Comments Following ABC Action News Tattoo Story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everyone I am new been lurking for a while but i would like to say as imo that this may of been away to get his mind back to a part normal... i from experience know that loosng a child is mind blowing but fora a child showing up missing is determential to your mental state.. He is actually handling it very well but i believe that the le is telling him to keep his cool to protect his daughter i cry when i watch the video's the love in his eyes for his daughter is awesome.

I hope you're right about the tail and share your interest in the travel to get the tattoo. How did Ron know that a tattoo had been paid for, in advance, at that particular tattoo parlor ? I think there are three possibilities:

1. Some folks have speculated the tattoo parlor called him. But we don't know that as a fact.

2. It could be the donors called him directly. But again, we don't know that as a fact, either.

3. An intermediary, perhaps a mutual friend or associate, set it up. This is pure speculation on my part. But, if an intermediary is involved - wouldn't it be important to know who and why ?

I think the trip to Pinellas Park is concerning, because it extends the investigation into a entirely different geographical location. JMHO

How could Ron going to Pinellas Park extend the investigation into a different geographical location? He went there to get a tatoo which doesn't have anything to do with the disappearance of Haleigh.

When I went tracking with Gunny on Monday at the railroad tracks, there was a road to the left. I might go there over the week end to check it out

WELCOME and thanks, was it searched at all?

Hi everyone I am new been lurking for a while but i would like to say as imo that this may of been away to get his mind back to a part normal... i from experience know that loosng a child is mind blowing but fora a child showing up missing is determential to your mental state.. He is actually handling it very well but i believe that the le is telling him to keep his cool to protect his daughter i cry when i watch the video's the love in his eyes for his daughter is awesome.

WELCOME,

Does anyone know can a tattoo artist do a picture freehand from a photo?
Do they make an ink copy first??? When I watch tatoo on TV, they put
a copy on first and work around it???

Questions from the Tattoo Ignorant:

1. Do you call to make an appointment for large tattoos like Ron's ? Depends on the shop. Since it was on a weekday, an appointment may not have been needed.

2. If so, when you make the appointment, do you discuss the design and where, on your body, it will be placed ? I only had an appointment for one of my tattoos. We did discuss what I wanted and where, but it's because the tattoo artist drew mine for me. Again, probably depends on the shop/artist.

3. If/when you make the appointment, does the parlor caution you about not drinking before hand ? Do they recommend you take something, legal and in advance, for the discomfort ?I've never heard of someone being advised to take anything for pain in advance of a tattoo. This is just my experience. In GA and SC (not sure about FL) you have to sign a waiver stating that you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

4. If/when you make the appointment, would they caution you to wear shorts if you are planning to have your legs tattooed ?Nah. Roll the pants leg up. In fact, once it's covered, you wouldn't even need to do that.

5. Does Ron have other tattoos ? Are they large ?Dunno, sorry.

6. Finally, I don't think the tattoo of Hayleigh is very nice - is it only partially done ?
I think it looks horrible. Sometimes they look better after they heal. IMO, that's not the case here. MOST tattoos need to be touched up once they are healed.

My answers are in red. HTH. I'm no authority, but I have 8 (yes, EIGHT :crazy:) tattoos. Married to the Army, I've been around it plenty.

WELCOME,

Does anyone know can a tattoo artist do a picture freehand from a photo?
Do they make an ink copy first??? When I watch tatoo on TV, they put
a copy on first and work around it???

There are freehand artists, but I think even they use a Bic pen to sketch the tattoo on the person before they do any tattooing. (think Corey on LA Ink :))

1. Do you call to make an appointment for large tattoos like Ron's ?

2. If so, when you make the appointment, do you discuss the design and where, on your body, it will be placed ?

3. If/when you make the appointment, does the parlor caution you about not drinking before hand ? Do they recommend you take something, legal and in advance, for the discomfort ?

4. If/when you make the appointment, would they caution you to wear shorts if you are planning to have your legs tattooed ?

5. Does Ron have other tattoos ? Are they large ?

6. Finally, I don't think the tattoo of Hayleigh is very nice - is it only partially done ?
LOL, a very, very close relative owns two Tattoo Shops here in SoCalifornia and I could answer these but won't :) He takes no one off the street and inks only by appointment.

He by the way is a walking 'Billboard' and 'PinCushion' and makes a very good living and lives well.

LOL, a very, very close relative owns two Tattoo Shops here in SoCalifornia and I could answer these but won't :) He takes no one off the street and inks only by appointment.
He by the way is a walking 'Billboard' and 'PinCushion' and makes a very good living and lives well.

'Cause it's SOCAL, baby. :D :blowkiss:

My answers are in red. HTH. I'm no authority, but I have 8 (yes, EIGHT :crazy:) tattoos. Married to the Army, I've been around it plenty.

Wow! EmMomma 8 that is cool...

This has no bearing on anything, but i do like the lettering of the Haleigh tattoo on her dad's back, it is a pretty script.

I remain most curious about the trip to Pinellas Park for the tattoo. It is hours away from his home. I drive through Pinellas Park on my commute. While there may be some nice enclaves tucked into this town, it is renowned for narcotics busts and there are bars and tattoo shops galore. It does not make sense to me that Ron would make this long trip to a shady community purely because of the artist. Sorry, this continues to bother me.

I remain most curious about the trip to Pinellas Park for the tattoo. It is hours away from his home. I drive through Pinellas Park on my commute. While there may be some nice enclaves tucked into this town, it is renowned for narcotics busts and there are bars and tattoo shops galore. It does not make sense to me that Ron would make this long trip to a shady community purely because of the artist. Sorry, this continues to bother me.

Could be as easy as he didnt have a chioce. Its possible the couple that paid for it picked the place because they were regular customers there.

Me, too. I've trying forever to find out how Ron was notified about the tattoo donations. I really thinks this could be important.

I figure there was also the less likelihood of being recognized as he went into a pawn shop for Misty's "heirloom" ring.

I have 44 tattoos (yes, that's forty-four!) and I consider myself a tattoo connoisseur so I believe I can answer these questions based on my own experience spanning a period of about 10 years (and counting).

1. Do you call to make an appointment for large tattoos like Ron's ? For a portrait type tattoo that large, with that much detail and shading, most artists would require an appointment and many require a meeting prior to the tattoo to plan out exactly what the customer wants (black and grey fine line, color, etc). Optimal placement on the body would be planned out. Due to the contours of a person's body, certain places would not be the best location for such a detailed tatt. Most accomplished artists strive to place tattoos where the contours of the body part compliment/enhance the art. Depending on the artist, this planning period can be short or long.

2. If so, when you make the appointment, do you discuss the design and where, on your body, it will be placed ? When you make the appointment, you go in and show the artist the design you want. In the case of a portrait, planning is so important. The artist may ask you to come back in "X" number of days to look at a sketch s/he made and to see if it meets your requirements for your custom tattoo.

3. If/when you make the appointment, does the parlor caution you about not drinking before hand ? Do they recommend you take something, legal and in advance, for the discomfort ? My artist refuses to tattoo anyone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. the most precious thing an artist has is his/her reputation. A legitimate artist would not want to do anything to jeopardize his/her reputation in the field by giving a tattoo to someone who doesn't remember how badly they wanted it at the time, or who don't remember how to do the aftercare. There's so much that could go wrong with giving a tattoo to an impaired person, plus, in the field of tattooing, artists are a lot of times looked down upon as unethical for tattooing someone who is not able to make sound decisions due to impairment. Also, when you're going in to get a tattoo, don't take asprin beforehand because it could cause you to bleed more, which leads to scabs. When scabs flake or fall off, they sometimes (a lot of times) pull some of the ink out and you'll have unevenly colored or sloppy looking detail.

4. If/when you make the appointment, would they caution you to wear shorts if you are planning to have your legs tattooed ? I have a lot of tattoos on my legs and I have never been asked to wear shorts. I do because it's more comfortable for me.

5. Does Ron have other tattoos ? Are they large ? I don't know the answer to this question.

6. Finally, I don't think the tattoo of Hayleigh is very nice - is it only partially done ? The tattoo seemed to be distorted by the way it's wrapped. My artist wraps mine in saran wrap, to keep the wet ink and blood off clothing and other things. Portraits of people, especially of loved ones, are very, very hard to get just right. I have seen very few portraits of people done accurately. Even the best I've seen (outside of magazines), look nothing like the person it's supposed to memorialize.

Maybe he had gotten tattoos in that shop earlier. Or the donation of a tattoo was originated by the shop because they wanted the publicity.

You can see some of his other tattoos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uND4ogbsKD4&feature=channel_page

and a glimpse of Haleigh tattoo without the cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRGQbtQrJpc&NR=1

He may have gotten tattoos there earlier. However, IIRC, the owner of the shop stated that the tattoos had been donated by "long-time" customers. I'm still trying to figure out how RC knew about that donation. Maybe the shop owner called him ? Maybe - but maybe an intermediary did. The idea of an intermediary directing him all the way to Pinella Park is what continues to bug me.

Edited to add: I was hoping the Haleigh tat would improve with time. She's such a pretty little girl. IMO, this is not at all a good likeness.

OMG - We HAVE seen him before. Do I even need to ask...why would someone put their mug shot on their myspace page? I swear this case gets weirder by the day. There are no words...

I think that I missed something... who has their mug shot on their Myspace page? Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back