Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone is setting up phony fb and twitter accts under RL. If you look at the fb the friends and hometown where entered on the recent activity. I'm thinking today. He keeps responding that he's alive. I find no humor in this.

Of all the low things... do people have nothing better to do with themselves????

so there are 3 crime scenes now.....father at his home, mother at her home, and school?

I think there are just 2 that is known so far, according to the state police: a home (reported as being someone whom the shooter lived with) and the school.

So Ryan Lanza was handcuffed and taken in for questioning. They stressed he was not under arrest. But then why handcuff him? Anyone know the reasoning behind this?

ABC2 Reporting:

Older brother, Ryan 24 yo, was picked up in Hoboken, NJ. Not under arrest though handcuffed. Showing footage of Ryan in Hoboken, NJ.

ABC Correcting, shooter is Adam, 20 yo, dead at scene in CT.

Quick Reference Guide for anyone confused.

Peter Lanza- Father. Unknown.
Nancy Lanza- Mother. Teacher at the school. Confirmed dead at the school.
Ryan Lanza- 24 year old son. In police custody being questioned, not being called a suspect at this time.
Adam Lanza- 20 year old shooter. Confirmed dead at the school (unknown if self-inflicted)

There is also 1 adult male found deceased at home. Some reports have said it's the father, others say it is the other brother (the 3rd of the 3 siblings).

Thank you for trying to clear up confusion! This is the best I can figure out too despite all of the misreporting today. To be fair. . . it sounds that the shooter (Adam) may have been carrying his older brother's ID - thus the shooter is the person who started this whole identity crisis issue (IMO)

I've NEVER seen a case of wildy innaccurate reporting over anything in my life. The whole race to be first has gone beyond any conceivable proportions EVER.

You can't UNNAME someone, and if I see CORRECTION: in one more news feed Im going to scream.

Thoughts and prayers to the familys, school, community and first responders...may God Bless each and every one of you with comfort and healing.

ITA... it's reckless and unacceptable.

Take the additional 45 minutes and confirm your details. We can wait.

Children have been slaughtered. Adults gunned down. Improperly ID'ing murderers is pathetic.

I am awaiting LE confirmation on everything, my head is spinning from the MSN.. to much information that has not been confirmed by the LE coming from them.

The survivors, even though they survived the shooting, will never be the same. They're victims too, just in a different capacity.

No way. When 9-11 happened I was 15 and we watched the whole thing on the news. Any childhood innocence left was gone after that. My bubble of a world was burst and suddenly I realized what evil was and that it was real and no one is immune. I was 15 and 1,000 miles away. These kids...omg...I don't even know I can't begin to comprehend.

I think there are just 2 that is known so far, according to the state police: a home (reported as being someone whom the shooter lived with) and the school.

Yes, two have been reported. The school and a home.

The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime, Patch has learned.

A close friend of Ryan Lanza who would not be identified told Patch that he spoke to Lanza as Lanza made his way home from work to Hoboken.
Lanza also took to his Facebook page to rail against CNN naming him as the suspect in the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

“I’m on the bus home now, it wasn’t me,” Lanza wrote.

Lanza’s mother, Nancy, a school teacher, is believed to be among the dead.

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/reports-of-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school

Quick Reference Guide for anyone confused.

Peter Lanza- Father. Unknown.
Nancy Lanza- Mother. Teacher at the school. Confirmed dead at the school.
Ryan Lanza- 24 year old son. In police custody being questioned, not being called a suspect at this time.
Adam Lanza- 20 year old shooter. Confirmed dead at the school (unknown if self-inflicted)

There is also 1 adult male found deceased at home. Some reports have said it's the father, others say it is the other brother (the 3rd of the 3 siblings).

Thanks. I think our news got caught up and confused. :blushing:

I found out about this while I was at school with my 2nd grader. His class was making cookies for the teacher's son who is stationed in Kuwait. It was loud, chaotic, messy, and all around crazy. I've never heard such beautiful sounds and been so happy to be somewhere in my life.

I don't even know all the details of this yet, but what I have heard is absolutely horrible.

Me too, I was up at the school to do some work- my kids all presumably happy in their rooms. The teachers and staff started talking about it. It is heartbreaking, and very hard not to imagine it happening right there where you stand as you hear something like that.

We buzz people in at our school too, but you don't look for a weapons. you don't expect weapons. You buzz people in, and expect to clarify their needs in the office. If they open fire, you are defenseless to stop them from proceeding to a classroom.

This could have happened anywhere, in any of our schools- even with these protocols in place.

Heart aching.

I'm numb. There is no way I can wrap my mind around how somone can look into the face of a child that young and pull a trigger to end that innocent life so violently. I have custody of my 4 year old granddaughter and can't wait for my work day to be over so I can pick her up and hug her. Focusing on work is out of the question. My heart is breaking for these babies.

No way. When 9-11 happened I was 15 and we watched the whole thing on the news. Any childhood innocence left was gone after that. My bubble of a world was burst and suddenly I realized what evil was and that it was real and no one is immune. I was 15 and 1,000 miles away. These kids...omg...I don't even know I can't begin to comprehend.

Yep, 9/11 changed me too, and I wasn't there, or even close, didn't know any of the victims, etc. These poor children will be forever traumatized by this.

I'm numb. There is no way I can wrap my mind around how somone can look into the face of a child that young and pull a trigger to end that innocent life so violently. I have custody of my 4 year old granddaughter and can't wait for my work day to be over so I can pick her up and hug her. Focusing on work is out of the question. My heart is breaking for these babies.

BBM

18 times, no less. It's incomprehensible.

ABC2 Reporting:

Older brother, Ryan 24 yo, was picked up in Hoboken, NJ. Not under arrest though handcuffed. Showing footage of Ryan in Hoboken, NJ.

ABC Correcting, shooter is Adam, 20 yo, dead at scene in CT.

If A was the shooter and Ryan was in NJ...who was the man in camo in the woods?

I am currently watching CBS live stream,
Could y'all tell me which other stations that are more credible?
Or better reporters?

Great...just got a news alert that a man was arrested with a gun near a local school (East River High School). Apparently he was armed with a shotgun and dressed all in black. No shots fired.

Please, God, no copycats. My heart can't take it.

Looking for link...

I guess we shouldn't really be surprised. But it always shocks me to hear of these lunatics committing such horrible acts. So when another one tries, I don't know why I didn't expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnp625