Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine brought up an idea to me. She says when all the names of the victims are released, and we know a little more about the (favorite things, dreams, goals, achievements) that she is going to spend 27 days doing one act of random kindness a day in the name of each victim and on the 28th day doing a full day of volunteer work here in our community.

I don't know why I'm bringing it up, I just think it's a beautiful tribute idea, and can bring some good in their names. The full day of volunteering/community service is to obliterate the memory of his evil with something good and honest, while making sure that the victims are remembered and honored.

hmm did killer have FG syndrome???
Like "rain man" Kim Peek?

"But there were others crises only a mother could solve."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FG_syndrome"]FG syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

A 2008 study concluded that Kim Peek, who was the basis for the Dustin Hoffman character in the movie Rain Man, probably had FG syndrome.

"established that it was linked to inheritance of the X chromosome"

Did they say he shot her with the Bushmaster? 4 times?
With hollow point bullets?
I don't recall... I thought he shot her
with gun that was found in the backseat!!!
in order to get the Glock, Sig and Bushmaster...
Oh my!
If so ........nevermind... just wow!

If he was so smart she couldn't hide a key from him anyway...
IMO
yes they were hollow point bullets they just never said the words.
"The chief medical examiner has said the ammunition was the type designed to break up inside a victim's body and inflict the maximum amount of damage, tearing apart bone and tissue."

Read more: Connecticut school gunman Adam Lanza had hundreds of rounds of ammunition - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nationwor...-had-hundreds-rounds-ammunition#ixzz2FNNfSyFh
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I don't know much of anything about hollow point bullets (or anything gun related) but my heart sank when I read that. He aimed for the most destruction possible it seems. He was not confused on that point.

~ Respectfully snipped ~
I was surprised myself, Abby. ESRB rates Warcraft as teen. My husband plays FPS (first person shooter) games a lot. That's what I think of when I think violent video games.
I was expecting first person shooter as well. I don't know.

I haven't seen this discussed but I wondered that myself. Could it be possible that this is the closet "place" to his home to committ such mass destruction? I haven't seen that discussed either.

Unsure but it was mentioned on a news report that he would have passed up another school/s on his way to Sandy Hook.

FG syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 2008 study concluded that Kim Peek, who was the basis for the Dustin Hoffman character in the movie Rain Man, probably had FG syndrome.

AL didn't have severe mental retardation or outgoing personality. So it doesn't fit at all.

OT...but soon after my brother's OCD/possible schizophrenia presented when he was about 18, he, too became a vegetarian and later, vegan. Just thought it was interesting that this seems to be a not uncommon thread with some of these disorders (for lack of a better word.)

FG syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The characteristics of FG syndrome just don't seem to fit AL, IMO.

A vegan diet is much more restrictive than a vegetarian one, but I am not saying a vegan diet would necessarily cause this behavior. But if he already had underlying nutritional deficiencies--like low levels of zinc or B6 or iron--a vegan diet could be very detrimental. Especially if his mother didn't know how much would have to be supplemented to replace any dairy or animal fats or protein. Vegetables and legumes, while very healthy and important, of course, are not nearly as nutrient-dense in some of the important vitamins/minerals as meat, eggs or dairy. It just takes much more work to duplicate this with a vegan diet, and some people's bodies are not built to run off of vegan diets (other people's are)--they can't get all the nutrients they need to function well.

When was it said that AL was on vegan diet?

I haven't seen this discussed but I wondered that myself. Could it be possible that this is the closet "place" to his home to committ such mass destruction? I haven't seen that discussed either.

I've been assuming it had to do with that particular classroom. Who is the original teacher for that class? There was a sub in that day.. Maybe Adam had hatred for the original teacher?
did he attend that school? Was he a student in that classroom in his younger years?

This feature from the Washington Post has biographies and photos of most of the Sandy Hook victims.

I must say that I don't have children, nor do I really want them, but reading the obituaries of these little people broke my heart. The pride they all took in their accomplishments - from little Benjamin Wheeler who was proud to have sat still long enough to play a solo at his recent piano recital :) to James Mattioli who learned to ride a bike without training wheels, or Chase Kowalski, who had just completed his first triathlon - really struck me. Sure, not all of them would have grown up to win a Nobel Prize or win a Super Bowl, but they ALL deserved to grow up.

I think sometimes it's easy for me, as a childless adult, to forget how much PERSONALITY even little kids have, but reading the biographies of these kids emphasized for me that they are all "real people" whose loss will be felt so acutely by the whole world.

It makes me sick that this could happen.

I've been assuming it had to do with that particular classroom. Who is the original teacher for that class? There was a sub in that day.. Maybe Adam had hatred for the original teacher?
did he attend that school? Was he a student in that classroom in his younger years?

I believe it was finally determined that he had NO link to the school. Is this correct?

OT...but soon after my brother's OCD/possible schizophrenia presented when he was about 18, he, too became a vegetarian and later, vegan. Just thought it was interesting that this seems to be a not uncommon thread with some of these disorders (for lack of a better word.)

I worked in community mental health center for the last 2 yrs and with many clts with schizophrenia, OCD, psychosis and did not come across even 1 vegetarian or vegan. I would not say it is "common". MOO.

I am not sure he ever attended that school. There are conflicting reports on whether he did or not. His mother didn't work there either.

Dr Stone is on Fox ... which is interesting when they let him speak ...

ETA: Over .. I'd actually like to see a longer interview with him, I think he has a lot of interesting takes on things.

I believe it was finally determined that he had NO link to the school. Is this correct?

just wondering, does that include no link to a person who was supposed to be in the school? Like the original teacher of that classroom?

I have seen some really good talk about AL's various afflictions, be it autism or what not. Good talk about his mom's life style, be it the restaurant or gun collecting. Good talk about video games.

I truly apologize for having to ask, but these threads move fast and I can't get through all the threads, but has there been any talk about why AL went to the school that morning and killed so many innocents? Also, why there as opposed to a mall or a movie theater? TIA

I think most of us can't even begin to comprehend. I suspect he wanted to cause the most damage possible in the least amount of time. Small children were an easy target. But I don't know.

Other speculations have been that he might have felt relatively normal until about the age he started school, where he began his downward spiral. He may see school, early grades, as where his pain all started. There may be a connection in his head.

Others have said he was 20 years old, and he killed exactly 20 babies. One for each year.

I've heard a lot of theories, but I think all in all we simply can't even logically asses what was in such an illogical mind. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle