compare the parent's statements to media here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10/18/2011 – Extra Footage from MK’s interview with parents.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/1...ina-is-wealthy-benefactor-picking-up-the-tab/
MK: “Why haven’t you gotten a lawyer yet? Why are you talking to the police?”
DB: “We don’t need a lawyer. We don’t need one.”
MK: “Aren’t you worried that they’re going to come after you?”
DB: “It’s a possibility, yeah, it’s scary. Um, but, we haven’t got one, up until now because we felt like we didn’t need one. We’ve talked to different people, and stuff like that, but we haven’t retained anybody.”
MK: “Why didn’t you hire a lawyer or go get a lawyer at the moment the police said to you, ‘We think you did it?’”
DB: “Because I thought that that’s part of the investigation. They’re always going to look at the closest family, the people that live there, it, it’s part of the process. I see it on TV. I figured they’re gonna do it and then they’re gonna be done with it and that’s it. So, I, you know, didn’t think I needed one.”
(Video is from 10/18, but I believe it was filmed on 10/16, and I think 10/17 was the day that Tacopina made his grand entrance.)

I thought he said he woke up Deborah AFTER he checked Lisa's and the boys' rooms. So the sequence of events would be the same, he is just telling it different than she is.

But there's also the version, where he woke up DB and asked her about the lights, and that was when he realized that something was wrong, and checked Lisa's room. The sequence is the same in some versions, completely backwards in others.

One thing that is interesting is in one interview they say that they could not make calls on the cell phones because they hadn't paid the bill but they could still receive calls.
Then in the search warrants we heard that JI said that he was supposed to come home around 10 pm but had to work late but couldn't call DB because the cell phones were turned off. Which was it?

Both, I think. If their carrier turned the phones off, what good would it do to call her if she couldn't answer and talk to him? (I take it as the carrier turned off the phones, not that Deborah did.)
Even if their carrier allowed incoming calls, does that mean you can answer and talk to the caller, even if your service has been disconnected? We have AT&T and when our phones were shut off, we couldn't make calls or receive them. As soon as they turned them back on, all the missed calls, outgoing and incoming showed up on the phones. Seems kind of pointless to me for your carrier to disconnect your service and still allow you to talk to someone who's calling your phone, if that's the case. That's like cutting off your electricity but still allowing you to use the lights but not the appliances.

10/19/2011 – Today Show
(No new footage).
Peter Alexander: “When’s the last time you saw your daughter?”
DB: “When I put her to bed that night.”
PA: “What time?”
DB: “6:40. I looked at the clock and she had been in bed.”
PA: “It’s hard to watch that isn’t it? [referring to home videos of Lisa.] She’s adorable.”
DB: “It making me feel good, but it makes me overwhelmed at the same time, because I don’t know if I’ll ever have more than those memories. It’s a scary thought.”
JI: “Yeah, it’s, it’s hard. But that’s her. There she is. That’s how she always was. Happy and talking to everybody.”

(For those that were asking, this also the video where PA says that LE does have the computer hard drives from their home.)

I know I'm missing a few, so send me links, or put them in the media thread so I can finish up after I go in to work for a couple hours. I hope the transcripts make it a little easier for people to form decisions, or at least make it clear what was said by the parents, and what was said by a reporter.

It is very enlightening to go back and read the transcripts of what was actually said and follow the progression of the story in the parents' statements, imo.

A lot of inconsistencies (not little insignficant ones) that stand out as red flags, imo. Also, a lot of selective memory on Debbi's part, imo. ALL JMO.

What really happened that day and that night? I hope that Lisa is found soon and that we learn the truth.

10/18/2011 – Extra Footage from MK’s interview with parents.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/1...ina-is-wealthy-benefactor-picking-up-the-tab/
MK: “Why haven’t you gotten a lawyer yet? Why are you talking to the police?”
DB: “We don’t need a lawyer. We don’t need one.”

MK: “Aren’t you worried that they’re going to come after you?”
DB: “It’s a possibility, yeah, it’s scary. Um, but, we haven’t got one, up until now because we felt like we didn’t need one. We’ve talked to different people, and stuff like that, but we haven’t retained anybody.”
MK: “Why didn’t you hire a lawyer or go get a lawyer at the moment the police said to you, ‘We think you did it?’”
DB: “Because I thought that that’s part of the investigation. They’re always going to look at the closest family, the people that live there, it, it’s part of the process. I see it on TV. I figured they’re gonna do it and then they’re gonna be done with it and that’s it. So, I, you know, didn’t think I needed one.”
(Video is from 10/18, but I believe it was filmed on 10/16, and I think 10/17 was the day that Tacopina made his grand entrance.)

First of all, Thank you so MUCH for this. I've wanted to do this since the first few days when I realized; it wasn't just the media!! (Personally helped me know I'm NOT crazy!) I know this takes quite a bit of work and I appreciate the legwork.

I also wanted to tell you that I do believe that Tacopina stated he had been talking with them for a week in his press conference. (Estimate at least 7 days which would be the 10th or earlier!) However, it contradicts her story. They were talking to Tacopina right away. His words!

October 17, 2011
"Tacopina said he had been in contact with the family for more than a week."

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-to-hold-230-pm-news-conference#ixzz1bi0aMQ7y

One of the things that seems to be a "known fact" is that Debbie changed her story about checking on Lisa before she went to bed. I have never actually heard Debbie say to any reporter or interviewer that she checked on Lisa before she went to bed. We, of course, have all heard her say that she doesn't remember if she did or not.

The point is that a lot of people use this as a strike against Debbie (to prove that she is a liar). Does anyone actually have confirmation of Debbie saying "I checked on her before I went to bed?"

Thanks in advance!

First of all, Thank you so MUCH for this. I've wanted to do this since the first few days when I realized; it wasn't just the media!! (Personally helped me know I'm NOT crazy!) I know this takes quite a bit of work and I appreciate the legwork.

I also wanted to tell you that I do believe that Tacopina stated he had been talking with them for a week in his press conference. (Estimate at least 7 days which would be the 10th or earlier!) However, it contradicts her story. They were talking to Tacopina right away. His words!

October 17, 2011
"Tacopina said he had been in contact with the family for more than a week."

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-to-hold-230-pm-news-conference#ixzz1bi0aMQ7y

"Being in contact" with someone is completely different than them retaining you as an attorney. That could mean that his office called the family to offer help. It could even mean that he was offering them advice. But not until it is "official" will an attorney call someone his client.

So, that is not proof of a lie.

10/19/2011 – Today Show
(No new footage).
Peter Alexander: “When’s the last time you saw your daughter?”
DB: “When I put her to bed that night.”
PA: “What time?”
DB: “6:40. I looked at the clock and she had been in bed.”PA: “It’s hard to watch that isn’t it? [referring to home videos of Lisa.] She’s adorable.”
DB: “It making me feel good, but it makes me overwhelmed at the same time, because I don’t know if I’ll ever have more than those memories. It’s a scary thought.”
JI: “Yeah, it’s, it’s hard. But that’s her. There she is. That’s how she always was. Happy and talking to everybody.”

(For those that were asking, this also the video where PA says that LE does have the computer hard drives from their home.)

BBM
She looked at the clock and she HAD BEEN in bed. Was Lisa in bed before 6:40? "had been" sounds prior to, to me.

Just pointing out the past tense on the "was" by dad.

One of the things that seems to be a "known fact" is that Debbie changed her story about checking on Lisa before she went to bed. I have never actually heard Debbie say to any reporter or interviewer that she checked on Lisa before she went to bed. We, of course, have all heard her say that she doesn't remember if she did or not.

The point is that a lot of people use this as a strike against Debbie (to prove that she is a liar). Does anyone actually have confirmation of Debbie saying "I checked on her before I went to bed?"

Thanks in advance!

Reporter: “So, so, so, Debbie, try and take us back to the last time you saw Lisa. You put her, you checked in on her around 10:30 Monday night?”

DB: “Um, Yeah. Between the time she went to bed and the time I went to bed, and uh, I gave her her bottle, I, I, I put her to sleep, and uh, that was the last time we seen her.”
Post 21, this thread. (link is in that post.)

not_my_kids,

thank you so much for the transcriptions - very much needed and appreciated!!!

:great::yourock::tyou:

:bump:

ditto! :woot:

respectfully snipped for space...

10/17/2011 – Dan Abrahams GMA interview
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-baby-lisas-parents-microscope-14752251

DA: “You said that what you have been told has been lies, what do you mean by that?”
DB: “During interrogation, ‘We found this.’ They showed me burnt clothes, they showed me a f, a doppler thing with pings from a, that my cell phones and, um, I’m led to believe at this point that none of that was real. I hope the burnt clothes weren’t real. “
DA: “So as time passes and you feel like you’re cooperating and communicating with them, you’re getting, what, fed up, with the fact that they’re continuing to…”
DB: “Yeah.”

Now, if you were Dan Abrams - would you NOT ask her IF those clothes were Lisa's??????? :waitasec: from her later statement (2nd bold) sounds like they might have been - 'cause she HOPES they were not real...

BBM
She looked at the clock and she HAD BEEN in bed. Was Lisa in bed before 6:40? "had been" sounds prior to, to me.

Just pointing out the past tense on the "was" by dad.

Yes, I thought this sentence sounded "funny", as in weird, not HaHa! Also, I too noticed the 'was' in dad's sentence! Mom seems to keep it in the present tense - at least from I've read.

P.S. How come everytime I post on a thread, everyone disappears?? :waitasec: :(

:eek:fftobed: not exactly off to bed... but to find another thread to read! LOL!

Reporter: “So, so, so, Debbie, try and take us back to the last time you saw Lisa. You put her, you checked in on her around 10:30 Monday night?”

DB: “Um, Yeah. Between the time she went to bed and the time I went to bed, and uh, I gave her her bottle, I, I, I put her to sleep, and uh, that was the last time we seen her.” Post 21, this thread. (link is in that post.)

Who's we? Debbie and......

As far as some of the odd wording in sentences and just out there statements, feel free to post a revision if you find a spot where I transcribed wrong. I'm certainly not perfect, but I do try very hard to get the wording right. Some of the videos, I had to listen to over and over, in order to hear (mostly because DB likes to talk over people) and there are places where I may have heard wrong or typed wrong.

DB: “Um, Yeah. Between the time she went to bed and the time I went to bed, and uh, I gave her her bottle, I, I, I put her to sleep, and uh, that was the last time we seen her
Post 21, this thread. (link is in that post.)

We! I know. I'm probably nitpicking, but who is "We"!?? ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back