CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that terrible reporting didn’t check into see if he was free or still in custody. He’s in custody in Bartholomew county. I knew he was, as it’s the next charge to face, so I called and confirmed.

I'm confused. The article makes it sound like he is free as a bird ... but is he actually still in custody and will be shipped to face upcoming charges?
And WHY has WS shut the A&L thread down for so long??????????????

Because that terrible reporting didn’t check into see if he was free or still in custody. He’s in custody in Bartholomew county. I knew he was, as it’s the next charge to face, so I called and confirmed.
Thank you. That is good to know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know one of DN's doc's is sealed, mycaseIN the Feb 13/17 one.

I know one of DN's doc's is sealed, mycaseIN the Feb 13/17 one.

I'm not seeing that - ?? Do I not see it, as it is sealed? But that can't be true, if you can see it! LOL!

Can you copy & paste which one? In which County maybe?

TIA! :wave:

And thanks for all the updates all!!

I found this under Bartholomew county:

State V Daniel J Nations
Case Number 03D02-1509-CM-004310
Court Bartholomew Superior Court 2
Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 09/01/2015
Status 01/13/2016 , Pending (active)
Reference
Legacy System Number

4/25/2018
Correspondence to/from Court Filed
LETTER FILED BY DEFENDANT
File Stamp:
04/25/2018

4/25/2018
Administrative Event
LETTER FILED BY DEFENDANT. FORWARDED TO ATTORNEY OF RECORD. NOT MADE PART OF CASE.

Not sure "what" this means...

She was referring to the 2/13 sealed subpoena. But there isn’t anything that ties that subpoena to DN as far as I know.

https://imgur.com/user/dudeFlyer

https://imgur.com/gallery/NpvZO8v

I'm not seeing that - ?? Do I not see it, as it is sealed? But that can't be true, if you can see it! LOL!

Can you copy & paste which one? In which County maybe?

TIA! :wave:

And thanks for all the updates all!!

I'm confused. The article makes it sound like he is free as a bird ... but is he actually still in custody and will be shipped to face upcoming charges?
And WHY has WS shut the A&L thread down for so long??????????????
That is the million dollar question.
Is there any way LE would have quietly asked WS to shut the thread down?

Called Bartholomew again. His bond is 5k, as Niner noted above. It is $505 cash (10%).

The sheriff states he also has a hold in Marion County, so he will face those charges after this one.

Once again, stellar reporting by Fox59. And no, they don’t just let sex offenders who are non compliant have probation. It’s a charade

Here's what I found:

Indiana:
For Johnson County:
05/22/2018
CANCELED Bench Trial
Reason: Other Session:
05/22/2018 8:30 AM, Cancelled

10/29/2018 Compliance Hearing
Session: 10/29/2018 9:00 AM, Judicial Officers: Hamner, Lance Dalton; Hamner, Lance - SJ

for the Bartholomew County pending case: where he is now in custody
04/25/2018
Administrative Event
LETTER FILED BY DEFENDANT. FORWARDED TO ATTORNEY OF RECORD. NOT MADE PART OF CASE.

05/02/2018
Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Served

Colorado:
Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
6/7/18
10:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

6/8/18
2:30 PM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Dissolution & Permanent Orders D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

His Judgment doc for the FTR conviction in Johnson CO is on the mycase.gov site (linked). Below are quotes.

"Additional conditions of Nations probation include appearing at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to be fingerprinted and have his picture taken. He must also submit a DNA sample to the Indiana Department of Corrections." -RTV6

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Defendant shall submit to the collection of a DNA sample at such time, date, and location directed by the Probation Department, if convicted of any felony not committed to the Indiana Department of Corrections. (-per Judgment doc)

IMHO that's a little confusing, there's been so much back & forth about whether IN has his DNA or not. So does that mean they did not have it all this time -or- that he has to submit a separate sample specifically for IN DOC if convicted of a felony separate from what is overseen by IN DOC?

Also this:
Upon Defendant provided proof to Probation that he has a place to live and a date certain that he is moving to Colorado, his probation may be terminated.

And per the RTV6 article:
"Nations was placed on probation but that condition will be dropped if he moves back to Colorado."

The court doc says probation "terminated" not "revoked". RTV6 says "dropped". So if he opts to move to CO then he's no longer on probation? That doesn't make sense, it's an incentive to move back to CO. He still has to get through Bartholomew and Marion COs, but taken by itself, Johnson CO result is puzzling IMHO.

Tossing this in, I find it curious:
As an additional term of probation, the Defendant shall not consume any controlled
substances, even if prescribed by a physician.
2. Valle Vista Health System is not an authorized treatment provider for any term of my
sentence.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik56a3dOVFF4T0RFME1EVXdPall4TVRNME5qZ3lPR1E9In19

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-register-as-a-sex-offender-in-johnson-county

Here's what I found:

Indiana:
For Johnson County:
05/22/2018
CANCELED Bench Trial
Reason: Other Session:
05/22/2018 8:30 AM, Cancelled

10/29/2018 Compliance Hearing
Session: 10/29/2018 9:00 AM, Judicial Officers: Hamner, Lance Dalton; Hamner, Lance - SJ

for the Bartholomew County pending case: where he is now in custody
04/25/2018
Administrative Event

05/02/2018
Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Served

Colorado:
Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
6/7/18
10:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

6/8/18
2:30 PM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Dissolution & Permanent Orders D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

So is their divorce to be finalized 6/8/18?
If they never really had DN's DNA is it possible the extradition occurred hoping to finally get it in Indiana.
Maybe the shoe will finally drop. JMO

That’s what it appears, that the divorce will be finalized. I wonder if the kids are in foster care. It appears they are by “review hearings.”

So is their divorce to be finalized 6/8/18?
If they never really had DN's DNA is it possible the extradition occurred hoping to finally get it in Indiana.
Maybe the shoe will finally drop. JMO

I cannot shake DN. I can be fickle and jump ship..but DN is my ride or die ..I just can't shake that video of him keying that vehicle.

I feel someday we will know more about why the thread was closed and perhaps we will be vindicated, after all DN is as good suspect as any in any of these killings.

Tim's story is just bizarre. Did he really sleep out in those woods that night..? Darn spooky story if you ask me..

MOO

Called Bartholomew again. His bond is 5k, as Niner noted above. It is $505 cash (10%).

The sheriff states he also has a hold in Marion County, so he will face those charges after this one.

Once again, stellar reporting by Fox59. And no, they don’t just let sex offenders who are non compliant have probation. It’s a charade

Why wouldn't they already have taken his DNA? One of the probation conditions is that he must submit DNA and fingerprints.

His Judgment doc for the FTR conviction in Johnson CO is on the mycase.gov site (linked). Below are quotes.

"Additional conditions of Nations probation include appearing at the Johnson County Sheriff's Office to be fingerprinted and have his picture taken. He must also submit a DNA sample to the Indiana Department of Corrections." -RTV6

IMHO that's a little confusing, there's been so much back & forth about whether IN has his DNA or not. So does that mean they did not have it all this time -or- that he has to submit a separate sample specifically for IN DOC if convicted of a felony separate from what is overseen by IN DOC?

Also this:

And per the RTV6 article:
"Nations was placed on probation but that condition will be dropped if he moves back to Colorado."

The court doc says probation "terminated" not "revoked". RTV6 says "dropped". So if he opts to move to CO then he's no longer on probation? That doesn't make sense, it's an incentive to move back to CO. He still has to get through Bartholomew and Marion COs, but taken by itself, Johnson CO result is puzzling IMHO.

Tossing this in, I find it curious:

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/CaseSummary/eyJ2Ijp7IkNhc2VUb2tlbiI6Ik56a3dOVFF4T0RFME1EVXdPall4TVRNME5qZ3lPR1E9In19

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-register-as-a-sex-offender-in-johnson-county

What about the probation he got (two years IIRC) in Co? Did that transfer to In with him and will both probations transfer back with him to Co? This seems an incredibly good deal for him.

This feels similar to how things ended up working out for RL (owner of property where girls were found) in the Abby and Libby case. He was subjected to a media circus and internet feeding frenzy (in part due to his initial willingness to take part in interviews shortly after the crime). The charges against him were valid but a lot of folks felt he paid a hefty price with the media attention and the potential of loosing his home (I believe that didn’t end up happening though). In the end his sentence was adjusted and I believe he’s serving out the rest with a monitor at home. To me it felt like they initially came down hard on him to prove a point but in the end saw that he paid a pretty hefty price in terms of rumors and dragging out all his skeletons.

I’m not saying RL and DN are remotely similar, and I definitely feel like DN got off way too easy, but you have to wonder if they would rather wash their hands of him and ship him off to the next jurisdiction to hopefully avoid any future negative press or lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neither Co or In have come down hard. These were serious felony offences and he has only got probation - which he was on before when he absconded to Co. I don't get it at all.

I cannot shake DN. I can be fickle and jump ship..but DN is my ride or die ..I just can't shake that video of him keying that vehicle.

I feel someday we will know more about why the thread was closed and perhaps we will be vindicated, after all DN is as good suspect as any in any of these killings.

Tim's story is just bizarre. Did he really sleep out in those woods that night..? Darn spooky story if you ask me..

MOO

No he came home to his wife the night before he died I thought she said in that article. The next morning was her birthday and she went to work planning to get together with him again that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234