UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m guessing that the police do not suspect foul play by a third party? The phone being in the backpack together with the drinks bought from the garage puzzles me. What else was in the backpack? Where was it thought she was heading when she left home? Thoughts?

The male standing behind Victoria has something in his hands, possibly Victorias pink backpack? Perhaps she was driven to the M&S shop which is also a petrol station? That would perhaps explain the lack of other cctv sightings that morning? All just moo.
I showed my daughter the cctv footage photo and within seconds she said, " that's a man's hand" just saying.

I think they are holding a pint of milk and a white plastic bag. If Victoria had been in a car she would have been seen on cctv.
Odd hand positioning for holding milk / plastic bag imo. Okay supposing you are correct & there’s no car outside then where is the pink backpack whilst she in the petrol station? We can clearly see it is not in her possession. Backpack was found on river path alongside the drinks bottles purchased at the petrol station … by a friend/family member if I recall correctly? My guess is there is more cctv police haven’t released.

Odd hand positioning for holding milk / plastic bag imo. Okay supposing you are correct & there’s no car outside then where is the pink backpack whilst she in the petrol station? We can clearly see it is not in her possession. Backpack was found on river path alongside the drinks bottles purchased at the petrol station … by a friend/family member if I recall correctly? My guess is there is more cctv police haven’t released.
The straps of her make of backpack are black ,so might not be obvious due to her wearing a black coat. I agree with, you there is more than likely to be more cctv which the police have not released.

It might be on the floor by her feet? She could have put it down to get something out of it/to put items in it.

IMO I am not seeing a backpack on VT person in the photo image shown in post # 119 above. It appears only that the hood of the coat is draped at the rear. The coat appears to be navy or dark blue?

Her gesturing almost appears insistent or questioning someone? Was it someone in line with her or a clerk? Was there perhaps an argument or disagreement? As @Skigh suggests…. there is possibly other unreleased images not made available that might assist? MOO

Where was Victoria going?​

Victoria was last at her home in Malton at 9am on Monday, Mirror reports. She was on the phone, while her fiancé Matthew and their two-year-old daughter were also there.

Matthew and Victoria then left with their daughter to visit his parents. But Matthew's sister Heidi Baker said Victoria then left his parents' house and did not return.

A woman saw her crossing the railway crossing near a Lidl store, in Welham Road, between 11.30am to 12pm, heading towards the River Derwent. Another woman then saw her coming down the path leading to the river.

Locals said they saw her passing the Riverside Playground and walking along a thickly overgrown path next to the river between 11.30am and noon.

Why were her belongings found discarded?​

Victoria's belongings are believed to have been found near the banks of the River Derwent, which is currently being searched. While officers are yet to have found any trace of the missing mum, it may suggest that Victoria is in the area.

The soft drinks bottles bought by Victoria at the BP garage were found by her family. Further along the path, police found a green baseball cap she had been wearing at the garage.

They also found a salmon pink Vans rucksack lying in the open.

The straps of her make of backpack are black ,so might not be obvious due to her wearing a black coat. I agree with, you there is more than likely to be more cctv which the police have not
I haven’t seen it reported anywhere that the backpack was pink with black straps? Are you making an assumption because it is said to be Vans backpack? Could Brand of bag just be an error given at time of reporting Victoria missing due to distress / brain fog? We were told by police initially that jacket had stripes down the sleeves instead of the sides.

IMO I am not seeing a backpack on VT person in the photo image shown in post # 119 above. It appears only that the hood of the coat is draped at the rear. The coat appears to be navy or dark blue?

Her gesturing almost appears insistent or questioning someone? Was it someone in line with her or a clerk? Was there perhaps an argument or disagreement? As @Skigh suggests…. there is possibly other unreleased images not made available that might assist? MOO

The jacket is definitely black, as confirmed by family

Thank you for clarifying @Alyce . It would seem perhaps IMO then, that better images are needed? And my being slight red green colorblind probably doesn’t help. MOO
That coat does look blue for sure.
It’s interesting the colours on the cap aren’t distorted or the jeans.
And it won’t be the sun shining on it as it was grim weather that day.
I’m not technical though, there must be a reason it looks that way.

Re the CCTV photo

I don't see any backpack - Vans or not Vans.
Nor any backpack's straps on her body.
The jacket looks to be dark navy blue or black.

She seems to be deliberating which article of food/drink to choose.
Her lips are pursued,
or... she is talking to someone.

She is pointing to something.
(Is there a container of drinks?)

Overall,
she doesn't seem to be agitated/worried.

Just a regular customer.

JMO

Last edited:

The fiancé of missing Victoria Taylor is 'devastated' as friends round on the vile internet trolls who are 'pointing the finger at him'.

Churchgoer Matthew Williams is being targeted by armchair detectives as friends today continue to search for the bride-to-be near the River Derwent.

A Facebook group set up to find the young mother, 34, has regularly been posting updates and revealed how 'people are pointing the finger at her partner'.

I haven’t seen it reported anywhere that the backpack was pink with black straps? Are you making an assumption because it is said to be Vans backpack? Could Brand of bag just be an error given at time of reporting Victoria missing due to distress / brain fog? We were told by police initially that jacket had stripes down the sleeves instead of the sides.

Some of her belongings were found by police along the riverbank of the River Derwent, including the camo cap she wore in the CCTV images as well as her rucksack, a salmon pink Vans brand.

That coat does look blue for sure.
It’s interesting the colours on the cap aren’t distorted or the jeans.
And it won’t be the sun shining on it as it was grim weather that day.
I’m not technical though, there must be a reason it looks that way.
The family have stated in the fb group that the photo is a photo of a cctv screen so the colours are distorted.

Doesn't look at all odd to me. looks like they are holding the milk with the left hand, and either checking the cap on the milk or checking a watch with the right hand. Hard to get context from a still image like that rather than video.

Re the jacket, while it does look blue on that picture, I can see how that might be influenced by reflected light on the chest and I can easily believe it is actually black as stated by the family.

The fiancé of missing Victoria Taylor is 'devastated' as friends round on the vile internet trolls who are 'pointing the finger at him'.

Churchgoer Matthew Williams is being targeted by armchair detectives as friends today continue to search for the bride-to-be near the River Derwent.

A Facebook group set up to find the young mother, 34, has regularly been posting updates and revealed how 'people are pointing the finger at her partner'.

Oh dear, not again!

The family have stated in the fb group that the photo is a photo of a cctv screen so the colours are distorted.
I know that. It’s just distinctively blue I am wondering the science.
Only thing I can think a window fenestration or something but it doesn’t fit marks and spencer brand in blue.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan
Back