Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM As another verified mental health professional, I totally agree

IA with both of you. I pray for the day my X is put in jail, she is a serious danger to society...and has been possibly since childhood, her parents have up a long time ago which is sad because I just have a feeling she will eventually kill someone like she tried to kill me.

Deciding fate of massacre site can help healing (AP)
---
Will they decide to demolish the school where authorities say Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults before killing himself? Or just the parts where he opened fire? Will there be a memorial on school grounds, or in town? Or both?

Whatever they choose, it will give them a measure of control over a situation in which they have had very little, said Dr. Louis Kraus, chief of child and adolescent psychiatry at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.

"To be able to have some control and say in that process I think is going to be very important" to the healing process, he said.
---
more at the link, with examples of what other towns have done with sites

My prayers to all the parents here who have violent children.

As a retired Speech Pathologist from a school system, but with varied experiences from a hospital setting for emotionally disordered children and behaviorally disturbed children to clinics I have seen what you are going through. I am so sorry. Our mental health programs for children here in the US are so in need of improvement.

In the hospital setting I worked in during the 80's we had a cottage program where children as young as 6 through high school were admitted to stay and go to school.

The rage and lack of impulse control was frightening even to us (personnel) at that time. It could be very dangerous for us at times with lots of help all around us. As I said my prayers are with you.

I hope the shooter's father lets his son's brain be donated to science to be examined so that we can learn more about what might have been going on in there and MAYBE prevent future tragedies. I think it would be worth a shot, anyways, JMO.

I am wondering if AL was in treatment for his 'condition' why the doctor or health care person has not come forward with information. jmo

I think the red flags of AL becoming "mute like", unresponsive to talking to others did not really need a diagnosis to confirm something was "off" about him

I just don't know WHY he had such an inner out of control rage and at WHOM?

WHY did AL choose the Sandy school employees, his mother, himself to unleash this rage?

Those are the Million Dollar Questions

Has it been confirmed when NL was killed? I read that AL tried to enter the school the previous day (thursday) and had a confrontation with several people. I am wondering if he had already killed NL prior to the first attempt to gain access to the school.

I hope the shooter's father lets his son's brain be donated to science to be examined so that we can learn more about what might have been going on in there and MAYBE prevent future tragedies. I think it would be worth a shot, anyways, JMO.

I am not sure where the self inflicted gun shot was so don't know if that is possible. Have you heard anything about that? ty

I wonder if anything can be traced via the IPS address of the home? Which sites were visited, etc.? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

Good question clue. I would think some activity could be gathered from that at least browsing history based on the internet provider.

Maybe they were hoping for personal diaries or something like that? I have no idea how all that works but I hope they can get something...

When I read that the first time, I was glad someone wasn't afraid to say that ANY of us could be the mother. I was thinking how valuable it would be to actually discuss how to help mothers rather than vilify them. IMO that's what we do- we point out all the parental flaws so we can feel better that it can't happen to us. which allows the next mom to turn a blind eye, believing that if they just be a good parent it won't happen. Even then, I was horrified that she did not do it anonymously.

BUT- now that I see this. I feel sick. I do not believe in her methods at all. I I do not support her outlook and parenting. I am so sorry I ever defended it. I am not above admitting when I was wrong and I was wrong. I should have read more of her blog before reading it with my own perceptions attached.

I skimmed her blogs and can't find anything that's disarming. Am I just missing it?

I think the red flags of AL becoming "mute like", unresponsive to talking to others did not really need a diagnosis to confirm something was "off" about him

I just don't know WHY he had such an inner out of control rage and at WHOM?

WHY did AL choose the Sandy school employees, his mother, himself to unleash this rage?

Those are the Million Dollar Questions

It is totally mystifying.

CNN spoke to some of his moms freinds and one indicated he was such a strict vegan..he didn't think something should have to die for him to eat. That floored me because it us totally incongruous with someone capable of gunning down children.

I am wondering if AL was in treatment for his 'condition' why the doctor or health care person has not come forward with information. jmo

It might be because of patient's rights and confidentiality....

The Lanza's mental health counselors might be keeping quiet because they're seeking legal counsel on what and how to say it in a statement...this can be very delicate in a legal respect, not to open cans or worms for lawsuits, etc

I don't know, just guessing, I'm not a legal expert..

They might have to the authorities. I sure hope so.

=Kmonci;8649453]It is totally mystifying.

CNN spoke to some of his moms freinds and one indicated he was such a strict vegan..he didn't think something should have to die for him to eat. That floored me because it us totally incongruous with someone capable of gunning down children.

Sheesh...what a weird analogy to offer to a major media reporter....

Has it been confirmed when NL was killed? I read that AL tried to enter the school the previous day (thursday) and had a confrontation with several people. I am wondering if he had already killed NL prior to the first attempt to gain access to the school.

That's frightening

I'd like to know what happened the day before?

I wonder since AL was planning to go to college I'm wondering if he got turned down from schools for having a possible diagnosis/disability or did'nt get a good recommendation from the schools he attended?

Going to college was a pretty big deal for AL and NL from the reports I've read...Could this have led to the shootings?

Maybe this set him off?

I wonder since AL was planning to go to college and get serious about engineering studies..He already had a taste of college life at 16....I'm wondering if he got turned down from schools for having a possible diagnosis/disability or did'nt get a good recommendation from the schools he attended?

Going to college was a pretty big deal for AL and NL from the reports I've read...She would've moved wherever he was going to go, no matter how far away...Could this have led to the shootings?

Maybe this set him off?

The gunman in the Connecticut elementary school slaughter was a college student at the age 16, earning A's in computer science and American history classes.

Adam Lanza, 20, was enrolled in Western Connecticut State University from 2008 to 2009, officials at the Danbury school confirmed Sunday.

"He started in summer of 2008 when he was 16," college spokesman Paul Steinmetz told the Daily News.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ge-classes-16-article-1.1221831#ixzz2FMPdR5Uq

Because of the privacy laws, I think. His medical record is confidential even after his death unless someone signs a release.

And I think it might not be totally safe for the doctors etc. to come forward. There might be some anger directed at them, you know, "it's your fault for not preventing it"

I am not sure where the self inflicted gun shot was so don't know if that is possible. Have you heard anything about that? ty

Lanza died of a gunshot wound to the head that was self-inflicted, the medical examiner said Sunday.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/12/coroner_newtown_gunman_adam_la.html

My 5 year old came home from school today and told me 20 kids had died, I asked him who told him about that he said his teacher, he said they talked about where to go if they had to..then he began to tell me what they did in class and he told me there was a policeman at his school. DH and I had a long discussion with him tonight about what hapened and the bad people. This was a hardest talk I have had with my five year old.. He wanted to know if the policeman got the bad people, I told him the bad person died and he said did the policeman do it.. Then I tried to explain the best I could. Hug your kids tight..We never know..

I agree that NL was doing everything to help her child but was overwhelmed by his issues .. I have a feeling however as more information comes to light we will see that he was deeply disturbed and way past anything that a few friends or parenting could have done to help. The picture of him with the gaunt face and staring eyes is someone in the throws of deep mental disturbance if you ask me. Almost instantly recognisable and sends chills straight through you.

I agree. Also, until now we hear of no actual documentation of "Asperger's".

It could be that in an optimistic way, NL could have fit his behavior into Asperger's syndrome, enabling her to cope. Maybe he was actually diagnosed with a serious mental illness and she couldn't deal with it. He was at the perfect age for a schizophrenia to really show itself too.

The reason I'm questioning his actual diagnosis as "Asperger's" is because she seemed so upset and stunned that he wasn't able to be demonstrative with affection. This is an extremely common thing with people who have AS and I'm sure she did plenty of research on what could be wrong with him, so I don't know why this would be so upsetting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi