal case started when he was spotted masturbating in a parking lot by one victim, and then another saw him.

The very next day, Nations went back.
"Based on that, we started watching the areas where we thought he'd frequent. Within one day, we located him within one of our beach areas. Nothing had happened, but we located him, ID'd him, took some photographs," said Dep. Chief Ron Wekenmann with the Port Royal Police Department. "
Sounds familiar being arrested after returning to the scene of a crime. Perhaps he can't help himself.
:cow:

1. Personally been in the area for 2 murders.
2. I've known 3 people who were murdered.

A close family friend, the man who has stepped in to act as my children's grandfather, is currently a witness in a murder trial. One of his friends kidnapped a woman, murdered her, and buried her on our friend's property. Cellphone pings led police to her body.

Sometimes coincidences DO happen and, unfortunately, in a dysfunctional family or when you're surrounded by people who engage in crime, you are subjected to things that other people may not be. I live in an area with a big drug problem. Many people in my community have been killed over said drugs. I've had family members caught up in the crimes. Doesn't make ME a murderer, though. Sometimes the common denominator isn't a person but a situation.

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry for those experiences. I would like to point out that I have a very small family. Father was an only child and mother has one sister with no children. Still, not all are familial...which kind of was my point. I have lived in apartment complexes in Houston where there had not been murders committed. We see it on the news every single day. According to this government link, more prevalent in the south. https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state

Oddly enough, South Carolina's numbers are very high.
Thanks again for your input.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-17&p=13193234#post13193234

This is a link to a post on A&L thread from almost a year ago where a poster mentions talk of a red car with paper plates seen. This is strange considering the circumstances that had DN arrested. Just wondering if we can look into this?

That was back in March, a couple weeks after the murders and 6 months before DN came onto the radar. Of all the vehicle colors out there, and the even smaller percentage with paper plates (temp tags), it's the combination of red + paper plates mentioned. What are the odds...? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420