CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths shut down about the Delphi case as did 3 individuals Randy Gravitts, Michael Stroup and Greeno. Perhaps they have all been told to stop...of course other sites exist such as closed FB groups however these you tubes and the WS site are Public...fare game for anyone to look at,,,who knows.

They have been told to stop. whatever. I don't like it, Ive been here since 2008 and like I said I hope there is an heroic reason because DN is still a POI, so the claim that he is not is not true. So, a credibility issue too. And yes I know I can create my own blog, will I then be asked to not discuss DN by LE? Will I be shut down, sued? just because of a vague statement by police alluding to a lack of interest in DN, that never states he is no longer a POI..just a comment that he is not interesting right now? what does that even mean?

because of minor squabbling among those who wish to discuss and those who wish not to? Some of us still want to discuss this case and it's suspects. One of whom has no alibi.

there is no sleuthing without sluethers.

no websleuths without cases.

MOO

I agree. I don’t understand it.

If you look at the CrimeCon conference notes this past weekend on fb and Reddit, the attendees are saying that Holeman states that DN was never a POI, and that was a rumor. However, there is no video of this conference. I am told the accounts are credible.

Then there are articles that state DN is not a POI. Then ones like this that state he is a POI but is not at the top of the list.

https://www.wowo.com/nations-again-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case/

What does that even mean? I would hope the people at WS would want to look at all of this info and misinformation.

They have been told to stop. whatever. I don't like it, Ive been here since 2008 and like I said I hope there is an heroic reason because DN is still a POI, so the claim that he is not is not true. So, a credibility issue too. And yes I know I can create my own blog, will I then be asked to not discuss DN by LE? Will I be shut down, sued? just because of a vague statement by police alluding to a lack of interest in DN, that never states he is no longer a POI..just a comment that he is not interesting right now? what does that even mean?

because of minor squabbling among those who wish to discuss and those who wish not to? Some of us still want to discuss this case and it's suspects. One of whom has no alibi.

there is no sleuthing without sluethers.

no websleuths without cases.

MOO

Also, what in the heck is going on with TW? No one in LE knows or will say. The last piece of news said the last tip came in a month ago. They said they have had multiple POI’s. Does the community ever learn whether or not there Is still a killer on the loose?

Today, I called Bartholomew County Jail as I was curious as to what happened yesterday at the disposiion hearing, the Deputy I spoke with said he is still her M' am, and when I said well will he be releaed soon and he response was "No mam. there are a lot of counties involved" When I questioned him further he said he could not release further info!

Some of the many things that keep replaying in my head:

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is cautiously optimistic about the possible connection between an arrest in Colorado and the murders of 13-year-old Abigail Joyce "Abby" Williams and 14-year-old Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German, both of Delphi....“There have been some similarities brought to our attention, but I cannot speak of the details,” said Leazenby. “The local FBI office in Lafayette has been in contact with FBI field agents in Colorado and they are looking into the case as we speak.” http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_26bda7f6-a472-11e7-8b59-eb09a35630d2.html

The El Paso County Sheriff spokesman told KCNC-TV that there are “many similarities” between the cases they are investigating and the February deaths of Libby German and Abby Williams in Delphi, but would not elaborate because Indiana State Police have asked them to not release other details to the public. “They have asked us not to speak on their case. So I’m not at liberty to elaborate on anything that’s related to what happened in Indiana.” https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/scary-details-daniel-nations-sex-025758328.html

CBS4 spoke with authorities in Colorado who said Nations was arrested near the same trail in Colorado where a bicyclist was shot to death two weeks ago. No arrests have been made yet in that murder....On Thursday, ISP called Nations a “person of interest” in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, but did not elaborate further...“We are going to check to see what his location was at the time of the murders back in February. If he was not in the state of Indiana at that time…that will pretty much clear him out,” said Sgt. Riley. http://cbs4indy.com/2017/09/28/indi...rado-is-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders/

The picture was taken by a friend searching for Tim Watkins, who went missing in that area on Sept. 14 and was found dead a few days later.

The friend said he thought it was strange that the car, sporting Indiana plates, drove by the search group more than once.
attachment.php
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

Who killed him and buried him there - and why - are enduring mysteries that have elevated tensions in the popular recreation area along the Palmer Divide...Seven months later, no arrests have been made, and the only known person of interest was released without charges related to Watkins' death.
attachment.php

http://gazette.com/unsolved-murder-...es-community-deeply-unsettled/article/1624299

Once DNA is collected for IN DOC, hopefully a lot of questions will be answered. MOO

Attachments

• 111111CAR.jpg
    111111CAR.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 184
  • TW Site.jpg
    TW Site.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 184
I also recall that soon after DN was arrested in Colrado, in one MSM article it was stated by Indiana Police that agents from the FBI in Colorado would investigate him, and if warranted , Indiana would send their people out to follow up. And they did! What's going on. I still feel he's the one. I hope time will tell.

Just have to get that DNA legally. does anyone know if there was any DNA found on TW? nothing disclosed? still so many questions.

I don"t think he ever gave his DNA to Indiana, they had to wait until now.

anyone think he will be linked to other crimes? I will be truly shocked if not. but looking how he has managed to maneuver all this time, managed to even get away for awhile..to Colorado. moo

Regarding the question as to whether Indy LE obtained DNA from Nations while in Colorado, these articles have appeared repeatedly in the A & L threads over the past 7 months:

Sept. 29th, 2017 - "He [Sgt. Kim Riley] said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene."

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/29/community-hopes-answers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

Sept. 29th, 2017 - "After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect." [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/carroll-county/delphi-investigators-in-colorado-to-interview-daniel-nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

I guess if your DNA is sitting with the military and you haven't had your custodial prosecution you are one lucky SEX Offender.

I am just wondering what country this is where a poi in a double homicide, the subject of thousands of articles and countless speculation , can suddenly be persona non-grata in a place where there is freedom of speech and freedom of the press..and without a gag order from a judge, the voices of the people are now silenced in pursuit of answers surrounding a non-compliant SO who is a POI in 3 murders.

Facebook will host any and all kinds of unimaginable garbage yet..BOOM..no discussion of this POI.

At the end of the day I hope there is an heroic and compelling reason for this " silencing"...otherwise I have to say as a matter of record I find it extremely unsettling and as an American citizen I feel I must resist against this.

MOO and I know I'm dead meat.
I have to wonder why they want his DNA when they clearly have said they already have it? :innocent:
And lots of posters agreed that they have it IIRC.

We just have to be patient and see how it pans out. I really feel for the three families going thru this justice process and wonder what they are being told?It's unsatisfactory IMO. We should not give up so keep posting whatever relevant info we can find to keep the thread current.

Regarding the question as to whether Indy LE obtained DNA from Nations while in Colorado, these articles have appeared repeatedly in the A & L threads over the past 7 months:

Sept. 29th, 2017 - "He [Sgt. Kim Riley] said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene."

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/29/community-hopes-answers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

Sept. 29th, 2017 - "After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect." [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/carroll-county/delphi-investigators-in-colorado-to-interview-daniel-nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Yeah, right. So why don't they give it to DOC then? 'Cos they don't have it imo.

"Any DNA they see fit to collect" I.e.none because they didn't even get to see him. LE double speak.
:cow:

Today, I called Bartholomew County Jail as I was curious as to what happened yesterday at the disposiion hearing, the Deputy I spoke with said he is still her M' am, and when I said well will he be releaed soon and he response was "No mam. there are a lot of counties involved" When I questioned him further he said he could not release further info!
???? There's only Marion after Bartholomew isn't there ? Maybe they're just playing pinball with him till they finally get that DNA. I wish some benefactor would post his bail. Then we'd find out if he really was of interest or not.

:cow:

TY for making that call Ma'am. :laughing:

Sept. 29th, 2017 - "After questioning Nations and collecting any evidence that they find, Riley said they will fast-track any type of DNA they see fit to collect." [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/carroll-county/delphi-investigators-in-colorado-to-interview-daniel-nations-in-connection-with-libby-abby-murders[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I too remember reading these articles. But, why then would the state of Indiana make the DNA sample a requirement for his sentencing in the Johnson County probation ? It doesn't make sense. Any thoughts?????

i really think they didn't want to let on to the public that DN gave them the bum's rush in Colorado.. I really think they knew then it meant they had to wait it out. Maybe they had a warrant for hair or something and they were able to get that.

If they got mitrochondrial (sic) DNA , even if they got a match it would not be enough to get a prosecution.

so it's very interesting. and because DN was held on his crazy behavior and not as a suspect in the TW murder maybe they didn't take it for the State of Colorado.

I guess in reality it's very difficult to take someone like DN and make all the connections and make it all fit together to have a case..the odds against a suspect ever being charged are probably astronomical. This is a terribly difficult case where the voice recording and images almost make it worse! In the case of TW again there are no known witnesses to the shooting, and they have little info but the "similarities" with abbey and libby and not much else.

strangely we have not seen any new killings that have similarities that I know of since DN has been incarcerated.

05/09/2018
Update for DN
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Dispositional Hearing scheduled for 05/21/2018 at 2:00 PM.
05/21/2018
Dispositional Hearing
Session: 05/21/2018 2:00 PM, Judicial Officer: Coriden, Kathleen Tighe

They keep buying time...at least it seems like this to me!

Also, there is a very good summary of the podcast (crimecon) on Reddit Delphi Murders. I would post it but I do not think it would be allowed.

I too remember reading these articles. But, why then would the state of Indiana make the DNA sample a requirement for his sentencing in the Johnson County probation ? It doesn't make sense. Any thoughts?????

I wonder if they never had it tested to compare against the perp in the TW or A+L case. If they even got it to begin with. I know they promised but.....

Wouldnt it be something if they get his DNA and it turns out he matches to DNA found at the crime scene of either TW or A+L or both cases all along?

Frankly it would not surprise me. I always wonder when we hear promises about things whether there is followup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89