Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm did killer have FG syndrome???
Like "rain man" Kim Peek?

"But there were others crises only a mother could solve."

FG syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 2008 study concluded that Kim Peek, who was the basis for the Dustin Hoffman character in the movie Rain Man, probably had FG syndrome.

"established that it was linked to inheritance of the X chromosome"

It is impossible to know if AL had any sort of syndrome, unless testing was done. I would give anything to know what kind of testing had already been done on him. Allegedly, he had "Asperger's Syndrome" and a condition that caused him to not feel pain. Those two things together are odd.... and not related, which means to me, perhaps, he was misdiagnosed. There are so many new genetic testing tools available. I don't think the general public is aware of what is currently possibly, or how rapidly the information database is expanding. I would love to see current state-of-the-art genetic testing done on AL. I would also like to see it done on James Holmes, and other recent killers. If a common mutation, deletion, duplication, etc. could be found in their genome, perhaps we could learn to identify people at risk, and create therapy for treating what is basically evil... I know - wishful thinking.... but I still want to see the data...

I wonder why the police returned to the killer's house tonight in the dark for 2 1/2 hours.

It is impossible to know if AL had any sort of syndrome, unless testing was done. I would give anything to know what kind of testing had already been done on him. Allegedly, he had "Asperger's Syndrome" and a condition that caused him to not feel pain. Those two things together are odd.... and not related, which means to me, perhaps, he was misdiagnosed. ...

A side effect of autism could be insensitivity to pain. So it actually fits with Asperger's.

AL didn't have severe mental retardation or outgoing personality. So it doesn't fit at all.

Neither did Kim Peek he was a genius that could read a book and memorize it...
one page with the left eye one page with the right.
He even memorized the bible.

I believe it was finally determined that he had NO link to the school. Is this correct?

That is what has been stated that he had no contact meaning he never went there as a student so that does not make sense with his going to the school the day before and getting into an altercation if that remains true.

Supposedly he killed three out of four that he argued with the previous day and the fourth did not go to work that day.

That is what has been stated that he had no contact meaning he never went there as a student so that does not make sense with his going to the school the day before and getting into an altercation if that remains true.

Supposedly he killed three out of four that he argued with the previous day and the fourth did not go to work that day.

Is the fourth one the class that it happened in??

According to wikipedia his IQ was below average. Although he did have a remarkable memory.
Nobody described AL in that way.

I believe the report that he argued with teachers the day prior was erroneous.

I worked in community mental health center for the last 2 yrs and with many clts with schizophrenia, OCD, psychosis and did not come across even 1 vegetarian or vegan. I would not say it is "common". MOO.

Well, I did say "not uncommon" and perhaps I am wrong, or in my brother's case, it has more to do with his OCD. He finds most foods repulsive.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...cy-lanza-prepper-movement-adam-lanza-marsha-l

Doomsday prepping appears to be a type of compulsive hoarding, IMO.

I am not sure NL was hoarding... or necessarily a doomsday person. I think she had too much time on her hands, thanks to a large alimony payment, and she was stressed with being the caretaker of a son who she loved very much, but was obviously spiraling out of control. NL had very few relief outlets. Her own ex-husband, and father of AL, did not stay in contact. How do you walk away from that?? Why have we not heard anything from NL's 'best friend' - if there was one??? So sad... for NL, and for the rest of us, now that we are dealing with the results. Ugghhh ....

I wonder why the police returned to the killer's house tonight in the dark for 2 1/2 hours.
Me too! And it was said that they were "in a hurry" - kinda like they sped in. Also, they said the house was dark and it was speculated that maybe they were in the basement.

Lt. Vance said today that they will "release the story" - IOW I took that to mean that they will release a complete narrative of the entire crime. But that is going to take time - a lot of time. We just have to be patient. Probably won't hear anything now until after the first and the holidays.

I'm willing to wait........

JMHO

I'd also point out that IF she was "stockpiling" stuff and turning her home
into a "bunker" as the sis n law said...
I HIGHLY doubt she had any plans to move anywhere.

IMO people who hunker down ... stay.

so again two stories... one likely untrue.

Well you know that Friday is the day? December 21,2012 the last day of the Mayan Calendar.

I'm afraid all I have is canned tuna to eat and a bat for protection.

Kim Peek did not have a high or even average IQ. He was unable to live on his own and relied on his father to assist him with basic self-care tasks, including dressing (he was unable to button a shirt) and personal hygiene.

He did have extraordinary abilities, but that may be because his brain made other connections to compensate for his agenesis of the corpus callosum.

Rita Cosby says:
Neighbors didn't really know the shooter. I have talked to so many neighbors. Neighbors that lived there 8 years never met the shooter. Friends told us that the mom felt it would build his self confidence to learn and use guns.

I just wish it was, for instance, guitars to build self confidence instead of gun shooting.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...cy-lanza-prepper-movement-adam-lanza-marsha-l

Doomsday prepping appears to be a type of compulsive hoarding, IMO.

Hoarding food and weapons preparing for... yet she went and bought salads two to three times a week...
but was trying to teach him to cook...
and drive... if the world is going to end what is the point? :waitasec:

It is impossible to know if AL had any sort of syndrome, unless testing was done. I would give anything to know what kind of testing had already been done on him. Allegedly, he had "Asperger's Syndrome" and a condition that caused him to not feel pain. Those two things together are odd.... and not related, which means to me, perhaps, he was misdiagnosed. There are so many new genetic testing tools available. I don't think the general public is aware of what is currently possibly, or how rapidly the information database is expanding. I would love to see current state-of-the-art genetic testing done on AL. I would also like to see it done on James Holmes, and other recent killers. If a common mutation, deletion, duplication, etc. could be found in their genome, perhaps we could learn to identify people at risk, and create therapy for treating what is basically evil... I know - wishful thinking.... but I still want to see the data...

I hope they do send his blood out for genetic tests..

LE pealing into the driveway? What could be THAT urgent?
Unless they found people he was linked to considering
doing the same thing!
~just bother's me

This feature from the Washington Post has biographies and photos of most of the Sandy Hook victims.

I must say that I don't have children, nor do I really want them, but reading the obituaries of these little people broke my heart. The pride they all took in their accomplishments - from little Benjamin Wheeler who was proud to have sat still long enough to play a solo at his recent piano recital :) to James Mattioli who learned to ride a bike without training wheels, or Chase Kowalski, who had just completed his first triathlon - really struck me. Sure, not all of them would have grown up to win a Nobel Prize or win a Super Bowl, but they ALL deserved to grow up.

I think sometimes it's easy for me, as a childless adult, to forget how much PERSONALITY even little kids have, but reading the biographies of these kids emphasized for me that they are all "real people" whose loss will be felt so acutely by the whole world.

It makes me sick that this could happen.

Soooo sick, I agree. And the children? All little precious rays of sunshine!

Well you know that Friday is the day? December 21,2012 the last day of the Mayan Calendar.

I'm afraid all I have is canned tuna to eat and a bat for protection.

I have a napkin tooth picks and tap water!
And a male dog that will bark at you back up
:floorlaugh: and spray pee on you
at the same time!

Is there a link to LE going back to the house in the dark? I missed it. That is very interesting, IMO. I wonder if there were vandals reported?

Is there a link to LE going back to the house in the dark? I missed it. That is very interesting, IMO. I wonder if there were vandals reported?

LE was was guarding the crime scene...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member