Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people of Newtown already "voiced" their opinion of this by the memorials.

EVERY memorial that I've seen is only for 26. 26 Xmas trees, 26 angels, 26 crosses, etc.

NL was the 27th victim - but, it seems, the people closest to this don't believe it.

JMHO

This initially bothered me.
But after all the information that has come out it doesn't anymore.

It is even possible she would have been charged with a crime for freely allowing him access to weapons.
That may be part of the reason he killed her, to prevent her from taking the fall for him.

I can totally understand why people in Newtown don't see her as a victim. I wouldn't either. :twocents:

Since she was shot in the head as she slept, I definitely still see Nancy as a victim.

While I cannot fathom why she would have all of those guns, I don't know the circumstances and am not going to damn her for it. Perhaps they were the only way she could get her son to leave the house or interact with her and she wrongfully thought it was a good thing. We just don't know.

Such a horrible story. I feel bad for everyone.

It is even possible she would have been charged with a crime for freely allowing him access to weapons.
That may be part of the reason he killed her, to prevent her from taking the fall for him.

I can totally understand why people in Newtown don't see her as a victim. I wouldn't either. :twocents:
BBM

In that case, he loved her to death, literally speaking... :facepalm:

I wonder if that Sikh who seems to be promoting his firearm training sessions is the same guy who recently filed a lawsuit against California:

"claiming that the state's proposed ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines would prevent him from fully practicing his faith. "I am just going by the Sikh religion and what Sikhs are mandated to do," Gursant Singh Khalsa said. "We have an obligation to defend those who can't defend themselves."

However, Yuba City Sikh Temple director Tejinder Dosanjah spoke against Khalsa, arguing that while everyone has a right to protect themselves, interpreting scripture for one’s personal benefit is not right. "He should not involve the Sikh faith directly or indirectly into this lawsuit," Dosanjah said.

Here: http://now.msn.com/gursant-singh-khalsa-sikh-man-says-assault-weapons-ban-interferes-with-religion

And This Article ...

http://fox40.com/2013/03/14/sikh-man-wants-legal-access-to-assault-weapons/#ixzz2OsGnGfH8

Sikh Man Wants Legal Access To Assault Weapons, Cites Religious Freedom
FOX40 / Sacramento Stockton Modesto
03/14/13
by Lonnie Wong
Reporter

YUBA CITY-

"A Sikh man in Yuba City has filed a federal lawsuit asking that California make an exception to purchasing illegal assault weapons, based on religious grounds.

Gursant Singh Khalsa has been a practicing Sikh for more than 30 years. When he moved to Yuba City from New Mexico recently, he took note of how restrictive California’s gun laws are."

"“I feel that modern weapons like the assault rifle or the semi-automatic pistols that have magazines with ten or rounds would be essential in today’s society in order to defend ourselves,” said Khalsa.

Both items are banned under California’s weapons laws."

I can only wonder if Nancy Lanza had become delusional about the depth of her son's profound mental illness. No sound thinking person could attribute his behavior to any level of autism. And a library full of self-help books couldn't touch his pathology.

Did she allow the arsenal of weapons and ammo to lie in plain sight to prove to herself that he wasn't as dangerous as he clearly was?

IMHO, this goes way beyond any form of denial or willful ignorance I've ever heard of.

I think it's very unlikely she would have been charged-have you ever heard of a parent in a mass murder case being charged for allowing their child to have a weapon? And I believe it's even more unlikely that that was his motivation for killing her.

I can only wonder if Nancy Lanza had become delusional about the depth of her son's profound mental illness. No sound thinking person could attribute his behavior to any level of autism. And a library full of self-help books couldn't touch his pathology.

Did she allow the arsenal of weapons and ammo to lie in plain sight to prove to herself that he wasn't as dangerous as he clearly was?

IMHO, this goes way beyond any form of denial or willful ignorance I've ever heard of.

I have nothing to base this on but I wonder if he wasn't totally terrorizing her, having tantrums, etc. to make her buy him what he wanted? I'm positive he was extremely immature emotionally.

I think it's very unlikely she would have been charged-have you ever heard of a parent in a mass murder case being charged for allowing their child to have a weapon? And I believe it's even more unlikely that that was his motivation for killing her.

I can't think of another case where the killer had a gun safe in their bedroom and guns provided to them by their mother.
This guy didn't steal Mommy's guns, Mommy bought him his very own arsenal.
If there's another case like that, I don't recall it. :twocents:

I have nothing to base this on but I wonder if he wasn't totally terrorizing her, having tantrums, etc. to make her buy him what he wanted? I'm positive he was extremely immature emotionally.

snippet bbm

The link below is a video of Dr. Drew on Erin Burnett's show. He says denial.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/crime/2013/03/28/erin-drew-lanza-mother-relationship.cnn

But maybe fear of him motivated her to keep him "calm." I must admit that this new info is making it even harder for me to wrap my mind around the whole situation.

