Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3:22 P.M. Data on Lanza's Computer Might Not Be Recoverable

"Investigators recovered a computer from Adam Lanza’s house, but it is so badly damaged that they are not optimistic they will be able to get any information from it, a law enforcement official said Monday."

“It looked like he took steps to damage it, he smashed it, it was smashed,” the official said. “It was the computer he was using. It was the hard drive and it was damaged to the point that we took a look at it and couldn’t get anything off it.”

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/dec-17-updates-on-connecticut-shooting-aftermath/

Interesting .. wonder what he didn't want anyone to find out about him.

Here i another statement and article:
Mr. Novia said it wasn't unusual for school officials to meet about troubled students, but Mr. Lanza's problems were more severe than most. He said he told the school's three security staffers who reported to him to carefully monitor Mr. Lanza, concerning "where he was, who he was with, and what he was doing."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324677204578183910797348422.html

I'm watching the news and they are giving out the names and a little bio on all of the kids and teachers who were killed. One of the teacher's boyfriend was going to propose on Christmas eve.

I'm not a cryer. I handle my grief silently, but I have tears in the corners of my eyes right now.

DD- you don't remember me but we had some disagreements back in the day when I hung out in the Political Pavilion. It takes someone special to post what you did and many of us appreciate it. This is not something we should be partisan over. If there were more folks like you on your side of the political divide we'd be able to work out lot of issues. Let's hope some good can come..

Snick,

I'm so glad you posted that. This tragedy reminds me of post-9/11...where we, as a country, were just stunned and in shock, and we all banded together. That is what we need.

I thought yesterday, after watching President Obama, that it would be great if the "big boys (and some gals, haha)" in Washington, DC, could start acting like adults and just focus on business, quit playing games, etc.

Personally, I'm sick of the game playing (both sides) and don't have much patience or tolerance of it right now. I'd bet there are more adults feeling the same, let this horrible tragedy remind us that we all need to get along for the common good. Fighting in DC seems so P E T T Y right now.

JMO

3:22 P.M. Data on Lanza's Computer Might Not Be Recoverable

“It looked like he took steps to damage it, he smashed it, it was smashed,” the official said. “It was the computer he was using. It was the hard drive and it was damaged to the point that we took a look at it and couldn’t get anything off it.”

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/dec-17-updates-on-connecticut-shooting-aftermath/

I wasn't optimistic that they could recover anything from it.

I wonder if anything can be traced via the IPS address of the home? Which sites were visited, etc.? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

I wasn't optimistic that they could recover anything from it.

I really hope that they can find something. That computer/computers hold a wealth of information that might give insight to what was really going on with AL's mind. I wonder if NL had a computer, and if so is it intact.

HLN is reporting from NL house. Says there was police activity in the house. She said the police cars came pealing into the driveway. They are gone now and are waiting to hear if they can get information as to why they were there.

I know it might be hearsay, but if someone who is truthful might come forward
and tell if they skyped, tweeted or were internet friends.

On my nightly news some forensic computer guy said that even though the
hard drive is damaged bad, forensic computer techs may still be able to retrieve
'some thing' and may take allot of time.

X my fingers!

So from NL friends at "My Place" she came in 2 or 3 times a week, for food..not so much for the bar.

I will just say that I have eaten there and they have really good food. It is a quaint restaurant and a lot of business people go for lunch. I could not label this restaurant as a bar at all...although there is a bar inside it.

His tribute came after describing how humbling it was to find out how much of an impact he had on Pinto's short life.
In fact, Pinto's parents are considering burying Jack in a Cruz No. 80 football shirt, as they prepare to bury him next Monday.Cruz said he plans to give the gloves he wore during the game to the boy's family, and spend some time with them.

He said: 'There's no words that can describe the type of feeling that you get when a kid idolizes you so much that unfortunately they want to put him in the casket with your jersey on.
'I can't even explain it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Sandy-Hook-shooting-victim-Jack-Pinto-6.html

I personally think this is wonderful. I know when my mother died the hardest thing I had to do was decide what to bury her in. I wanted it to mean something to her as well as her friends. I think he would love this as it obviously meant a great deal to him. jmo

Just my 2 pennies on this

But I get strong vibes NL was trying her best to manage working and helping her son

And from reports, she was probably getting exhausted lately from her son's issues and it seems like she was the one totally responsible for AL and taking care of him and did so to the best of her abilities

I also get the vibe, the father, who re married, was pretty content to move on with his new life and the other son(s) were part of his life, not Adam so much

From I've read the school employees where AL attended also were involved in watching over him as well

Adam was many times "almost mute like", totally unresponsive to talking to others in school and even after he was out of school

These are big red flags and I'd like to know the extent of what, if any, professional therapy they sought for their son

Maybe all this kid needed were more of his peers having the patience to develop a friendship with him?

Maybe people did try to develop a friendship but AL just clammed up and kept his head down working his favorite hobbies on the computer and cameras?

I don't know...just thinking out loud

I wonder if anything can be traced via the IPS address of the home? Which sites were visited, etc.? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

Yes!

They should already have search warrants sent to their internet carrier for the home...and from there, they should get some great information. It just takes awhile.

JMO

STEELY Same here, we have all had tears in our eyes from the children slaughered.
Oh they ALL were so cute, bright and funny!
Why the innocents??
We as a nation need to study this.
Why is USA so violent?
What has happened in the last 20 years?
I had a fun childhood, playing outside til the streetlights came on.
Was only worried about Russia having a bomb hit our school......LOL.
Even my children were raised in the same way.
I worried about them smoking cigerettes, DUI and gettng pregnant.
Never did I even really think about kidnapping, murder, drugs or them
being killed in school.
What has happened?
How can we backtrack?
Can we ever?
All towns had the mentally ill, kids with problems, drunks etc for hundreds of years.
How did we get here?
IMOO

I know it might be hearsay, but if someone who is truthful might come forward
and tell if they skyped, tweeted or were internet friends.

On my nightly news some forensic computer guy said that even though the
hard drive is damaged bad, forensic computer techs may still be able to retrieve
'some thing' and may take allot of time.

X my fingers!

If he took the time to damage it, and he was a geek like has been said, then he surely zeroed out the hard drive many times over before he got destructive with it.

For those who may not know, a hard drive is just like a home with multiple rooms. When something is deleted, it is simply just moved to another part of the disc. That is why data recovery is so easy, however when you zero out a drive, you write zeros over the entire hard drive (all sectors and clusters) Now if you do this multiple times, say even 100, it is next to impossible to recover data, just depends on how much someone wants to cover their tracks.

Their home ISP surely can provide quite a bit and I am sure it is under subpoena at this time.

I agree that NL was doing everything to help her child but was overwhelmed by his issues .. I have a feeling however as more information comes to light we will see that he was deeply disturbed and way past anything that a few friends or parenting could have done to help. The picture of him with the gaunt face and staring eyes is someone in the throws of deep mental disturbance if you ask me. Almost instantly recognisable and sends chills straight through you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi