CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I know it’s not popular, but I see him in the picture.

Sorry everyone for posting about Rafael Sanchez and Anna Williams. I didn’t think a news reporter would make such an error, so I took it as a fact 😯

Lots of terrible reporting this week. I have a feeling LE will include or exclude DN soon because of all of the confusion.

The way he positions his mouth in the mugshot... I am seeing the same thing in the BG still-frame. And comparing the postures of the pic of DN walking away and the BG still-frame, also very similar IMO

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

This Dillon County SC charge says “dismissed” and “not indicted,” and the SC state records say “transferred”

https://imgur.com/gallery/qSFCR

Either way, I’m very curious to know what he was accused of because ABHAN means the assault was likely to cause death or massive disfigurement.

“SECTION 16-3-600. Assault and battery; definitions; degrees of offenses.

(A) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Great bodily injury" means bodily injury which causes a substantial risk of death or which causes serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member or organ.

(2) "Moderate bodily injury" means physical injury that involves prolonged loss of consciousness, or that causes temporary or moderate disfigurement or temporary loss of the function of a bodily member or organ, or injury that requires medical treatment when the treatment requires the use of regional or general anesthesia or injury that results in a fracture or dislocation. Moderate bodily injury does not include one-time treatment and subsequent observation of scratches, cuts, abrasions, bruises, burns, splinters, or any other minor injuries that do not ordinarily require extensive medical care.

(3) "Private parts" means the genital area or buttocks of a male or female or the breasts of a female.

(B)(1) A person commits the offense of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature if the person unlawfully injures another person, and:

(a) great bodily injury to another person results; or

(b) the act is accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily injury.”

Daey, it is Sanchez's problem, terrible reporting. Where are the "old school reporters"?

The Delphi thread remains closed for a reason.

This thread is only for discussion of Tim's case. Don't hijack this thread with discussion of the Delphi case.

I feel like this charge, even if it was dismissed, is very important and relevant to TW’s murder as it relates to DN as a possible POI.

“ABHAN is prosecuted in General Sessions Court. A person can be convicted of ABHAN if the person actually injures someone and the assault resulted in great bodily injury or the assault was accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily injury. If convicted of ABHAN, a person is guilty of a felony and can be sentenced up to 20 years.”

So at one point in time, DN was accused of nearly killing someone.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dillon/PublicIndex/CaseDetails.aspx?County=17&CourtAgency=17001&Casenum=K129867&CaseType=C&HKey=8588108109761201161165410852795375103768111712112210899561101177376103556956101112115117101120117788811279119

Oh my, so ....if the two cases end up related, what should we do?

Oh my, so ....if the two cases end up related, what should we do?

We must remember that one of the reasons DN was caught is because his brother's killer was sentenced the day that TW was killed. That's a big connection IMO. If TW's death means the Delphi killer was caught, we must be thankful. Why there is no further news of TW's homicide investigation, I can only speculate.

:cow:

I feel like this charge, even if it was dismissed, is very important and relevant to TW’s murder as it relates to DN as a possible POI.

“ABHAN is prosecuted in General Sessions Court. A person can be convicted of ABHAN if the person actually injures someone and the assault resulted in great bodily injury or the assault was accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily injury. If convicted of ABHAN, a person is guilty of a felony and can be sentenced up to 20 years.”

So at one point in time, DN was accused of nearly killing someone.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dil...376103556956101112115117101120117788811279119

Haven't been able to pull this up yet and imgur wouldn't load for me either.

Ah that works from the quote above. So it says discharged July 2007. Was he in the marines then ?

Just checked on the In thread. His Co Atty said he served in the marines 2003-2007. So this was in the year of his Dishonorable Discharge - perhaps the case was dealt with by court martial instead? MOO of course.

Ps. Great find Daey.

Shiressleuth said:
snipped....
Ok that link has been updated. Jury trial for 22 May with two dates beforehand for pre trial conferences.

I'm not seeing any Jury trial for May 22 - ?? All I'm seeing are these "pending" cases.
Edited to add: Never mind - I didn't "click" on the Johnson County violations - I see it now! :doh:

State of Indiana v. Daniel James Nations
41H02-1705-CM-000797

Court: Greenwood City Court
Case Type: CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed: 05/29/2017
Charges: 9-24-19-2(1)(2)/MA: Driving While Suspended (Prior w/in 10 years), 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia
Parties: State of Indiana, Nations

State of Indiana v. Daniel Nations
49G08-1611-CM-044537

Court: Marion Superior Court, Criminal Division 8
Case Type: CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed: 11/17/2016
Charges: 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia, 9-24-18-1/MC: Knowingly or Intentionally Operating Motor Vehicle w/o Ever Receiving a License
Parties: State of Indiana, Nations
Attorneys: Mansour

from the Facebook link of Rafael Sanchez:
Back in Indiana
Daniel Nations being held in Johnson County jail after being extradited from Colorado. Sheriff says trip was trouble free. Nations returns to court March 28th

No worries, easy to get confused with three cases which may or may not be linked and we just don't know yet. For anyone new trying to follow this : There is the Abby & Libby Delphi IN thread (DN is a POI), this TW thread re: TW's killing in Colorado (DN was arrested in the vicinity, was in possession of a hatchet and a gun) and the ML (Micah Lambert) thread also out of CO, a woman who remains missing and whose car was found at a trailhead.

The above pic of a toilet facility is said to be near that trailhead where ML's car was found. Some suggested that if DN was in that vicinity he could possibly have surprised ML, possibly exposing himself in or near this toilet facility as he is known to have done in the past in a public-use restroom.

I wonder what kinds of things DN was pawning and when? Wonder if any were items taken from any of these victims (we do not know yet if ML is a victim or became lost or left the area of her own free will) or items possibly taken from house break-ins in these areas.That could be telling. Do pawnshops take any pics or records of items they take in? Sorry, never been to one. I think it unlikely that TW would have had many possessions on him but could have had a camera, a watch, etc. I don't recall any talk of TW having or not having a phone on him... Anyone??

Thread #1

Bumping Ember's reminder post to stop us getting the cases confused.
:confused:

For those having trouble viewing links above, attached are screenshots of the Dillon Co, SC Assault & Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature (ABHAN) charge that Daey uncovered. (Excellent find Daey). When added to the rest of the big picture, this is scary. MOO
ETA: Not sure where DN was living/based when this happened but here are some mileage estimates:
Camp Lejeune NC to Dillon County, SC 162 miles
Chesnee, SC to Dillon County, SC 215 miles
Parris Island, SC to Dillon County, SC 190 miles

ETA2: Added Source Link. Click on Dillon Co, search by name: http://www.sccourts.org/caseSearch/

Attachments

• DN_DillonCoCourt1.jpg
    DN_DillonCoCourt1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DN_DillonCoCourt2.jpg
    DN_DillonCoCourt2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 34
For those having trouble viewing links above, attached are screenshots of the Dillon Co, SC Assault & Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature (ABHAN) charge that Daey uncovered. (Excellent find Daey). When added to the rest of the big picture, this is scary. MOO
ETA: Not sure where DN was living/based when this happened but here are some mileage estimates:
attachment.php

He was arrested on a February date, 2/22/07. Does anyone know what date the actual crime occurred?

ETA2: Added Source Link. Click on Dillon Co, search by name: http://www.sccourts.org/caseSearch/

His address on that court record was the Chesnee address.

BTW Fayetteville, NC, Home of Fort Bragg, only 56 minutes/59 miles from Dillon, SC. Dillon looks to be just across the state line from NC to SC and we know he likes nipping from state to state, county to county.

He was arrested on a February date, 2/22/07. Does anyone know what date the actual crime occurred?

I believe it was the day before. He was caught returning to the scene of the crime.

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-county/more-details-unveiled-on-nationss-criminal-past/633133350

"KRDO spoke to an investigator who arrested Nations back in 2007 in the city of Port Royal, South Carolina near where he was stationed as a marine at Parris Island.

He had prior convictions for public indecency; one in Spartanburg and four in Camp Lejeune. Those led to probation. The Port Royal case started when he was spotted masturbating in a parking lot by one victim, and then another saw him.

The very next day, Nations went back.
"Based on that, we started watching the areas where we thought he'd frequent. Within one day, we located him within one of our beach areas. Nothing had happened, but we located him, ID'd him, took some photographs," said Dep. Chief Ron Wekenmann with the Port Royal Police Department. "

I believe that is a separate incident. ABHAN is an especially aggravated assault in which someone is injured to a point where death is a likely scenario. So it would not be the public masturbation. IMO.

I believe it was the day before. He was caught returning to the scene of the crime.

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-county/more-details-unveiled-on-nationss-criminal-past/633133350

"KRDO spoke to an investigator who arrested Nations back in 2007 in the city of Port Royal, South Carolina near where he was stationed as a marine at Parris Island.

He had prior convictions for public indecency; one in Spartanburg and four in Camp Lejeune. Those led to probation. The Port Royal case started when he was spotted masturbating in a parking lot by one victim, and then another saw him.

"Based on that, we started watching the areas where we thought he'd frequent. Within one day, we located him within one of our beach areas. Nothing had happened, but we located him, ID'd him, took some photographs," said Dep. Chief Ron Wekenmann with the Port Royal Police Department. "

His address on that court record was the Chesnee address.

BTW Fayetteville, NC, Home of Fort Bragg, only 56 minutes/59 miles from Dillon, SC. Dillon looks to be just across the state line from NC to SC and we know he likes nipping from state to state, county to county.
Ft Bragg is US Army.

My apologies. I wasn't clear. I meant when did the ABHAN crime occur that he was arrested for on February 22, 2007?

Hi All! Is there any way we can inquire of LE in the county of TW's murder whether there has been ANY reward for info of any sort set up and, if not, is there some reason not? (Are they opposed to it?)

I don't understand how friends and family of TW are expected to just patiently wait with no updates from LE. Or are they getting updates we are not privy to?

Is LE considering any kind of update to the public re: the safety of using those trails again? I mean, they can't guarantee safety, ever, but they could perhaps make a suggestion as to whether the killer of TW is likely still out there unidentified? Or do they have their eye on someone? Or do they think it might involve someone known to TW (as in a personal sort of vendetta?) Or do they just not know?

Are people still using those trails as before or has use tapered off?

(Perhaps the winter weather prohibits use at this time? IDK.)

Many questions. NO answers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member