I think it's very unlikely she would have been charged-have you ever heard of a parent in a mass murder case being charged for allowing their child to have a weapon?
There is allowing a child to have a weapon .. and then ... THERE IS ALLOWING A CHILD TO HAVE A WEAPON, as she did..

... moot point anyhow, as Nancy is not around any longer ...

And I believe it's even more unlikely that that was his motivation for killing her.
Yes .. probably it is unlikely ...

But in any case, I'll add to what i said previously:

He either loved her, "to death", basically...

Or hated her ... and that hate was accumulating in him FOR YEARS...

I have nothing to base this on but I wonder if he wasn't totally terrorizing her, having tantrums, etc. to make her buy him what he wanted?
... and money wasn't an object anyhow ... Peter would provide more ... next month .. next year .. or per divorce agreement ...

Wasn't it reported not too long ago that there is some most recent photo of Adam Lanza (maybe from a year or two ago) posing with some guns?

I would not mind seeing that photo.

-----------

The link below is a video of Dr. Drew on Erin Burnett's show. He says denial.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/crime/2013/03/28/erin-drew-lanza-mother-relationship.cnn

But maybe fear of him motivated her to keep him "calm." I must admit that this new info is making it even harder for me to wrap my mind around the whole situation.
BBM

Imagine the "truthers" then ... and what kind of "field day" they are going to have now, more likely, with all this... :facepalm:

There also was a “Sandy Hook report card Adam Lanza,” suggesting that the 20-year old had remained fixated on his elementary school long after leaving it.

“The school was Adam Lanza’s life,” a witness is quoted saying.

Among the newer items found during the search was “one digital image print of a child and various firearms.”

There was a “handwritten note pad with what appear to be to-do lists for Nancy Lanza for December 14 though December 20.” December 14 was the morning her son shot her in the head.

Read more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...leased-about-contents-of-the-lanza-house.html

Among other items police officers found were seven journals written by Adam Lanza, along with several of his drawings. The contents of the journals and the nature of the drawings were not disclosed.

Read more: Adam Lanza search warrant: a peek into the mind of Newtown shooter - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22896603/adam-lanza-search-warrant-peek-into-mind-newtown
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Motive remains unclear in Newtown school shooting

Originally published: March 29, 2013 2:27 AM
Updated: March 29, 2013 2:40 AM
By The Associated Press JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN (Associated Press)

Lanza left behind journals, which state police turned over to the FBI for analysis, but if investigators have any ideas about his motive, they aren't saying.

"Why is the big unanswered question," said Nicole Hockley, whose son Dylan was among the children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School. "So I have to come to grips with the fact that I might never know why he did what he did. But knowing how he did it and what we could do to prevent someone else doing that, those are valuable lessons that we can learn."

Warrants released Thursday provide the most insight to date on the world of the 20-year-old gunman, a recluse who played violent video games in the Newtown home where he lived with his mother.

Sedensky, the prosecutor overseeing the investigation, said Connecticut State Police, Newtown police and other state and federal agencies are still compiling reports and statements from witnesses and testing physical and digital evidence.

"No conclusions have been reached and no final determinations have been made," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/motive-remains-unclear-in-newtown-school-shooting-1.4933843

Father of Newtown victim says Lanza documents support case for gun control reform

Published: Friday, March 29, 2013

By MARK ZARETSKY
New Haven Register

NEWTOWN, Conn. - Just over three months after Adam Lanza killed Mark and Jackie Barden’s 7-year-old son, Daniel, 19 other first-graders and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mark Barden saw enough in the warrants unsealed Thursday to reinforce his primary mission.

“That this guy in less than five minutes was able to shoot off 154 rounds” is reason enough to ban high-capacity magazines, Barden said of Lanza, who in a few minutes on Dec. 14, 2012, unleashed one of history’s worst school massacres.

If a gun owner can’t hit what they need to with a 10-round clip, they probably shouldn’t be shooting, Barden said.

“I cannot fathom a valid argument for the existence of 30-round magazines, and ... the evidence” contained in the warrants “certainly supports it,” said Barden, a professional musician — a guitar player — who lives in Sandy Hook.

Read more: http://dailyfreeman.com/articles/20...480c-ba51-440f2a71b26b.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back