Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That he could just get from his brother's wallet.
I could get any of my family member's ID if I wanted it bad enough.
But guns and a bulletproof vest? Not so much...

I also will fully admit that I'm terrified of the backlash if the shooter really is developmentally disabled...

What does Ryan Lanza mean that his brother is developmentally disabled?

Lt. Paul Vance, CT State Police:

Establishing ID of victims will be time-consuming.

Victims' families have been assigned a trooper or officer to "let them be first to know" of investigatory progress.

"We brought all our assets in in case they were needed." (Bomb squad, etc.)

Another briefing "just before six o'clock." [EST]

One person suffered an injury and survived.

Not prepared to confirm ID of shooter. "We will identify the shooter at an appropriate time."

"We will leave no stone unturned" in the investigation.

"I don't know the grade (the victims) were in."

"We've been in contact will all the parents" of the victims.

"We've provided counseling for the first responders" as the scene was horrific.

He didn't post publicly at all. Only his friends could see his posts.
Which didn't make a lot of sense to me if you were trying to clear your name.
Another Ryan Lanza made public posts stating it wasn't him. Which makes far more sense to me.

MY question would be how does a developmentally disabled kid get multiple guns and bulletproof vest?

And for a developmentally disabled person, he was a remarkably good shot. Apparently 30 out of 31 shot were fatally injured.

Was there really somebody arrested in the woods near the school or was that story false as well?

I am disgusted by reporters shoving mikes in the faces of shellshocked children who haven't even had time to process this trauma.

IMO, children that young should never be interviewed without their parents' permission, especially in circumstances like this.

I've got NBC on, and as far as I can recall, they never mentioned that there was a body anywhere in NJ, just that they had questioned people from a house in Hoboken.

The other body was/is at a house in CT.

They said there was one in NJ and one in CT. Later they said not in NJ. So crazy.

State Police Lt. is talking now. Takes time to identify the deceased he says. NOT identifying shooter at this time.

I wish they would release the identity and photograph of the shooter to clear that up!

It was reported that they were shot execution style... so yes, it may take DNA to identify some of them.

You would have to be mentally ill to show up at a school to take on some kindergardners wearing a bullet proof vest and take 4 guns. like they could really fight back.

ABC2 Live

State Trooper Spokesperson:

We will NOT confirm the identity of the shooter. There is 1 shooter.

Was there really somebody arrested in the woods near the school or was that story false as well?

That's what I was wondering about. I thought this was the brother in the woods near the school. I'm so confused. The 6 adults were found dead at the SCENE so the others who are dead (brother, father?) are from a secondary scene according to the sheriff in the presser (live right now).

Hearing on my local news that R has said that A is autistic. Again, not sure if this is true but just relaying what I am hearing.

Connecticut Elementary School Shooting: Body Found in Newtown Home Connected to Gunman

In addition to 27 people killed in the Newtown, Conn., elementary school massacre—including 20 children—a body has been found in a home connected to gunman Ryan Lanza.

Though the body has yet to be identified, reports are saying the victim is a relative of Lanza.

http://www.allmediany.com/news/6838...ody-found-in-newtown-home-connected-to-gunman

I don't know if it's about having guns, but some kind of lockdown system in schools. Too often, gates are left open, people free to come and go. I don't care the cost, there hast to be some kind of panic system in our schools and better security.

I can waltz right on to my son's high school without a care. I don't presume to the know the answer or the logistics, but we have to learn to protect our children better from these monsters.

RIP dear children, teachers, and all those effected by this tragedy.

MOO

Mel

My children's elementary school is pretty "OPEN" as well. There are gates around the majority of it, but the front of the school is wide open. I went to drop off school supplies and just out of curiousity waltzed around the school to see how long it would be before someone noticed. I walked through every building, the cafeteria, the playgrounds, etc... for more than 10 minutes and no one noticed. I stopped in the office to speak to the principle and informed her of my "experiment" to which she replied "we require that all vistors check in here first". :furious: I assumed that she was at a total loss for how to respond to a blatant demonstration of their lack of security. We went back and forth for a few minutes, before I was handed a copy of their security policy in the event of an emergency.

Long story short...I totally agree and have made several attempts at board meetings and such to get better security policies implemented at our schools. I hate to see our children taught in a prison like enviornment but I'd def rather them come home everyday!

Connecticut Elementary School Shooting: Body Found in Newtown Home Connected to Gunman

In addition to 27 people killed in the Newtown, Conn., elementary school massacre—including 20 children—a body has been found in a home connected to gunman Ryan Lanza.

Though the body has yet to be identified, reports are saying the victim is a relative of Lanza.

http://www.allmediany.com/news/6838...ody-found-in-newtown-home-connected-to-gunman

But Ryan isn't the gunman... Adam is.
This is why law enforcement needs to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA