Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know the connection to the school. There was a connection. Every mass shooting - the coward had a reason for the venue. I won't believe he just went to the school cause it was closest.

I want to know - one way or the other - IF there was an altercation the day before. The way it was said in the presser - words were chosen carefully and the only verification of any altercation was "that there were not reports on file" concerning anything. That doesn't mean "something" didn't happen - just that LE wasn't called.

But an altercation doesn't add in - not with this guy who was akwardly shy; didn't talk much and wouldn't look you in the eye. Not the type, IMO, to take part in ANY type of altercation.

LE found something "on him" that sheds a bunch of light - what was it?

He destroyed his hard drive - what was on there?

Just way too many questions..................

Vicky Soto and the dog that is looking
for and missing his "mama"!

View attachment 28592

Oh, how my heart breaks.... perfect example of how an act of evil can ripple, and ripple, and ripple into the lives of many, many innocent souls. I just can't cry anymore tonight. I HAVE to go to bed... love all of you tons.... you are here because you care, and you need to understand. We typically NEVER understand, but we keep trying. Thank you, each and everyone.

38:00
"They methodically plan... Mass killers never just "snap" it is not spontaneous they fantasize and play it over and over in their mind. They want to kill as many people as possible"

Dan Holmes local landscaper who was friendly with
mom for about 5 years...

He says she would go "target practicing" with her boys

**** he did not say went to a shooting range...
so maybe they did it in the woods?

BBM Nancy would have had to tell him this since he has never met her boys. Why would she tell him that when she obviously, after 5 years of friendship, didn't want him involved in her boys lives?

Could you see the other 5 games that he recommended?

Soon as I see my DS I'll ask him about this - he's a HUGE gamer - has been for years but yesterday when he came home from work he openly cried when he saw me and I just hugged him.

I don't blame the games. I do believe that if you have a child with red flags, or conditions that the games are probably not a good idea though.

JMHO

I know this is not the same, but my DS is 8 years old, he loves his games. mostly cars, helicopters, and anything do with trains.

For the last year or so, he says " I'm going to buy a Lamborghini and a helicopter". He Googles prices for Lamborghini and helicopters and writes the prices down, My sons hates writing and reading, but loves his math.

We stated telling him, son, if you want to buy this stuff, your going to have to really try on the spelling and reading, your going to be in school a long time to afford this stuff. ( Even Googled, how much it cost to get a license to drive a helicopter.)

Playing his games has helped him tremendously with his work. all I am saying is people that play xbox or playstation. it not all bad.

I am really hoping this stage sticks around for a little awhile, keeps him interested in reading and spelling.

He is a boy scout, he does is fair share with guns also. Mostly just BB guns and archery

I've heard horror stories about how the patients were mistreated.

But then again, letting the patients out of the institutions suddenly one day to roam the streets, unmedicated, uncared for has got to be ruthless too. I saw a town in NJ overrun with sad, hopeless former patients when they closed Marlboro State Psychiatric Hospital. I'll never forget it.

Some of these former patients that didn't get the proper community mental health care went on to fill up our jails and some just remained like tossed-away, homeless segments of our society.

Horrible any way you look at it.

I think America stigmatizes mental illness. It's like a taboo.

It's a fact and I'm sure many will agree, it's taboo, if it's not on your doorstep then why worry? I'm not saying I know AL's illness & truely want to know for some reason. It won't make it easier but could help to figure out why someone ticks that horrible way. I'm pretty curious and always have been about what makes people the way they are. It's a need to know for me. No right to know, but a need to know. iykwim? Why are they not ticking right? Many factors can be involved.

jmo

I'd like to know if AL was on meds and what we're hearing about his mental stability through his life

If he was on meds sometimes patients can take their pills/cocktail by themselves without supervision....Others, like our brother, need a supervised injection of anti-psychotics that are never missed

Maybe AL was responsible for taking his own meds/pills and maybe stopped taking them? The parents I know here in Cincinnati with children with serious mental disabilities are always supervising all medications and are present like clockwork

On a side note, when our brother went off his anti psychotic meds we'd kno win an instant....and this always meant about a 30 day hospital stay in the psych ward unti he was stabilized to resume normal lifestyle

The hospital cost for a 30 day stay is staggering about $50,000 to $100,000
and all is paid by Medicaid....Our brother's had about 50 of these 30 day hospital stays in 30 years....We're obviously grateful for this subsidy and very lucky....But my point is the extreme challenge to keep folks on their meds takes the strength of Job sometimes

There's going to be wackos using the info of both killers having dads who were to testify. If it's true. Some already think the government does something to make mass murderers kill.
Also, i read that N went to a sportsbar weekly and had lots of friends to talk with there, but never talked of her youngest son, only talked about the normal one.

48 hours... Moral of the story...
(in my own words)
We can delve into the darkness and try to figure why...
We can take weapons away, but what we are still left
with are the perpetrators who yearn to commit
these acts of violence. There is no way to outlaw them.
No idea of who the next one will be and sadly no way
to stop them.
As it stands now all, we as a nation can do is
better educate ourselves on how to react if we
find ourselves in one of situations.

I have no no more...words.

If he had Asperger's syndrome, then there are no medications to specifically treat Asperger's.

BBM Nancy would have had to tell him this since he has never met her boys. Why would she tell him that when she obviously, after 5 years of friendship, didn't want him involved in her boys lives?

