Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from article:

Two law enforcement sources said the hard drive had been removed from Lanza's computer and broken in pieces. They said that forensic electronics experts at the FBI will examine the drive in an effort to determine with whom Lanza corresponded electronically and how he otherwise used the device.

No!!!!!!!!! Is there any way it can be repaired??
Yes, I just read an article the other day that said sometimes they can still get the info off a broken up hard drive. :) I think it was on PCWorld.com

Imagine if his mother was a survivor and had the awareness that her son committed these acts using her weapons! If he were my son, I think I would be grateful that he killed me first!

Has anyone found his online footprint? Anything at all? I may have stumbled on something. I am not a gamer... wish I had time to explore it, but I don't. I found a profile on something called "Steam Community" of someone called "Adam Lanza Real Life Bean", and this was posted as a review of a game called Killing Floor:

"was fun till DLC hit rip Dosh FLoors. Leave a comment December 12, 2012 @ 6:03 am. View all 5 games recommended by Adam Lanza, real human bean..."

If I click on the link to this, the profile is now named "Commander Lanza of the Normandy". He has a "friend" on the site who uses the name: "2 cool for skool shooting".

I am not sure what search string I used to first stumble on it, but the search string "was fun till DLC hit" led me to the "Adam Lanza" profile mentioned above. Not sure if it means anything at all.... I hope someone here is familiar with gaming knows what "DLC" means.

Uh, so you think AL was sane and had good reason to do what he did? What are you saying?

Can't speak for Footballmom but I'll say this.. Autism/Aspergers is NOT a mental illness.
And so far we have no evidence that he was violent prior to yesterday.

Clearly something went horribly wrong with him, I'm just saying that all the bashing of his mother for what she did or didn't do with a "mentally ill" son is unfounded.

And while I see no point in owning these types of guns I certianly know people of all walks of life who feel differently.

In my school during lockdowns, if the class you are in does not have a closet, bathroom etc. we are instructed to tip tables over and have children huddle behind them to shield them from the door direction. We have to cover the window in the door, turn out lights, lock the door and slide our bulletin boards to cover the windows....all while encouraging the children that they are safe.

talk to your school, ask what their plan is. It is the law that every school has lock down procedures.

This seems totally unreasonable!!! I can't imagine a teacher doing that (or even having the time to do it) during such an emergency. :(

All while ENCOURAGING the children they are safe. BUT ARE THEY REALLY??? What are schools really doing to protect our children?

Not meant to be directed at you of course, I am just so devastated and sick over all of this. It could have been any one of our kids.

I am feeling so discouraged. My youngest child has special needs and I know our principal well. I know she would assure me that there are lock down procedures. I know they have practiced them as my middle child has told me so. The fact of the matter is, if an event like this were to happen in our school, a shooter would be able to shoot out the glass next to the door and access any room. Our classrooms do not even have any movable bulletin boards. Only white boards on the wall. The students sit at tables with a seat cover on their chair that holds all of their individual supplies. Nothing the principal says could have me believing otherwise, it is just plain fact they could shoot out the glass. Obviously emotions are high and chances of this happening are slim, but I'm very discouraged knowing these things about our elementary schools.

I agree. Whatever else the killer had going on, this was a premeditated attack. Further, he chose to attack unarmed women and children. It's interesting to me that these mass murderers never want a fair fight. They want to have the upper hand and be in complete control, often right down to orchestrating their own demise as the final act in their sick drama. I also find it interesting that more and more, the killers are kitting themselves out, dressing up to play the part of the (video game/movie?) killer. It seems to me that the things these mass killers have in common are: cowardice, angry self-absorption, lack of empathy, need for control, need to inflict fear, need to inflict pain and a desire to kill. Whatever else these people have going on, they are at heart cold-blooded (and cowardly) killers. There are plenty of people with "issues," heck just about everyone has at least one, but the desire to seek out defenseless targets and just start shooting? IMO, that doesn't come from autism or Asperger's or social awkwardness, that comes from some place else entirely. It takes a special kind of monster to massacre a room full of terrified 6-year olds. And I find myself very frustrated at attempts to pawn it off on mental illness or developmental disability.

I have been trying to find a way to say this very thing all day only to delete b/c I knew the way I typed it would offend almost everyone on here. Anyone who kills has some form of mental illness.
Looking at the kids pictures one of the girls looks exactly like a girl in my daughter's 1st grade class. Hearing the dad talk about Emilie always drawing and making cards for people makes me break down. My daughter does the same thing. If she has paper and something to write with and you are in the room with her she will make you something. She does not care if she knows you are not she will still give you something.

My perfectly healthy 15 year old boy and his perfectly healthy friends have played "violent" video games for years. To this day they are all still perfectly healthy both mentally & physically, gifted honor students with high GPA's, winning national championships in their respective sports and competitions, and even attending youth groups & volunteering in our community. (gasp...)

I'm not taking away his video games. He is a boy. He enjoys them. I would NEVER EVER blame a video game or that "rock and roll or rap rubbish" for influencing his mind as to what is acceptable behaviour in this world. It is my job and his job to know the difference between right & wrong, good & evil and fiction & reality.

If a child cannot determine the difference between those things then there is a much larger issue at hand than playing a video game.

JMO

My dd who is 26 now used to play Quake (I think that's the name of it). People would go on different servers and go into these rooms where they would hunt each other down and shoot each other. That was the object of the game. She would hunt down....her father. Seriously. They would both log in and go after each other. Point is, she's a graphic artist, compassionate, and totally distraught over the deaths of these children. Cries if she steps on a bug and kills it.

I agree it's not the games IMO.

Has anyone found his online footprint? Anything at all? I may have stumbled on something. I am not a gamer... wish I had time to explore it, but I don't. I found a profile on something called "Steam Community" of someone called "Adam Lanza Real Life Bean", and this was posted as a review of a game called Killing Floor:

"was fun till DLC hit rip Dosh FLoors. Leave a comment December 12, 2012 @ 6:03 am. View all 5 games recommended by Adam Lanza, real human bean..."

If I click on the link to this, the profile is now named "Commander Lanza of the Normandy". He has a "friend" on the site who uses the name: "2 cool for skool shooting".

I am not sure what search string I used to first stumble on it, but the search string "was fun till DLC hit" led me to the "Adam Lanza" profile mentioned above. Not sure if it means anything at all.... I hope someone here is familiar with gaming knows what "DLC" means.

My husband is a gamer and uses Steam, he also set up an account for me (I just play single player stuff, and nothing with high graphics)

DLC is Down loadable content.

the only DLC that I know is "downloadable content"

I am very curious as to what LE found at the scene that Lt. Vance deemed "very good evidence" as to filling in the pieces. Was it something written? Could it have been a flash drive? LE found something on him that seems to help with the investigation.

Sadly, we might never know what it is.

JMHO

I did see earlier in an article (I will look for link, but if anyone else saw it, it was a two page article and the second page basically had one paragraph on it) and it said that no manifesto had been found. That's not to say he didn't have a journal or a blog or video log where he recorded his thoughts and impulses, though.

Could you see the other 5 games that he recommended?

Soon as I see my DS I'll ask him about this - he's a HUGE gamer - has been for years but yesterday when he came home from work he openly cried when he saw me and I just hugged him.

I don't blame the games. I do believe that if you have a child with red flags, or conditions that the games are probably not a good idea though.

JMHO

Can't speak for Footballmom but I'll say this.. Autism/Aspergers is NOT a mental illness.
And so far we have no evidence that he was violent prior to yesterday.

Clearly something went horribly wrong with him, I'm just saying that all the bashing of his mother for what she did or didn't do with a "mentally ill" son is unfounded.

And while I see no point in owning these types of guns I certianly know people of all walks of life who feel differently.

I believe it was his brother who told LE AL had a mental illness.

This seems totally unreasonable!!! I can't imagine a teacher doing that (or even having the time to do it) during such an emergency. :(

but in todays society it is reality....sad but true!!!!

In kindergarten it is VERY caotic with a million questions.

I've seen a couple of posts tonight referring to news reports that suggest the mom might have been in denial over her son's issues.

Would someone please post a link to these news items? I haven't seen them myself and I would like to.

Thanks.

Thank you, yes I am very aware that personality disorders are often comorbid.

My post was in response to the original posters statement that Aspergers/Autism (as you know are not a personality disorder) are at greater risk of developing Schizophrenia. That was new to me as it was my understanding that they are generally not comorbid and one diagnosis may be a misdiagnosis of the other.

Did that make sense? It is getting late and my ADHD meds have long worn off. ;)

Well, I'll get a tad technical; according to the "bible" (DSM-IV), Asperger's is listed as a childhood disorder. Of course, that insinuates that as the person ages, he/she will be diagnosed differently. Commonly, it will become a schizotypal personality disorder. These can occur with other diagnosis (like OCD which you had mentioned).

Anywho, the disaster and dispair family's face in dealing with a loved one that has mental illness makes me personally refrain from judgement. It is very stressful on all members of the family unit.

By the way, CT has some of the strictest gun control/gun ownership laws in the nation. Courses, permits, gun locks, safes for guns, etc......

No, brother didn't tell LE that AL had a mental illness.

"Lanza's brother Ryan reportedly told police that his sibling had autism or Asperger's syndrome, and a personality disorder."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Adam-Lanza-a-fiercely-intelligent-killer.html

Personality disorder is a form of mental illness. If you want to get into the logistics, when providers bill for a personality disorder the ICD code is a mental nervous code and how insurance companies would pay.

Good sleuthing .. here's what DLC means - Downloadable Content.. http://au.gamespot.com/fight-night-round-4/answers/what-does-dlc-mean-80018/

About INSTITUTIONS: In the 1980's, Reagan signed a bill closing down the large institutions that were publicly funded. I watched with horror as they let these poor souls out, wandering & wondering where their next meal and medication was going to come from. Was it overly optimistic for our government to assume the local community and family's would pick up the gap?

Yes. Many of the previously institutionalized wound up in jail and/or homeless. Very sad.

The mentally ill are stigmatized in our society. No neighborhood's want the group homes for them in their "backyards".

If the family tries to cope, it is often beyond their scope and fractures the family often.

Huh? What bill was that? Who introduced it?

States run institutions and there was a huge push by the ACLU to deinstitutionalize patients because of patient rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila