Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Smartest person I ever knew'
'A genius'

I think he shot his mother to get her out of the way so he could access the guns. And to ensure he had time to complete his plan before police were called. Fallout.

I think he carried his brother's driving licence to ensure he implicated his brother in his plan and dragged him down with him.

I think he had the handgun in his car to shoot anyone who pulled him over before he could complete his plan. They would have been more fallout.

I think he wore a bulletproof vest so nobody could shoot him before he carried out his plan.

I think he left the pieces of his hard drive around as gamesmanship. He was fully aware the FBI will get his online footprint - he just wanted to make it a little difficult for them to find his great plan.

I suspect his twisted story will be there waiting for them to find because he was proud of his plan.

I suspect he wore something to protect his face and hands from the broken glass he knew in advance would result from his plan to break into the school.

I suspect he killed the children only to ensure he caused as much hurt as possible to the person he was really trying to destroy. The children were just fallout.

I think if that school had possessed metal panic rooms, he would have taken explosives with him as well as guns, to ensure he got in.

A clever boy. An ice-cold, calculating clever boy with a scientific plan, hatched in the fires of hell. No-one ever stood a chance of stopping him.

Whatever the motive is it's not going to make sense. I mean we are not going to sit back and think hmmm ok, I understand now and that does make sense.

You are SO right, IMHO! :rocker:

Jose Baez thought we'd buy that line from his opening statement -- that everything would all "make sense" in due time -- and although it worked out pretty well for him with the jury, the rest of us didn't bite.

I've found in my life that asking "why" is very rarely useful. What works better for me is asking more creative questions about "who," "what," "when," "where," and "how."

So, just for starters here:

WHO can do something to prevent these kind of tragedies?
WHO can we contact to make our feelings and ideas known and ask for REAL help and prevention efforts?
WHO are the decision makers, locally, in our state, and in our nation, that we can contact and build relationships with and let know that we really mean business about preventing violence?

WHAT else can we do?
WHAT information and facts do we need?
WHAT can we do today, this week, this month, this next year, to show that we really mean what we say?

WHEN can we make a personal difference in our daily lives to help someone, give information to someone, draw attention to something that needs to be addressed?
WHEN do we go the extra mile to help when it would be easier to do nothing?
WHEN do we need to ask for support, help, and encouragement for ourselves?

WHERE can we make a difference today?
WHERE in our communities can we volunteer, educate, reach out?
WHERE do we see an unmet need in our own life and the lives of our family members, etc.?

HOW can we find ways to measure our progress toward goals and keep ourselves inspired?
HOW much are we willing to change individually and collectively to “be the change we want to see”?
HOW else can we work together to move from saying “if only” and looking for blame and “reasons” to taking responsibility (please read as “having response-ability”) -- and insisting that our decision makers take responsibility as well?

The questions posed above are just examples and certainly don’t have easy answers. The thing I do like about them however, is that just coming up with them made me uneasy, uncomfortable, and feeling more accountable for my own decisions about what I’m willing to do and keep doing so that we don’t have to ask WHY again.

All of this is totally IMHO and I welcome additional input, ideas, questions -- action plans. to help us feel more proactive and less helpless in this sad, sad situation.

:twocents:
:banghead:

In the last 30 years since 1982, America has mourned at least 61 mass murders
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...hootings-in-the-us-since-columbine/?mobile=nc

13 were in 2012

Feb. 21: Norcross, Ga. 4 + shooter killed
Feb. 27: Chardon, Ohio 3 killed 2 injured
March 8: Pittsburgh 1+ shooter killed 7 injured
April 2: Oakland 7 killed 3 injured
April 6: Tulsa 3 killed 2 injured
May 30: Seattle 5 killed + shooter 1 injured
July 20: Aurora, Colo. 12 killed 58 injured
Aug. 5: Oak Creek, Wisc. 6 killed +shooter 3 injured
Aug. 13: College Station, Texas 2 killed + shooter 4 injured
Sept. 27: Minneapolis 6 killed +shooter 3 injured
Oct. 21: Brookfield, Wisc. 3 killed+ shooter 4 injured
Dec. 11: Happy Valley, Ore. 2 killed + shooter 1 injured
Dec. 14: Newtown, Conn. 27 killed + shooter 1 injured
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/nation/us-mass-shootings-2012/

GNGR: thanks for posting the list. It's the sort of thing I wish we had more info about to try and find a pattern. In so doing, at least we may start to isolate problematic sectors and prevent future occurrences. Info I'd like for instance, age and ethnicity of shooters, sex, race, mental history, medications. Any interview done after with the shooters......etc.....etc.....

GNGR: thanks for posting the list. It's the sort of thing I wish we had more info about to try and find a pattern. In so doing, at least we may start to isolate problematic sectors and prevent future occurrences. Info I'd like for instance, age and ethnicity of shooters, sex, race, mental history, medications. Any interview done after with the shooters......etc.....etc.....

This says 16... did I count wrong? :waitasec:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171774/fifteen-us-mass-shootings-happened-2012-84-dead#

updated list 16...
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

I think there was a shooting yesterday (saturday). But I have to check. Working on no sleep and info overload.

Is it correct AL was a former student at Sandy?

I'm wondering if some of those faculty members slain were also his teachers

The school pyschologist was about 56 years old, old enough to have been there maybe when AL was

I wonder if his rage was partly from a diagnosis given by the school psycholigist that AL had a disability? Maybe he felt ridiculed or not treated well during his school years there because he had a disability that was just beginning to surface? Maybe he was treated well but was just too acutely sensitive?

It seems pretty strong to me, AL had a deep resentment towards anyone associated with the school

I want to find out WHY?

Thank you, but I have read that numerous times and again I say no mention of his wife of 17 years or his son. I just don't think that is right. They both are dead and I would think he would feel some kind of remorse or sadness. JMO

I think it might be difficult to mention them in a wording that would not offend some of the families who lost their children because of his son handling the guns of his ex-wife

Is it correct AL was a former student at Sandy?

I'm wondering if some of those faculty members slain were also his teachers

The school pyschologist was about 56 years old, old enough to have been there maybe when AL was

I wonder if his rage was partly from a diagnosis given by the school psycholigist that AL had a disability? Maybe he felt ridiculed or not treated well during his school years there because he had a disability that was just beginning to surface? Maybe he was treated well but was just too acutely sensitive?

It seems pretty strong to me, AL had a deep resentment towards anyone associated with the school

I want to find out WHY?
16:40min mark video

48 Hours: Newtown - 48 Hours - CBS News

Mary Sherlock? school psychologist
started working at school Aug 1994
she was on the school staff when Adam was a student there...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Watching CNN now.

President Obama will be attending a vigil in the morning.

MY OPINION ONLY!!!

I know it didn't happen, but I would love to hear
a little 6 yr old grabbed his pistol and killed him before
he ran out of the room...
OR another teacher....
no! A 6 yr old! That killed him back....
He will forever remain in my brain as the cowardly killer .
Moo Moo Moo ....

Ok, I am just thinking out loud. Like most everyone, I am brainstorming WHY AL did this.

Let's say AL is recognized to have something wrong with him when he starts school at Sandy Hook as a little kid. (I am still unsure if he went there. My head is spinning with all the misinformation.) Teachers, the school psychologist, the school admins are all involved.

Fast forward - He's pulled from school to be homeschooled by NL. Divorce happens, dad and brother disappear from his life.

Maybe AL blames losing everything (family etc) on the teachers, docs, and admins who 'started this mess' by saying something is wrong with him. By killing the 'instigators' (in AL's mind), he's getting revenge for himself. By killing the children who are his age when he was recognized as having something wrong with him at school, he's 'saving' them from what happened to him.

Ok, I am just thinking out loud. Like most everyone, I am brainstorming WHY AL did this.

Let's say AL is recognized to have something wrong with him when he starts school at Sandy Hook as a little kid. (I am still unsure if he went there. My head is spinning with all the misinformation.) Teachers, the school psychologist, the school admins are all involved.

Fast forward - He's pulled from school to be homeschooled by NL. Divorce happens, dad and brother disappear from his life.

Maybe AL blames losing everything (family etc) on the teachers, docs, and admins who 'started this mess' by saying something is wrong with him. By killing the 'instigators' (in AL's mind), he's getting revenge for himself. By killing the children who are his age when he was recognized as having something wrong with him at school, he's 'saving' them from what happened to him.
I have had the very same thought.

Except he killed his mom for having him ....
"if I had never been born"

Good theory!

First thing I thought of when news broke was a case in the '90's. Can't remember the guy's name. He shot a lot of children on the playground outside a school to "save them" from the sadness and bad things of life. I wondered if this may have been a part of AL's thinking. I hope the computer will be able to be analyzed in some manner to help figure it out.

JMO, I think it's pretty pointless to argue about whether autism etc. are mental illnesses or neurological. The whole distinction between mental disorders and neurological/other physical diseases is a remnant of an older age of thinking when it was thought that there were diseases of the body and diseases of the mind where they couldn't find any underlying body pathology. But the more we learn about diseases and disorders the more we find that there are physiological factors in mental illness and mental factors in neurological illness. The line is going to become more and more blurred imo.

Why then do we still talk of ‘mental’ illnesses, or indeed of ‘ physical’ illnesses? The answer is provided in the introduction to the current (1994) edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV): “The term mental disorder unfortunately implies a distinction between ‘mental’ disorders and ‘ physical’ disorders that is a reductionistic anachronism of mind/body dualism. A compelling literature documents that there is much ‘ physical’ in ‘mental’ disorders and much ‘ mental’ in ‘physical’ disorders. The problem raised by the term ‘mental disorders’ has been much clearer than its solution, and, unfortunately, the term persists in the title of DSM-IV because we have not found an appropriate substitute”.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/178/6/490.full

This is such an amazing and profound article.

Thank you so much for posting this link.

I just shared it on my FB page and asked others to pass it along.

As a mother and as a mental health professional I just can't recommend this article enough.

That is an excellent article. There had to be something done to improve the availability of mental health services! It is imperative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton