CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I found my previous sheet on what his charges were in Teller County:

Charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a
hatchet & .22 caliber rifle. Additional charges will like be filed.

Were these the charges he got probation for?? Too many charges against this guy....

Possibly to review/transfer the probation to JoCo or DR could be Divorce or Domestic perhaps. Probably divorce IMO.

Yes, Deputy Flick’s killer was identified. I don’t know if non-locals realize, but the springs is a whole separate world from PL and Monument. It’s about 25-40 minutes of a drive depending on where you’re going, and it’s not peaceful like the tri-lakes area. Someone asked me the other day the best place to live in the springs, and I told him the periphery so you can escape faster. Sort of O/T but I wanted to drive home the idea that crime in the springs is 10000x worse than tri-lakes.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/10/el-paso-county-deputy-micah-flick-funeral-procession/

Miner, the 2/20 hearing is new. I don’t know what that is for. Does anyone else?

Because we can't discuss DN on the other thread..... :dunno:

and I just looked up his docket in Colorado - a "new" date on 2/20. Have no idea "what" this one is about. Anyone know what the DR is in case #? I know that the March 1 is re children.

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/20/18
8:30 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Setting D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
3/1/18
10:00 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

Because we can't discuss DN on the other thread..... :dunno:

and I just looked up his docket in Colorado - a "new" date on 2/20. Have no idea "what" this one is about. Anyone know what the DR is in case #? I know that the March 1 is re children.

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/20/18
8:30 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Setting D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

3/1/18
10:00 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

Thanks, Niner. Very interesting. Hadn't expected to see any new (2018) cases for DN in Colorado.

UBM - Perhaps "DR" simply stands for "Domestic Relations." Idk but I'm guessing KN has filed for divorce.

When I made a notation of this new Teller Co. CT Case on my calendar, I noticed that he was scheduled for 10:00 AM Feb. 21, 2018 in Clear Creek County for a Review Hearing. (This, of course, had been on the CCC CT Schedule prior to DN leaving Colo. so am assuming that one was canceled.)

I think this would be a good time for Colorado media to request a copy of TW's Autopsy Report.

Thanks, Niner. Very interesting. Hadn't expected to see any new (2018) cases for DN in Colorado.

UBM - Perhaps "DR" simply stands for "Domestic Relations." Idk but I'm guessing KN has filed for divorce.

When I made a notation of this new Teller Co. CT Case on my calendar, I noticed that he was scheduled for 10:00 AM Feb. 21, 2018 in Clear Creek County for a Review Hearing. (This, of course, had been on the CCC CT Schedule prior to DN leaving Colo. so am assuming that one was canceled.)

( Just checked as i am looking at Mycase.in.gov for recent CaCo cases) In Indiana DR is indeed Domestic Relations and is regarding Marriage or Child Support. I would think KN has filed for separation and divorce.
:cow:

Okay I found my previous sheet on what his charges were in Teller County:

Charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a
hatchet & .22 caliber rifle. Additional charges will like be filed.

Were these the charges he got probation for?? Too many charges against this guy....
Yes. He took the plea deal on them and got probation. The CC one is a plea hearing so his atty will probably deal with that and may already have been agreed imo.

( Just checked as i am looking at Mycase.in.gov for recent CaCo cases) In Indiana DR is indeed Domestic Relations and is regarding Marriage or Child Support. I would think KN has filed for separation and divorce.
:cow:

Thanks, Shire. For a number of reasons I hope you're right about separation&divorce. For one, I don't think it's in anybody's best interest for these parents to produce more babies.

Thanks all for the explanation - makes sense!

Several weeks ago, I ran into several officers from El Paso county and Palmer Lake recently and flat out asked them, “Who killed Tim?”

The police chief said, “I don’t know,” He then went on to state that it’s still being investigated, and so I asked who is investigating it. He stated that the county, he believes.

I asked him (several weeks ago) if TW’s murder was connected to A&L’s murders. He said he knew nothing about that. The other officers were silent. I tried to read body language and facial expressions but could only interpret them collectively as honest and withdrawn.

I then ran into another officer and asked the same questions and got pretty much the same responses. It was almost as if I knew more about TW’s murder than they did. Maybe because I follow it, and for the most part even the local officers aren’t informed of any activity in this case (if there is any) IMO.

So either these guys are really good liars, or they aren’t informed about whether or not there’s a murderer still walking around in their jurisdiction, which is 6 square miles. Three part time officers. And a killer on the loose?

And they are not warning us. This is a place where they are actively community policing. They go into businesses and wave at you when you drive by. They see women and children walking the streets and trails alone, even at night. Yet no one seems concerned. LE is not concerned IMO.

I don’t understand why. There must be some awareness that a killer is suspected. I don’t know who it is, but there has to be someone or something for motive that we don’t know about. Unless it’s just general apathy. I don’t get it.

MOO
Maybe it would be a good idea to post a question on the EPCO Sheriff Office FB page. The last mention of TW murder and whether it was safe on the trails was that DN was in custody. So now that he is no longer in custody in CO they should provide an update. I posted a request for an update but they did not reply and it may be because I am not local. However I think they may be inclined to answer a local and a public post.

No they are not answering locals. I and a few others have asked a couple times.

Maybe it would be a good idea to post a question on the EPCO Sheriff Office FB page. The last mention of TW murder and whether it was safe on the trails was that DN was in custody. So now that he is no longer in custody in CO they should provide an update. I posted a request for an update but they did not reply and it may be because I am not local. However I think they may be inclined to answer a local and a public post.

No they are not answering locals. I and a few others have asked a couple times.

Well that's not very comforting to the local public
frown.gif

Still nothing new in MSM that I can find.

sidenote: @Shiressleuth, your Inbox is full.

They see women and children walking the streets and trails alone, even at night. Yet no one seems concerned. LE is not concerned IMO.
I don’t understand why.

Why? Because the public are largely ignorant that DN was released. And we were also told by the DA just after the arrest that "further charges will be filed". Next thing we know DN has quietly been given a secret plea bargain and a ticket to ski country for a couple of weeks. Poof! Game over!

To normal people we go "a plea bargain? what exactly did he bargain with?" and "you guys screwed up the investigation didn't you? did you violate his Miranda rights?".

The local Phillip Morris owned media however. They would never publicly question the integrity of our local LE nor publicly shed light on the homeless situation. That just isn't allowed. Politically, I think some people just want TW's death to go away. It's bad for business. Just Like Jaws. JLJ.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. He wasn’t released. He was extradited to Indiana. Is that ski country now?
Do you have anything to show that “Phillip Morris owners media” is controlling the suppression of TW’s murder?

This is too off topic and off base for me.

Why? Because the public are largely ignorant that DN was released. And we were also told by the DA just after the arrest that "further charges will be filed". Next thing we know DN has quietly been given a secret plea bargain and a ticket to ski country for a couple of weeks. Poof! Game over!

To normal people we go "a plea bargain? what exactly did he bargain with?" and "you guys screwed up the investigation didn't you? did you violate his Miranda rights?".

The local Phillip Morris owned media however. They would never publicly question the integrity of our local LE nor publicly shed light on the homeless situation. That just isn't allowed. Politically, I think some people just want TW's death to go away. It's bad for business. Just Like Jaws. JLJ.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. He wasn’t released. He was extradited to Indiana. Is that ski country now?
Do you have anything to show that “Phillip Morris owners media” is controlling the suppression of TW’s murder?

This is too off topic and off base for me.

He was released from El Paso County. And DN will be released in Indiana if it has not already occurred.

You're right though. I always forget it's Philip Anschutz not Phillip Morris.
The same Philip Anschutz who owns:
The Broadmoor
The Gazette
The Colorado Statesman

World Arena
The Pikes Peak Cog RR
The Pikes Peak or Bust Hill Climb
Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo
Norris Penrose Event Center
Seven Falls
The Ranch at Emerald Valley
Cloud Camp - the "backcountry" cabins on top of Cheyenne Mountain
The Broadmoor Fishing camp
and those are just a few local tourist venues PA/Broadmoor owns. There is much more. From MLS soccer to other media outlets and pro sports teams in L.A.

Not sure how long you've been in the Springs but speaking from personal knowledge I assure you that everything in this City revolves around what is called "beds and heads". That's what generates taxes for the City's general fund. Tourism and hotel taxes.

"Those room rates generate a boatload of lodger's tax, sales tax and property tax revenues. How much The Broadmoor adds to the city's more than $4 million a year collected from hotel room and car rental taxes isn't a matter of public record, although someone familiar with the tax says The Broadmoor is the biggest contributor. The annual Space Symposium attracts upwards of 10,000 people, many of whom stay in other hotels; as well, The Broadmoor is the venue of choice for countless conventions and local nonprofit fundraisers."
https://www.csindy.com/coloradospri...influence-knows-no-bounds/Content?oid=3762569

PA is worth $7 billion and I encourage you to look at everything PA owns across the nation before you say you don't think he has any influence on our city's politics. Not saying it's a bad thing. But in this town, tourism most definitely shapes what is reported in our local news from weather reports all the way to homicides.

Re BBM

JMO
I totally agree with you. I dont live there but I have skiid in Colorado at many different main resorts there and I know the tourism dollars there are huge. So its common sense to me that certain "powers" in that state would want to downplay certain crimes and especially murder.

Dont want to scare away any possible tourists that may be planning to visit.

We saw this exact type of thing in the Heather Elvis case IMO. The beach area where she lived is a huge tourist area and I believe we saw purposeful downplaying of her disappearance.

This is why it is so important we start to have real investigative journalists begin to do a better job of researching and publicizing certain things so that the public can stay informed. Nobody else is going to do it.

Re BBM

JMO
I totally agree with you. I dont live there but I have skiid in Colorado at many different main resorts there and I know the tourism dollars there are huge. So its common sense to me that certain "powers" in that state would want to downplay certain crimes and especially murder.

Dont want to scare away any possible tourists that may be planning to visit.

We saw this exact type of thing in the Heather Elvis case IMO. The beach area where she lived is a huge tourist area and I believe we saw purposeful downplaying of her disappearance.

This is why it is so important we start to have real investigative journalists begin to do a better job of researching and publicizing certain things so that the public can stay informed. Nobody else is going to do it.

Last Paragragh! ^^^^^

Is the Monument Police and Council Chiefs both still on paid leave for undisclosed matters? Any idea what that may be about?

Must be good being paid to do nothing.
Just wondering if it has any connection to TW's murder investigation or tourism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay