Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents of Sandy Hook shooting victims place blame on shooter's mother

Published: Friday, March 22, 2013

By Mary E. O’Leary
moleary@nhregister.com
@nhrmoleary at Twitter

Alissa Parker, mother of one of the murdered children at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, told CBS This Morning that the killer’s mother “has a lot of accountability” in the tragedy.

“I don’t understand what she saw and what she didn’t, and looking from the outside in it’s hard to not think there were things she could have done. But I’m not in her place. I don’t understand their dynamics and their situation, and so I’m never going to understand that,” Parker told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that was broadcast Friday morning.

Asked specifically however, if Nancy Lanza, mother of the killer, Adam Lanza, was accountable for the slayings, Parker said without hesitation, “Oh, I think she has a lot of accountability.”

Read more: http://saratogian.com/articles/2013/03/22/news/doc514ca14d3eff3501192484.txt?viewmode=fullstory

March 21, 2013, 9:30 p.m. ET

Sandy Hook Investigation Details Due

By JOSEPH DE AVILA

Connecticut's chief state's attorney by March 29 will release new information regarding the investigation of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Thursday.

NY-CF927_MALLOY_G_20130321190429.jpg

The move comes after a string of recent articles based on leaks detailed the gunman's planning before the attacks.

"Like many others, I was disappointed and angered to learn that certain information about the Newtown shooting had been leaked," Mr. Malloy said in a news release, referring specifically to concerns for the feelings of victims' families.

On Monday, the New York Daily News reported that investigators found a seven- by four-foot spreadsheet that belonged to Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza that contained extensive research about mass murders. The account was said to be based on information from an unnamed law-enforcement officer who attended a police conference last week in New Orleans, where Col. Danny Stebbins of the Connecticut State Police spoke about the investigation.

Mr. Malloy said he contacted the office of the chief state's attorney Thursday and asked that additional information on the investigation be released. What new details will be included will be determined by the state's attorney and other law-enforcement authorities, he said.

-----

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324103504578374871114322926.html

Malloy's Newtown panel to tackle mental health

Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 10:34 am

HARTFORD (AP) — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's advisory panel that's reviewing the Newtown school shooting is turning its focus to mental health.

The Sandy Hook Advisory Commission is scheduled to hear Friday from experts on issues related to mental health care, public awareness and discrimination.

Read more: http://www.thehour.com/wilton_villa...cle_976f5340-92fd-11e2-b65e-001a4bcf6878.html

More information on Newtown shootings expected by end of March

Published: Thursday, March 21, 2013
By Mary E. O’Leary
moleary@nhregister.com / Twitter: @nhrmoleary

HARTFORD — The Chief State’s Attorney’s Office will release more information and an update on the Newtown shootings by March 29 at the request of Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, as lawmakers continue to report they are making progress on the details of a gun control bill.

A court order sealing the search warrants related to the Dec. 14 murders at the Sandy Hook Elementary School expires Wednesday and it is not known if the state will ask that it be continued.

Read more: http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/03/21/news/doc514ba53681332462024217.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Robbie Parker, who was among the first of the victims' parents to publicly discuss the shooting, said he and his wife wanted to meet with Peter Lanza because he was the only person who could answer their questions.

"Adam's gone and his mother's gone, and those are the two people that could give us the most information to the questions that all of us have," he said.

--------

Alissa Parker said she believes Nancy Lanza bears some accountability for what happened. The Bushmaster rifle used in the school shootings belonged to Nancy Lanza.

Asked whether she forgives Adam Lanza, Allisa Parker said it's not her burden to bear.

"I do hold him accountable, but I feel like God will determine that," she said. "And I feel like he's in a place where the judgment will happen, and I don't have to. I don't have to judge him, and I'm at peace with that."

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/03/23/news/doc514b1318c3075386869310.txt?viewmode=fullstory

How did NL not know about things like this ... and where did he print this out or did he have a special printer. 500 people on the spreadsheet. Was it taped on his wall in the basement?

As far as I can tell, he didn't print it. It was on his computer. Police needed a special printer to print it.

Expert: Banning violent video games would do little to avert the next mass murder

Tempting to point fingers while ignoring the real root causes of violence

By James Alan Fox / FOR THE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:01 AM
Updated: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 12:01 AM

Expert says violent video games like Call of Duty: Black Ops II aren't the root cause for mass murders.

Reports that Adam Lanza was deeply immersed in violent video games have prompted questions about whether gamesmanship instilled in him the will and the skill to commit mass murder. This has given new and powerful ammunition to those who look to blame the gaming industry for Sandy Hook and similar atrocities.

It is not surprising that most schoolyard shooters and many adult mass murderers had played violent video games in their spare time. Violent people are often attracted to violent entertainment — on TV, in film or through game consoles. But the ability to document a causal link — that consuming violent entertainment leads to violent behavior — has eluded social scientists for years.

Preoccupation with video games, although hardly healthy, is more a symptom of personal problems than a cause of them. For Lanza, it was his social awkwardness and reclusiveness that impacted both his spending long hours playing games and his desire to strike back against a society that he perceived as unwelcoming.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ustry-mass-shootings-expert-article-1.1297539

As far as I can tell, he didn't print it. It was on his computer. Police needed a special printer to print it.

Oh, you could be right, it is worded vaguely and I think it was LE who needed the printer. I think you'd have to be a bit OCD to stick with some table that large on the computer. They likened it to a thesis, but I think it was just dogged data entering. He must have been really motivated to do it - it sounds god awful tedious to me. I think there is such a thing as having TOO many data points.

James Mattioli would have turned 7 on March 22.

His family said he loved baseball, basketball, swimming arm wrestling and playing on his iPad. He wore shorts and T-shirts in any weather and spiked his hair. He would sing at the top of his lungs and ask when he would be old enough to sing on stage.

James loved to dive off the diving board at Treadwell Pool, swim like a fish and ride his bike while outside, enjoying the fresh air.

"He loved hamburgers with ketchup, his Dad's egg omelets with bacon, and his Mom's french toast. He often asked to stop at Subway for dinner for a ham sandwich, and wanted to know how old he needed to be to order a `footlong' sandwich. James was an early-riser, always the first to wake the family up, ready to start the day and get dressed.

He loved to `cuddle' on the couch at the end of the day with his Mom grabbing his pillow and brown fleece blanket. He adored spending time with his Dad doing yard work, walking at Fairfield Hills and watching him grill burgers on the deck.

If Dad was outside, James wanted to be right there with him. Their love of one another was one of a kind and James was his Dad's mini look-a-like."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...irst-to-wake-family-4122860.php#ixzz2OZOctThD

Oh, you could be right, it is worded vaguely and I think it was LE who needed the printer. I think you'd have to be a bit OCD to stick with some table that large on the computer. They likened it to a thesis, but I think it was just dogged data entering. He must have been really motivated to do it - it sounds god awful tedious to me. I think there is such a thing as having TOO many data points.

Well he sure had lots of free time on his hands, considering that for the last two years, it appears he was mostly sitting in his basement.

lol.... :rolleyes:

---------

Cafero: We've been told nothing new on Lanza

Ken Dixon, Published 11:09 am, Monday, March 25, 2013

HARTFORD -- House and Senate leaders who were briefed Friday by prosecutors directing the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting investigation learned no new information, one of the lawmakers said this morning.

Legislative leaders have complained that they are in the dark on the probe, even as news organizations have reported details about gunman Adam Lanza's murder of 26 children and educators. But there was no fresh information from Chief State's Attorney Kevin T. Kane or Danbury State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III, a top GOP lawmaker said.

"There's nothing he told us that we didn't already know," House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, said this morning.

Sedensky has until Wednesday to decide whether to continue sealing the active warrants; release the warrants for public consumption; or approve a partial release, Cafero noted.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/newtownshooti...ve-been-told-nothing-new-on-Lanza-4382104.php

NBC Nightly News this evening had a story about the gun debates- in passing they mentioned that the NRA is currently making robo-calls urging the defeat of any new legislation, and included as one of the targets is the area in CT where the shootings took place. They played the recording on the news segment, it sounds like the usual 'they are coming to take away guns' stuff. I hope to God none of the parents of the victims are getting this garbage.

We can all disagree on some issues but I found this pretty disturbing. It's like they are deliberately sticking their thumb in everyone's eye. Disgraceful...

Well he sure had lots of free time on his hands, considering that for the last two years, it appears he was mostly sitting in his basement.

I think he was mostly isolated, sitting in the basement, the past 4 years?

Interesting he became isolated when his mother severed contact with her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose