CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be easier just to write a letter?

To DN? I would assume his mail is read before he gets it. And we know that in the UK prisoners can and do get mobiles in somehow, so I'd assume that also happens in US prisons

Correct. Many counties in the US also allow access to tablets. They rent them by the hour. Refer to the show “60 days in,” as the inmates in Macon County have tablets.

To DN? I would assume his mail is read before he gets it. And we know that in the UK prisoners can and do get mobiles in somehow, so I'd assume that also happens in US prisons

Correct. Many counties in the US also allow access to tablets. They rent them by the hour. Refer to the show “60 days in,” as the inmates in Macon County have tablets.

Really? That's unbelievable. They must monitor them somehow, do they? Could be useful info back and forth.

Johnson County Indiana jail allows inmates to make collect calls. I see nothing online about tablets....but I can call there and inquire on Monday. MOO

Johnson County Indiana jail allows inmates to make collect calls. I see nothing online about tablets....but I can call there and inquire on Monday. MOO
Johnson county Indiana jail inmates do NOT have access to facebook. No tablets are provided. I just called to verify this information.

I don’t think FromGermany was asserting that DN actually talks to KN via web. That said, every jail in the US has a cell phone problem, even if they don’t have tablets.

I didn’t take her posts as communicating with DN. She could also be communicating with LE, or nobody at all.

Johnson county Indiana jail inmates do NOT have access to facebook. No tablets are provided. I just called to verify this information.

I don’t think FromGermany was asserting that DN actually talks to KN via web. That said, every jail in the US has a cell phone problem, even if they don’t have tablets.

I didn’t take her posts as communicating with DN. She could also be communicating with LE, or nobody at all.
TY for confirming that Brubon.

I am sure there are likely illicit cell phones that inmates can have "use" of, but they may have to pay.

DN may also be communicating by regular phone with someone who keeps him updated. Maybe his lawyer even?

Does somebody represent him during the Co custody hearings DWK?

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Final Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am CT) - for Johnson County – IN – Daniel James Nations (31) – Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & Surety of $1000. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. $1k Cash only. Bench trial on May 22nd.
Plus in Indiana these are 2 separate cases & 1 transferred to Johnson County:
*Marion County: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/17/16): Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Pending (active).
*Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: PUBLIC INDECENCY- Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active).
*Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant issued-$1,000.00 CASH ONLY. Case was transferred to Johnson County on 2/12/18.

Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21/18) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.
Teller County, CO still involved with child custody case, next hearing June 7, 2018.

I cannot express in enough ways my shock and concern over these recent enlightenments. just..i cant even..

Did I miss something? What about the Bartholomew Co indecency charge (in the women's restroom)?

I guess there is no penalty to drive on a suspended license and failing to register as a sex offender is treated as a joke. Just give probation and hope he registers next time.

"Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge."

http://fox59.com/2018/05/02/person-...s-guilty-to-unrelated-johnson-county-charges/

DN is now in Bartholomew County Jail facing those charges. Real shi88y reporting as usual.

I guess there is no penalty to drive on a suspended license and failing to register as a sex offender is treated as a joke. Just give probation and hope he registers next time.

"Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge."

http://fox59.com/2018/05/02/person-...s-guilty-to-unrelated-johnson-county-charges/

This feels similar to how things ended up working out for RL (owner of property where girls were found) in the Abby and Libby case. He was subjected to a media circus and internet feeding frenzy (in part due to his initial willingness to take part in interviews shortly after the crime). The charges against him were valid but a lot of folks felt he paid a hefty price with the media attention and the potential of loosing his home (I believe that didn’t end up happening though). In the end his sentence was adjusted and I believe he’s serving out the rest with a monitor at home. To me it felt like they initially came down hard on him to prove a point but in the end saw that he paid a pretty hefty price in terms of rumors and dragging out all his skeletons.

I’m not saying RL and DN are remotely similar, and I definitely feel like DN got off way too easy, but you have to wonder if they would rather wash their hands of him and ship him off to the next jurisdiction to hopefully avoid any future negative press or lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally disagree. I think there’s a reason they extradited him. If they wanted to “wash their hands,” they could have waved extradition. Easily. Instead they brought him to IN and are sending him from county to county for what? A couple years of probation? Think of what the extradition cost.

There is no way he got off so easily in CO and IN. Sorry. No way IMO.

Even if DN is never charged with murder, the last county he faces (Marion is still left after Bartholomew) will probably throw the book at him. But I think there is more. It’s just a show until these charges are all resolved. MOO.

This feels similar to how things ended up working out for RL (owner of property where girls were found) in the Abby and Libby case. He was subjected to a media circus and internet feeding frenzy (in part due to his initial willingness to take part in interviews shortly after the crime). The charges against him were valid but a lot of folks felt he paid a hefty price with the media attention and the potential of loosing his home (I believe that didn’t end up happening though). In the end his sentence was adjusted and I believe he’s serving out the rest with a monitor at home. To me it felt like they initially came down hard on him to prove a point but in the end saw that he paid a pretty hefty price in terms of rumors and dragging out all his skeletons.

I’m not saying RL and DN are remotely similar, and I definitely feel like DN got off way too easy, but you have to wonder if they would rather wash their hands of him and ship him off to the next jurisdiction to hopefully avoid any future negative press or lawsuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally disagree. I think there’s a reason they extradited him. If they wanted to “wash their hands,” they could have waved extradition. Easily. Instead they brought him to IN and are sending him from county to county for what? A couple years of probation? Think of what the extradition cost.

Even if DN is never charged with murder, the last county he faces (Marion is still left after Bartholomew) will probably throw the book at him. But I think there is more. It’s just a show until these charges are all resolved. MOO.

I'm confused. The article makes it sound like he is free as a bird ... but is he actually still in custody and will be shipped to face upcoming charges?
And WHY has WS shut the A&L thread down for so long??????????????

I agree Daey. DN is not going to be free anytime soon, they are tying him up, and now that he is in jail in Bartholomew who knows what is ahead. The JoCo deal appears to be a plea bargain of sorts. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member