Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a student as Western Connecticut State University in 2008 and 2009, Lanza received As, Bs and Cs in courses ranging from computer programming to macroeconomics to German speaking.

"Adam Lanza was a student for a while at WCSU,” said Paul Steinmetz, interim Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Sunday. “His overall GPA for the six classes that he completed was 3.26.”

According to Steinmetz, Lanza started classes in the summer of 2008 when he was 16 and took website production (A-) and Visual BASIC (A). In fall of 2008 he took data modeling — a computer science class in which he took a withdraw — and Philosophy 101, introduction to ethical theory (C). In spring of 2009 he took American History Since 1877 (A-) and introduction to German speaking, which he dropped early in the semester so it didn't count against his GPA. In the summer of 2009 he took principles of macroeconomics (B).

Steinmetz said any potential disciplinary records were not immediately available, however there was “no indication that he was ever in trouble here.”

Steinmetz also stated that he does “not believe [Lanza] ever lived in our dorms."

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/p...-of-gunman-27th-victim-in-sandy-hook-shooting

Ethical theory, huh.

Great story but I don't know if I believe all of it unfortunately. I don't remember anyone being able to get into NYC a day or two after 9-11 and I'm not sure that it was mitten glove season. just saying.

If she bought them from hardware stores it could have been work gloves.

THANK YOU so much for your terrific, spot-on transcription!

Trying to keep it real!
(and not get investigated...)

I have been here at WS too long!
My internet history would get me 3 hots
and a cot like... PRONTO...

For a lil while...
Imma good girl! ~ Right Santa???:christmastree:

Psychologists say that predicting the intent among individuals to commit mass murder remains incredibly difficult, if not impossible — especially with mass killings having many different patterns and representing rare events. TechNewsDaily previously spoke with an expert on psychopaths who explained the challenges despite his optimism in using psychological screening.

http://news.yahoo.com/mental-screening-predict-mass-murder-233637879.html

So he's on the web. Computer science, website production. Where did he lurk? JMO

Medical Examiner said there were 4 gunshots to Nancy's head... in her pajamas in bed...how sad....CNN

So he's on the web. Computer science, website production. Where did he lurk? JMO

Since he apparently destroyed his hard drive, we will probably never know.

Add to that the likelyhood that other disturbed disenfranchised individuals probably lurk there, and I will not touch them with a ten foot pole even if I did know where to begin looking.

JMO

I read the blog from Ms. Long to my husband. He was upset and said I should not read such negative things. I'm thinking (love my hubby) that maybe this is the problem...people don't want to acknowledge that mental illness exists, like its shameful. Please I do not want to open up for discussion what is/isn't a mental illness again. I'm simply talking about Ms. Long and HER belief that her son "Michael" and AL were similar and my husbands reaction to not wanting to discuss vs her wanting to have more awarness of the issue. Thoughts?

By the by, the McMansion being depicted in the thread earlier is not the home now being shown by foxnews and other sites as belonging to victim NL and her son, killer, AL.

The home is a very nice looking, well maintained white colonial.

Not that what their home looks like or how much it cost matters one whit.

Call LE now, and I bet that they are more on top of him then they were. JMO.

They have been and the school has tightened up things as far as how kids are dropped off at school. Just not sure what LE can do. Maybe patrol more often? Have an officer at the school in the mornings? We've been told it's mostly been in the mornings as kids are dropped off.

I must say that Ms. Long is a different kind of parent. Most of us cannot imagine the horror of discovering that our child could ever be that sick or evil, but she sees it and she acknowledges it. We need more of this, and we need more open discussion. The answer is not to simply say, "Well, the child was sick, and they should have been put in a hospital." IT IS NOT THAT EASY. (Caps for emphasis, not to yell.)

My son is six years old. You would think that when a six year old looks directly at a licensed therapist and says, "I hate you, and I hate mom, and I even hate myself sometimes. I wish that I could die before I hate someone enough to kill them." that there would be options, good, sound, residential options for that child.

There aren't. We continue weekly therapy, we lock up the sharp objects, we double check the locks and alarms, we barely sleep, and we pray, but until he does try to kill someone or himself, there is no help available. Or at least very little. And this is for children, young children that should not have these thoughts or even a frame of reference for them. Imagine what is available for adults, especially those that have no desire to take their meds, continue their therapy or enter treatment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...er-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html

I have a problem with the mom's statements in this posted article. She implied that her son tried numerous medications that did not work. The truth is that there are MANY extremely effective medications that can snow/sedate out-of-control individuals and keep them sedated. Many times the caretaker parent CHOOSES to not use these antipsychotic medications in the dosage that sedates their dangerous loved one to the point where they are no longer impulsive and dangerous. (Yes, it is difficult to see your loved one sedated to such an extreme and they can develop tardive dyskinesia.) The caretaker MUST make this difficult decision because there is no one else to make it. There are very few long-term care psychiatric hospitals which used to protect society from the violently mentally ill. Caretakers must sedate their loved one that is prone to impulsive violent rages and keep them CONSTANTLY sedated or they will eventually become a victim of their loved one's violence. :(

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I read the blog from Ms. Long to my husband. He was upset and said I should not read such negative things. I'm thinking (love my hubby) that maybe this is the problem...people don't want to acknowledge that mental illness exists, like its shameful. Please I do not want to open up for discussion what is/isn't a mental illness again. I'm simply talking about Ms. Long and HER belief that her son "Michael" and AL were similar and my husbands reaction to not wanting to discuss vs her wanting to have more awarness of the issue. Thoughts?

IMO this is exactly the problem. majority of this world would rather ignore the problem.
Also, there is not enough resources out there to adequately support someone with a mental disability. Therapy once a week or month just doesn't cut it IMO and there is not enough supports out there for parents that need help raising their child with mental disabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24