Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he looked so hollow eyed and skinny I wondered if he had a brain tumor..didnt that shooter at the tower in Austin Texas at the college have a tumor?

That is what has been stated that he had no contact meaning he never went there as a student so that does not make sense with his going to the school the day before and getting into an altercation if that remains true.

Supposedly he killed three out of four that he argued with the previous day and the fourth did not go to work that day.

I saw it reported early, early this morning that it has been confirmed there was no altercation? CNN, I think.

I have been reading here but I dont think I have posted. I have been soooo upset over this tragedy. I have been thinking a lot about him shooting his mother first. I have a couple thoughts which are only my own from a wondering mind. I do believe he may have formed a dislike for his mother. I wonder too if his plan was to kill but leave his mother to suffer mental anquish over what he did. Maybe he planned to hurt her.She could have walked in on him trying to get the guns from her room so he had to kill her. This woman had money and a very sick son. Why on Gods earth didnt she take him to a private psychiatrist? I believe she may have been able to at least prevent this tragedy by doing so. Was his father told how bad things were getting? At a time such as this one does not worry about what people will say. The father would have been told to help with medical bills.From what I have read I dont think he was aware of the whole situation. Lastly, why on gods earth did she keep an arsenal in her house??? Was she "book smart and life stupid?" When a person is truly mentally ill one never knows what they are really capable of doing. IMOO.:twocents: :please:

Mikki's school had a drill today. I knew about it because I have a friend who lives by the school. She said they had to RUN all the way to the corner. (This was after gym!). Her teacher lives down the street from me, another teacher lives across from my friend who saw the kids 'practicing'. I feel comfortable that my kids' school (and my neighbors) love my kids - and will look out for them.

IMO, the issue here is mental illness. People want to tiptoe around the issue - more gun regulation, more safety at schools etc. - The truth is, we need to watch out for each other. If someone has a severe mental illness, it needs to be addressed - if not by the family or the community, then legislatively.

IMO, severe mental illness (I'm not talking ASD) is a public health issue.

Where I grew up - Lima, OH - there was a facility there for the criminally insane - we knew there were people that were criminals, but insane - this was explained to us at a young age.

I could go on, but I won't :censored:

jmo

But I just don't know what that looks like. Almost everyone of us knows someone who might be off and may have an issue. But to predict that they could blow up like this is an impossibility usually, IMO.

And if we do sense they could be dangerous, then what? What can we do then?

Mother was reportedly in bed in pajamas. So probably sleeping. Also reportedly shot multiple times. So it sure looks like he intended for her to be dead.

I have been reading here but I dont think I have posted. I have been soooo upset over this tragedy. I have been thinking a lot about him shooting his mother first. I have a couple thoughts which are only my own from a wondering mind. I do believe he may have formed a dislike for his mother. I wonder too if his plan was to kill but leave his mother to suffer mental anquish over what he did. Maybe he planned to hurt her.She could have walked in on him trying to get the guns from her room so he had to kill her. This woman had money and a very sick son. Why on Gods earth didnt she take him to a private psychiatrist? I believe she may have been able to at least prevent this tragedy by doing so. Was his father told how bad things were getting? At a time such as this one does not worry about what people will say. The father would have been told to help with medical bills.From what I have read I dont think he was aware of the whole situation. Lastly, why on gods earth did she keep an arsenal in her house??? Was she "book smart and life stupid?" When a person is truly mentally ill one never knows what they are really capable of doing. IMOO.:twocents: :please:

It has been said that Mom was a gun collector.
I wish she had had a different hobby, personally. But we can't go back in time, nor can she.

Hi Nore :seeya:

About killing his mother - she was found in bed, in her night clothes, personally - JMHO - I think he shot her in her sleep. He shot her multiple (I heard 4 - also heard 2) times in the head - at least once in the face (if not all).

That's rage - that's personal. That's why it took so long on Friday to ID and verify that it was, in fact, her. Horrible......

Also, just something I caught - don't know about the verification. But I read where she was found face-down in bed. Well, if he shot her in the face - and she was found face down - then he would have had to roll her over after the fact.

But I do believe that she was shot in her sleep and not an instance of her walking in on him getting the guns or any type of altercation with her.

HTH

JMHO

you have probably discussed all of these issues, but here is a clip from one of our news sites....it is pretty in depth...dont know if all is true though.

And I will say it and I know she was a victim and loved her children, I personally think there is more to the mother/son relationship that no one really knows or will never know about as I think she was a bit odd. Sorry if that upsets anyone but it is just my opinion after reading a rew articles.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...nzas-gun-rampage/story-e6frf7jo-1226538420138

It has been said that Mom was a gun collector.
I wish she had had a different hobby, personally. But we can't go back in time, nor can she.

Collecting stamps or coins would have been a much better idea.

Flipping through news... Here is a quote, regarding early use of meds. At least it is a quote from someone who directly provided care for AL. Thereby, possibly more reliable.

Article title: Adam Lanza's Family Kept a Close Watch on Him
"As early as age 10, Adam Lanza was taking medication, according to his former baby sitter, Ryan Kraft, now an aerospace engineer in Hermosa Beach.
"I know there was something administered. I'm not sure what," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-shooter-profile-20121218,0,7751800.story

Has there been any mention of where he got the body armour? I can't tell from reports so far whether he drove himself around much, carried money, or had a credit card to order things. Some reports make him seem incapable of leaving the home, and some sound as if he was brilliant and headed for a college career.

I haven't been able to post about this tragedy I haven't been able to come here since The Powell children were murdered But I had to come back after I thought about it I knew I needed my websleuths family so here I am with virtual hugs for all I love you guys

Has there been any mention of where he got the body armour? I can't tell from reports so far whether he drove himself around much, carried money, or had a credit card to order things. Some reports make him seem incapable of leaving the home, and some sound as if he was brilliant and headed for a college career.

There have been no reports, but my guess is the same place the rest of them get it-over the internet.

There have been no reports, but my guess is the same place the rest of them get it-over the internet.
Hey - what you just - something else clicked. I thought on the net too - BUT remember we got rumors that he had gone to a Dick's Sporting goods that Tuesday and tried to buy another gun - maybe he did go to Dick's but not to buy a gun - rather to buy the vest and gear?

The vest and gear were easy to get.............but I'm willing to bet LE will find out the where, when and how of that gear....

JMHO

I haven't been able to post about this tragedy I haven't been able to come here since The Powell children were murdered But I had to come back after I thought about it I knew I needed my websleuths family so here I am with virtual hugs for all I love you guys

Welcome back rb.:grouphug:

I've been looking for any reference to any precipitating event(s). I think this possibly the only quote I've seen at this point:

"Less than a week before the rampage, she shared her concerns that another regular at her favourite Newtown restaurant. "She said it was getting worse," the friend told the New York Daily News. "She was having trouble reaching him."

[http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9751240/Connecticut-school-shooting-Adam-Lanzas-mother-thought-guns-would-teach-him-responsibility.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95