Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think it could be upsetting simply because mothers want to be able to connect and bond with their children, and want them to have the ability to connect and bond with others?

Wow. Did you see the intro to "The Voice" on tv just now? Beautiful and made me cry immediately.

My 5 year old came home from school today and told me 20 kids had died, I asked him who told him about that he said his teacher, he said they talked about where to go if they had to..then he began to tell me what they did in class and he told me there was a policeman at his school. DH and I had a long discussion with him tonight about what hapened and the bad people. This was a hardest talk I have had with my five year old.. He wanted to know if the policeman got the bad people, I told him the bad person died and he said did the policeman do it.. Then I tried to explain the best I could. Hug your kids tight..We never know..

Two years before I retired we had our first lock down inservice training and video with the sheriff's dept and practice (without students in the building) I don't know if it was old age or the sudden realization that there was no where left for children to be safe but I bawled my eyes out through it all. Even the deputy talked to me later to be sure I was ok.

Our only thoughts during the drills are the protection of those little ones with you. I cannot imagine the fear but I do know how very brave they all were.

I knew I had only two more years to go before retirement but I also realized it was the end of something very significant. Something had been lost that would never return again.

The security at the school I worked was excellent but yes the school could have been broken into when the front doors shut automatically because there are windows all around.

Do you take away the daylight too?

My 5 year old came home from school today and told me 20 kids had died, I asked him who told him about that he said his teacher, he said they talked about where to go if they had to..then he began to tell me what they did in class and he told me there was a policeman at his school. DH and I had a long discussion with him tonight about what hapened and the bad people. This was a hardest talk I have had with my five year old.. He wanted to know if the policeman got the bad people, I told him the bad person died and he said did the policeman do it.. Then I tried to explain the best I could. Hug your kids tight..We never know..

Yikes, so young to even try to understand this, heck, I don't even fully understand all this. Do you agree with your sons teacher talking about this. I teach kindergarten, I overheard a couple of students talking about this issue. One stated during play time that he was going to shoot the class, the other responded with "just like the crazy guy who shoots kids". I pulled these 2 kids aside and talked to them about this. We talked about our rule of not using guns in our play time, even pretend ones. We talked about "the crazy guy" as they called him, that he died too and that he will never ever hurt anyone again. Im not sure I want to talk about this issue to the whole class, as I feel it is opening up a can of worms that will put worries about safety into these young peanuts. I feel they are too young to discuss and understand this. Anyone else have ideas?

Are you in CT?

I wonder if anything can be traced via the IPS address of the home? Which sites were visited, etc.? I don't know much about that sort of thing.

I'm sure those warrants were signed and delivered by Saturday.

Let us hope some information can be recovered.

Something tells me AL knew how to cover his tracks.

I am not sure where the self inflicted gun shot was so don't know if that is possible. Have you heard anything about that? ty

I heard what he said at the press conference.
I wish I could find a transcript somewhere!

It was the way he worded it that made it
very clear how he had done it to me.

I'd don't want to paraphrase...
I'd rather link... but it was something like
the killer (did it in such a way that there was no chance
he would be "recoverable")

After hearing that I am pretty sure how he did it
but it is just MOO
I will spare ya the gory details.

I agree. Also, until now we hear of no actual documentation of "Asperger's".

It could be that in an optimistic way, NL could have fit his behavior into Asperger's syndrome, enabling her to cope. Maybe he was actually diagnosed with a serious mental illness and she couldn't deal with it. He was at the perfect age for a schizophrenia to really show itself too.

The reason I'm questioning his actual diagnosis as "Asperger's" is because she seemed so upset and stunned that he wasn't able to be demonstrative with affection. This is an extremely common thing with people who have AS and I'm sure she did plenty of research on what could be wrong with him, so I don't know why this would be so upsetting for her.

I cannot speak for anyone else but the parents of children I've worked with never give up the hope their child will let them hug them one day or vice versa. They know and understand that is part of the diagnosis but they still keep hoping.

It might be because of patient's rights and confidentiality....

I don't know, just guessing, I'm not a legal expert..

I don't know either, but doesn't that end in death fo the patient. I don't know just speculating. jmo

should be of

I heard what he said at the press conference.
I wish I could find a transcript somewhere!

It was the way he worded it that made it
very clear how he had done it to me.

I'd don't want to paraphrase...
I'd rather link... but it was something like
the killer (did it in such a way that there was no chance
he would be "recoverable")

After hearing that I am pretty sure how he did it
but it is just MOO
I will spare ya the gory details.

Ya, me too. jmo

Yes!

They should already have search warrants sent to their internet carrier for the home...and from there, they should get some great information. It just takes awhile.