Why wouldn't she tell him? We know she had a number of legally registered guns. Why would it be surprising if she went target shooting with her children? What else are you going to do with your guns?

my great uncle (my grandfather's brother) was one of those turned out in Cali after living in various state hospitals for nearly 40 years

very fortunately, my grandfather and a third brother were able to cover the cost of a room in a boarding house until there was an opening in something like a group home. they were able to pay for a room in a series of homes like that until he died about 10 years later. they had to move him often because the home would close, or he was bullied by other residents, and/or they were stealing the cigs and See's candy and spending money my grandfather supplied

my grandfather made sure to bring him to every holiday dinner. in all the old photos you can usually see juust aboouut half of him, because he always sat way out on the edge of the gathering. I have no idea what his diagnosis was, I remember being told that he had a "breakdown" in his early 20s, was hospitalized, and never lived at home again. he was spooky but not scary, if that makes sense. then again, to me he was family, so there's that. he was good at hello/goodbye w/ everyone and one-word responses in between, to everyone except my mother. he would answer her in sentences, altho they were short ones. he would follow her w/ his eyes and seemed more comfortable when she was nearby. interesting thing about that is ... she had Borderline PD

I had read To Kill A Mockingbird probably 10 times before I saw the movie but reading was, for me, quite different than seeing: the moment I laid eyes on Boo Radley/Robert Duvall I was like "OMG, that is Uncle Darryl". the physical resemblance, the clothing, the mannerisms, the fish-out-of-water affect

can you imagine turning Boo Radley out from his accustomed setting and expecting him to live on the streets of Los Angeles, and expecting him to figure out how to accomplish that? if not for his brothers (and they were all in their 60s by then) Uncle Darryl would have been a crime statistic, as a victim of violent crime. and, if he was one of the "mean ones" (his words) he would again have been a crime statistic, as a perpetrator of violent crime

we have got to get a handle on how we assess those who need help and how that help is delivered. it will cost more than anyone is willing to pay, but we're paying in other ways w/ the system we have now. it's like we're bleeding out and we can't find the source of the blood flow

UPDATED LIST!

In the last 30 years since 1982, America has mourned at least 61 mass murders
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...hootings-in-the-us-since-columbine/?mobile=nc

16 were in 2012

Feb. 21: Norcross, Ga. 4 + shooter killed
*Feb 26:Jackson, Tennessee 1 killed 20 injured
Feb. 27: Chardon, Ohio 3 killed 2 injured
March 8: Pittsburgh 1+ shooter killed 7 injured
*March 31: Miami, Florida 2 killed 12 injured
April 2: Oakland 7 killed 3 injured
April 6: Tulsa 3 killed 2 injured
May 30: Seattle 5 killed + shooter 1 injured
*July 9: Wilmington, Delaware 3 killed
July 20: Aurora, Colo. 12 killed 58 injured
Aug. 5: Oak Creek, Wisc. 6 killed +shooter 3 injured
Aug. 13: College Station, Texas 2 killed + shooter 4 injured
Sept. 27: Minneapolis 6 killed +shooter 3 injured
Oct. 21: Brookfield, Wisc. 3 killed+ shooter 4 injured
Dec. 11: Happy Valley, Ore. 2 killed + shooter 1 injured
Dec. 14: Newtown, Conn. 27 killed + shooter 1 injured

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/nation/us-mass-shootings-2012/

* http://www.thenation.com/blog/171774/fifteen-us-mass-shootings-happened-2012-84-dead#

In Norway last year with the mass shooting of 69 young people at a youth camp, our whole population came out right after to sumpathize with the mother of the shooter, saying "It's not your fault!"

However, in the trial, documents from CPS from the killers early childhood years came up and it showed that they had adviced that the son be taken from the mom because they were having an "unhealthy relationship" and he wasn't devoloping right. His mother had done everything to keep her son and not done a thing to help the situation...

Still, I am not one to put blame on parents right away.

I just know that sometimes you can live in a bad situation for so long that it is starting to seem right. Maybe this was the case here?

One thing I will say though is that there is something very wrong when a father and son, two brothers etc. don't have contact for years. It may not be the one or the others fault, but it shows that something was very difficult within this family.

I hope everyone finds comfort somehow.

We're all caught up in getting the facts about this incomprehensible tragedy, let's not forget the 6 slain faculty members, who I believe should be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for bravery by the President

They should be recognized no less than the brave women/men of 911

I have no idea what terror and nerves of steel these incredibly brave souls must've have experienced. and their primary goal was to save as many children as humanly possible

I feel it's our obligation to recognize the 6 faculty members who literally put the children's lives ahead of their own to shield them the best they could trying to get to safety and out of the shooter's aim

Just watched the 48 Hours special online. At 14:05 they said that a Saiga Shotgun was found in Adam's car. This is an automatic combat shotgun. Wow. I wonder if it was part of his mother's collection.

We're all caught up in getting the facts about this incomprehensible tragedy, let's not forget the 6 slain faculty members, who I believe should be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for bravery by the President

They should be recognized no less than the brave women/men of 911

I have no idea what terror and nerves of steel these incredibly brave souls must've have experienced. and their primary goal was to save as many children as humanly possible

I feel it's our obligation to recognize the 6 faculty members who literally put the children's lives ahead of their own to shield them the best they could trying to get to safety and out of the shooter's aim
No one IMO has forgotten the adults who were murdered.they are mentioned in every article I've read. However......
It's just harder imo for some to accept or fathom the murders of 20 little innocent children.

Just watched the 48 Hours special online. At 14:05 they said that a Saiga Shotgun was found in Adam's car. This is an automatic combat shotgun. Wow. I wonder if it was part of his mother's collection.

I don't know where I read it but I did read that the Saiga was the mom's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan