Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was going around checking out places where he could be institutionalized but told him and neighbors etc. that she was looking at colleges.

Nancy and Peter had devoted all they could to help AL, jmo. It has been reported and written that Nancy had never really talked about AL, it was RL that she would talk about. Yet it was said that just a week or so ago she made comment that she "felt that she was losing him". That to me is major to go from no conversation to losing him. It has been reported that ATF/FBI has found out that she had not taken him to "the range" for 6 months. I am waiting to hear if she did work at the school, but iirc early on it was said it is the school he attended and that she would "volunteer", (probably just to sit in the class with him). I think he was deteriorating fast from what ever it is that was wrong with him.

OMG the man who lived near the school and took in the kids after they escaped is coming up on CNN. Poor man, he's crying. God Bless him. :(

I watched that at noon hour....heart breaking. The man hopes the families come back to visit him as he wants to make sure the kids are ok.

OMG the man who lived near the school and took in the kids after they escaped is coming up on CNN. Poor man, he's crying. God Bless him. :(

He was a basket case on FOX early, had me bawling. Good luck

Authorities establish timeline of gun purchases in Connecticut school shooting

By Michael Isikoff
NBC News

The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that Nancy Lanza, who friends described as a gun enthusiast, purchased the weapons legally over a three-year period, beginning in 2010 with a Bushmaster XM-15 .223-caliber semi-automatic assault-style rifle -- the weapon that authorities say 20-year-old Adam Lanza used to mow down the victims in Friday’s rampage. She then bought a 9 mm Sig Sauer pistol in 2011, followed by a 10 mm Glock pistol in January 2012. Both weapons also were in Adam Lanza’s possession during his attack on the school, and he used the latter to kill himself when police arrived on the scene, authorities say.

In addition to the weapons recovered at the crime scene, including a shotgun recovered from the trunk of the car the gunman drove to the school, the Associated Press reported that authorities investigating the shooting recovered three other weapons -- a Henry repeating rifle, an Enfield rifle and a shotgun. It was not clear where those weapons were found.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-gun-purchases-in-connecticut-school-shooting

Nancy and Peter had devoted all they could to help AL, jmo. It has been reported and written that Nancy had never really talked about AL, it was RL that she would talk about. Yet it was said that just a week or so ago she made comment that she "felt that she was losing him". That to me is major to go from no conversation to losing him. It has been reported that ATF/FBI has found out that she had not taken him to "the range" for 6 months. I am waiting to hear if she did work at the school, but iirc early on it was said it is the school he attended and that she would "volunteer", (probably just to sit in the class with him). I think he was deteriorating fast from what ever it is that was wrong with him.

There was one person who claimed she didn't talk about AL. But lots more people say she did talk about him.

Stumbled upon this just surfing the Internet. Now a few websites that I saw this on are some "conspiracy theory" type sites, so I decided to search for just the actual map that I guess you could order before the movie came out? Anyways, what I'm talking about is a special map of the attack zones of Bane in the movie The Dark Knight Rises that I guess you could order and I think it came with a t-shirt too. I haven't done much reading or research on this, so if it needs to be deleted I'll understand. I just thought it was very eerie in light of the recent tragedy. Let me know if you guys saw what I saw and what you think of this "coincidence". Again, I understand if this needs to be deleted at any time. Here's one link:

http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-dark-knight-rises-viral-package

Wow. If he was interested at all in the Aurora shooter, this is possibly more than just a "coincidence".

I know the the father and brother of AL are also taking the time they need to grieve. They lost 2 loved ones. I just hope that someday, hopefully soon one of them steps up and tells us what they might know about AL. I wonder how much contact NL and PL have had in the recent months.

A heartbreaking first-person account from a mother with her own problem son:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...er-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html

I'm posting this in response to the "evil v. mental illness" question raised above. I think our understanding of mental illness is muddied by the very narrow definition used by the law.

We have discussed this woman before. I don't approve of her posting about her son in such a way.
So far he has not killed anyone, so I fail to see the reason for his own mother to link him will the mass shooters.

If all else fails, these are people that are ready, so to speak. I knew a guy that had his neighborhood mapped out. He even had tablets that would allow him to make his neighbors pool water drinkable. Some people do plan ahead.

My son is a prepper, but not real extreme. He has a spot for me in his safe room if it's ever needed. He is stocked up on food, water many canned meats, MREs, powdered milk, guns & ammo. He has a generator in case power goes out.

A bushmaster is a semi-automatic assault-style rifle. It's what was needed to do the most amount of damage in a short amount of time.

We were discussing whether NL locked her guns to keep them from AL. I really fail to see the reason to lock the rest of the guns while leaving him with an access to 0.22 rifle.

OK for anyone who has clarification on this issue would you mind please sharing what you know about the substitute first grade teachers classroom that appears to be targeted?.. or is this information incorrect as well?..i know it seemed at one point to be somewhat enmeshed with now known incorrect/false info of AL's altercation at the school the day before with 4 staff members, one being the teacher of this first grade class that were all killed...

we now know the entire altercation issue was false as a whole, but I am still seeing it consistently reported that the first grade class that were all killed(save the one little girl who played dead)... I'm seeing it still reported that the actual teacher whose class this was, was in fact NOT AT SCHOOL FRIDAY, and that there was a substitute teacher in charge of the first grade class at the time of the shooting...

can anyone clarify this particular information as to whether that is in fact true that there was a sub in that class for the day?(again I understand that the altercation info was false, but the sub issue seems to still be being reported)

TIA to anyone who can clear this up:)

OK for anyone who has clarification on this issue would you mind please sharing what you know about the substitute first grade teachers classroom that appears to be targeted?.. or is this information incorrect as well?..i know it seemed at one point to be somewhat enmeshed with now known incorrect/false info of AL's altercation at the school the day before with 4 staff members, one being the teacher of this first grade class that were all killed...

we now know the entire altercation issue was false as a whole, but I am still seeing it consistently reported that the first grade class that were all killed(save the one little girl who played dead)... I'm seeing it still reported that the actual teacher whose class this was, was in fact NOT AT SCHOOL FRIDAY, and that there was a substitute teacher in charge of the first grade class at the time of the shooting...

can anyone clarify this particular information as to whether that is in fact true that there was a sub in that class for the day?(again I understand that the altercation info was false, but the sub issue seems to still be being reported)

I seen news articles saying the substitute teacher was covering for a teacher on maternity leave and had been doing so for 6 weeks.

I can help a little. One of the 6 women that were killed was a substitute teacher - however, the report said she was a long-term (interim) sub and that the regular teacher was out on maternity leave. Please don't ask for a link - it would take me forever to find it. I do know it was verified that one adult victim was a substitute teacher in that classroom.

HTH

I believe I read that she was a long-term sub for a teacher who was on maternity leave. My guess is that she had been there a few weeks.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member