Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to question his nutrition as well!
"Vegans" don't look like this.
I have however seen a few "Raw Vegans" that did
With her garden were they on a "Raw" diet maybe?
View attachment 28634

I realize we do not know his diagnosis. Regarding the question of his nutrition, I have worked with several Autistic kids, Many of them had a very limited diet. This was due to their "routine" habits. One child would only eat hotdogs or chicken nuggets. The parents could not get him to eat or even try anything else. If he did not eat one of these foods, his whole day was thrown off. Perhaps AL had a very habitual diet that he stuck to. Perhaps this is why NL was trying to teach him to cook, as we just recently read in a link.

Blondy--- The parents divorced in 2009, sames year AL dropped out of college after about 1 year there...

Who's to say why he dropped out?

Maybe the divorce was part of it

Maybe AL knew his mom needed him home to help her now that she was alone

Maybe AL never got used to the "adult" environment that colleges have and had trouble adjusting to college life..

"The parents divorced in 2009, sames year AL dropped out of college after about 1 year there..."

Oh my I hadn't realized that. Thanks.

I'm not a nurse and have questions!

I can't get over how much he looks like Karen Carpenter before she died of anorexia.

He reminded me of Warren Jeffs (who I think is crazy) especially the photos when he was on a hunger strike in jail and allegedly being fed through a tube inserted in his nose.

There is a serial hoaxer posing as a relative and giving out bad info. One piece of info he gave was that AL was on an anti-psychotic. So, of course we have removed that information.

AFAIK- we have no indication regarding his medical care at all. We do not know what, if any, kind of care he was getting.

The FALSE information about him being on the anti-psychotic drug got repeated today on FOX. (Megan Kelley's show) I wanted to scream!! :what:

It might be because of patient's rights and confidentiality....

The Lanza's mental health counselors might be keeping quiet because they're seeking legal counsel on what and how to say it in a statement...this can be very delicate in a legal respect, not to open cans or worms for lawsuits, etc

I don't know, just guessing, I'm not a legal expert..

I'm sure there are some people circling the wagons and have lawyers on retainer now.
Wonder when the first lawsuit will be.

She was the mediator for their divorce so I assume it was not in a therapy type session, KWIM? IOW, this could be in court docs aka public info. Parenting plan and all that.
Just a guess. I will see what else I can find out.

ETA:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/divorce-mom-authority-conn-shooter-17997608

In working through the terms of their divorce, the couple spent considerable time talking about how to provide for Adam Lanza's well-being, said Paula Levy, a mediator who worked with the couple.
During their meetings, the couple mentioned that Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, an autism-like disorder, Levy said. But the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition, Levy said.

While she would not disclose details of their discussions, Levy wanted to make clear that the Lanzas were loving parents who wanted the best for their son.

Thank you for the reference JBean.
It's just that I am hearing there was a diagnosis, but not anything else. It's kind of old news. And the behavior characteristics (as explained by school personnel and Nancy's friends) suggest he has evolved passed that original diagnosis (attempting to burn himself with lighter). They agree on how to "address his needs"...they want the best for him...

It's all strangely vague. Maybe it's just my weird take, but simply agreeing on how to "address his needs" seems, well... odd. Perfunctory. Without depth or discussion.

Well, perhaps it's me that's odd. ok. I will rest my case, and crawl back under my rock

I know... but what about the Dance Revolution? OCD? With psychosis?
Thank you. I had been wanting to see a picture of them side by side! You read my mind. Thanks. Is there any way to make the pictures just a little bigger?
Here ya go!
picture.php

We know so little of how brain works. So I don't buy into this "abnormal scan" mambo jumbo.
This is what we call a popularity piece. It was written to lay people, it popularizes your name, it helps your career. It does not negate what he is doing in the research community.
What mental diseases is he able to cure?
Oh no you di'int just dis the validity of new research? :floorlaugh:
Seriously, research has a place. When I finish my graduate work, I intend to go into neurology research rather than clinical. That's where my heart is.

The mother had season tickets to the Red Sox according to neighbors on CNN. The bar that mom went to 2-3 times per week is on the news now.

According to friends at the bar: In the last 3 years, the mom picked up the hobby of gun collecting and target shooting.

Just sharing how this event is changing things in my childrens school. My first grader has a holiday concert this week. The school has given us tickets. First time ever tickets have been used.

If you don't have a ticket, you're not getting in.

On CNN: Her friends stated that she would have locked up her guns. "She was far too smart to leave the guns laying around."

(Apparently she didn't adequately hide the keys.)

On CNN: Her friends stated that she would have locked up her guns. "She was far too smart to leave the guns laying around."

(Apparently she didn't adequately hide the keys.)

Thats great that she locked them up, but was the key accessible to AL. It was stated that he went to the driving range on his own as well. Did he go to the locked cabinet and get the guns out or did she hold the key on her.

On HLN the video game that AL was obsessed with was World of Warcraft

Shaking my head! All I can think is OMG and the urge is there to scream out uncontrollably.
I'm wondering if people didn't just seem him as a quirky genius type. So far nothing to indicate he had shown any violent or hateful tendencies.

I don't believe we have a cure for any of the mental diseases.
That's why I say we know very little of how the brain works.
That's why we're researching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members