JMO

That was said during the 12 ish presser. Also, yes they can take the IP address and see what sites were visited. It was done at my work.

Two years before I retired we had our first lock down inservice training and video with the sheriff's dept and practice (without students in the building) I don't know if it was old age or the sudden realization that there was no where left for children to be safe but I bawled my eyes out through it all. Even the deputy talked to me later to be sure I was ok.

Our only thoughts during the drills are the protection of those little ones with you. I cannot imagine the fear but I do know how very brave they all were.

I knew I had only two more years to go before retirement but I also realized it was the end of something very significant. Something had been lost that would never return again.

The security at the school I worked was excellent but yes the school could have been broken into when the front doors shut automatically because there are windows all around.

Do you take away the daylight too?

Thank You for protecting our little ones under your watch!

My son liked seeing the policeman as he calls them at the school..our door and windows have some type of screen between the glass..it looks strange but maybe it does help protect the glass from being shot out.

Yikes, so young to even try to understand this, heck, I don't even fully understand all this. Do you agree with your sons teacher talking about this. I teach kindergarten, I overheard a couple of students talking about this issue. One stated during play time that he was going to shoot the class, the other responded with "just the crazy guy who shoots kids". I pulled these 2 kids aside and talked to them about this. We talked about our rule of not using guns in our play time, even pretend ones. We talked about "the crazy guy" as they called him, that he died too and that he will never ever hurt anyone again. Im not sure I want to talk about this issue to the whole class, as I feel it is opening up a can of worms that will put worries about safety into these young peanuts. I feel they are too young to discuss and understand this. Anyone else have ideas?

Are you in CT?

Oh how I love Kindergarten students!

Some schools may have asked the teachers to talk about it. I'm sure most schools will be having lockdown drills soon.

Usually the counselor at the school where I worked told the teachers at our school after Columbine to address it to the whole class if a student inquired about it.

I guess it just depends. Sounds like you did the right thing in your situation.

I know this was discussed before but I hadn't seen a follow up and I have a few questions because my hinky meter registered to Huh?. A man ran into the woods and was handcuffed by LE. I found an article that said who it was. Initials are CM. article states his wife volunteers in the classroom a lot, they have a six year old daughter. CM was there to make gingerbread houses with the class. First, I thought I read gingerbread house making was later in the day. Second, why was he not in the school with wife/daughter? Third why did he take off running into the woods from police- he said he heard shots and smelled sulfur and was going around the school to enter. Why was he wearing camo pants and dark jacket, I believe he works for the schools as an athletic director so attire is odd. It could all be bad timing, etc, but I wanted to get opinions from the good posters of WS. TIA
Ps. Hinky meter might have been a little whack considering when I searched the name one of the results was him living in Durango CO and I immediately associated it with Dylan Redwine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hool-shooting-20121214,0,1650719.story?page=2
http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy-hook-man-in-the-woods-video-2012-12

Don't you think it could be upsetting simply because mothers want to be able to connect and bond with their children, and want them to have the ability to connect and bond with others?

At first, sure---but it's a very basic part of many people with Asperger's along with the obsession with a very few subjects, social awkwardness, etc. She seemed to be very disturbed about it well into his teens--one would think she had at least become used to it.

I don't know either, but doesn't that end in death fo the patient. I don't know just speculating. jmo

should be of

At this point, any of his medical documentation would be considered evidence? I'm not sure.

He was certainly determined to destroy what could have enlightened investigators to his state of mind wasn't he .. hard drive, his mother, himself. I wonder what they found at home, perhaps he wanted to have control of the perceived motive, but was afraid that his mother / brain physiology / hard drives would paint a different story.

I know this was discussed before but I hadn't seen a follow up and I have a few questions because my hinky meter registered to Huh?. A man ran into the woods and was handcuffed by LE. I found an article that said who it was. Initials are CM. article states his wife volunteers in the classroom a lot, they have a six year old daughter. CM was there to make gingerbread houses with the class. First, I thought I read gingerbread house making was later in the day. Second, why was he not in the school with wife/daughter? Third why did he take off running into the woods from police- he said he heard shots and smelled sulfur and was going around the school to enter. Why was he wearing camo pants and dark jacket, I believe he works for the schools as an athletic director so attire is odd. It could all be bad timing, etc, but I wanted to get opinions from the good posters of WS. TIA
Ps. Hinky meter might have been a little whack considering when I searched the name one of the results was him living in Durango CO and I immediately associated it with Dylan Redwine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...hool-shooting-20121214,0,1650719.story?page=2
http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy-hook-man-in-the-woods-video-2012-12

Come on ... he probably wore those pants because he likes them, he was there as a parent to do the gingerbread houses and maybe he ran away in sheer terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna