Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if alleged court documents are sealed about conservatorship (fox news) you can bet they will eventually be released after the investigation is completed. :twocents:

Not sure if this is OK to post here. If not please remove. This facebook page went from 2000 likes to over 9000 in a matter of minutes.
http://www.facebook.com/NewtownUnited You can leave them a message and share if you like.

bbm
But there was never any hint of violence. “He would start yelling and stuff like that,” the friend said. “He would never hit her. He would just act like a child when he got mad."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FXRx5tXS

Outburst of loud and/or profane speech, making others feel uncomfortable, and exhibiting increased restlessness are all signs of impending physical violence.

But, how many were witness to what happened behind closed doors?

Background checks do not apply at gun shows. Anyone can purchase a weapon with no information checked out! Now where the you know what did that idea come from!?

If I told you, I'd have to remove my tongue from my cheek. ;)

Aspergers is a form of autism. Psychiatrists are still learning and researching. I believe in the DSM 4 it is a separate diagnosis but psychiatrists are trying to have it be classified as "autism" and group it all together. I am not blaming the event on Aspergers but can see where the symptomology could have played a part in the event. I believe there are alot of psychosocial issues involved. I think we are all tryiing to understand the forensic psychology involved in this case. For me, it is so I can better understand how and why something so terrible could have occurred.

I agree with you. I am not saying he did not have Aspergers. I am just saying that if so, it was not his main problem and his only disorder. Generally, Aspies are not violent and premeditated in their rage and vengeance, from what I have been told. JMO

if alleged court documents are sealed about conservatorship (fox news) you can bet they will eventually be released after the investigation is completed. :twocents:
thank you thank you thank you - that's the way I read that too. Not a question of IF there were any conservatorship court records - but more of a YES there are but they are sealed. Whether NL was planning to have him "placed" somewhere, its possible she was just looking at options.

Now, did AL find out about this? Did he "sneak" around and found out on his own or did she out-right tell him? IMO he did know.

JMHO

So, according to that theory she wanted to have him committed? Yet she would leave him alone to go on "mini-vacations?" And in the house full of guns? How does that add up?
It just doesn't.

Maybe she had to flee her home days before the shooting, but never told anyone this. Maybe she was visiting potential residential facilities where she could place him once she had conservatorship. If he didn't want to be placed in residential care, she COULDN'T take him with her while looking at such facilities. Trying to find a "babysitter" for your adult son that is not quite normal would be very difficult.

Ok-----Lisa (don't know her last name) on Dr. Drew -said that NL took the <modsnip>to the shooting range because she was afraid to leave him home alone. On the other hand, she left him alone for several days while she was in NH. It can't be both ways. I REALLY wish that the media would choose one "storyline" and stick with it. IMO this <modsnip> was smart as a fox, and everyone including his Dad and brother knew it. There was a reason they didn't associate with him. I really don't believe the answer is the "new wife."

jmo ---and please don't think i am attacking the family--just thinking out loud.

I am thinking that his home while NL was away was in the basement - locked in, no windows and no way out. But, it is said he tried to buy a weapon on that Tuesday when his mother was in NH. Do we know if he was trying to buy the weapon on the internet or at a store? Has the gun store come forward?

So, according to that theory she wanted to have him committed? Yet she would leave him alone to go on "mini-vacations?" And in the house full of guns? How does that add up?

I saw the posts about her travels, but haven't seen any about where the son was during those travels. Do we know for sure that he was home alone for some or all of them? It seems extremely unlikely to me that she would have left him alone under the circumstances. Especially since we've heard over and over that she basically did everything for him, including speak and guide his movements, and told a sitter when he was younger not to leave him alone for a split second.

I think, though, if it is true that NL had MS, she would be diligent about making arrangements for AL's care should she get to a point where she simply could no longer care for him.

I wonder if the mini vacations were visits to facilities around the country in an attempt to see what sorts of options she had. IMHO, she loved her son very much and was probably very worried about their collective futures, especially if their respective conditions worsened.

This is assuming that NL actually did have MS, and that AL had a condition that was degenerative mentally. I don't think we can 100% rely on much of what has been reported, but I have seem some pretty sensible speculation here in these threads.

ETA: about leaving AL home with the guns......you got me. I just have no idea. It doesn't seem likely, but having those guns in the same house with him at ALL seems kind of risky, so who knows?

I am thinking that his home while NL was away was in the basement - locked in, no windows and no way out. But, it is said he tried to buy a weapon on that Tuesday when his mother was in NH. Do we know if he was trying to buy the weapon on the internet or at a store? Has the gun store come forward?

I †hink that turned out to be a rumor and wasn't true?

There is a place in Pennsylvania (sorry but I forgot the name) that is an excellent long term boarding facility for handicapped. I have a niece who is severely mentally and physically handicapped and has lived there for approx. 30 yrs and will spend the rest of her life there.

NL must have been at her wits end worrying about who would care for him when she was gone.

I saw the posts about her travels, but haven't seen any about where the son was during those travels. Do we know for sure that he was home alone for some or all of them? It seems extremely unlikely to me that she would have left him alone under the circumstances. Especially since we've heard over and over that she basically did everything for him, including speak and guide his movements, and told a sitter when he was younger not to leave him alone for a split second.

As far as I can tell, we haven't heard from anyone that she had a caretaker for him other than herself. One assumes at least some of her friends would have known if she had a caretaker for him.

It was a local Dick's Sporting Goods store. But they have said that report was wrong - it was a case of mistaken identity (?).

However, Dick's Sporting Goods chain - nationwide - have now pulled all the Bushmaster rifles from their shelves. So.....................................IDK

I'm finding that I have to take it all with a grain of salt and sift and sort out what "could be" from all this media mis-reporting.

O/T - here they just broke into the regular TV - there's been a 15 yr old shot in Miami and is currently in critical condition......AND our schools here have had several credible threats and all students have been told to NOT bring ANY BACKPACKS to school for the next 2 days.

JMHO

There is a place in Pennsylvania (sorry but I forgot the name) that is an excellent long term boarding facility for handicapped. I have a niece who is severely mentally and physically handicapped and has lived there for approx. 30 yrs and will spend the rest of her life there.

NL must have been at her wits end worrying about who would care for him when she was gone.

She was only 52, presumably nowhere near expecting to be gone any time soon.

When my family tried and eventually succeeded, temporarily, in having my brother, who was then 24, committed, it was very intense. But he was often left alone at my mom's house because he was kind of locked into his room, and isolated from us all. He was similar to Adam in some ways. He was very intelligent and focused on certain things, but also very disconnected and lacked compassion for others.

My mom would sometimes go stay at her moms if my stepdad was out of town for work, because she was afraid at times. My brother would be stable and rational at times, and then suddenly make no sense at all.

But when she would try and get him assessed, he was always able to hold it together in the interviews and seem to be 'alright' and not a threat to himself or others. Then he would be all psycho/nutzo on the way home in the car. One time we recorded him ranting and raving on the way back and threatening my mom. We played it for them but they told us to go to the cops with it and charge him for menacing behavior. :mad: And the next day he took my mom's fave loveseat out in the yard and stabbed it hundreds of times with an ice pick.

eta: My mom had a rifle, unloaded and locked up, which she kept in her room at night, just in case.

I read this from the MAYO CLINIC diagnosis for Aspergers, thought some of you might like to understand this more

Asperger's syndrome symptoms include:

Engaging in one-sided, long-winded conversations, without noticing if the listener is listening or trying to change the subject
Displaying unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures
Showing an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects, such as baseball statistics, train schedules, weather or snakes
Appearing not to understand, empathize with or be sensitive to others' feelings
Having a hard time "reading" other people or understanding humor
Speaking in a voice that is monotonous, rigid or unusually fast
Moving clumsily, with poor coordination
Unlike children with more-severe forms of autism spectrum disorders, those with Asperger's syndrome usually don't have delays in the development of language skills. That means your child will use single words by the age of 2 and phrases by the time he or she is 3 years old. But, children with Asperger's syndrome may have difficulties holding normal conversations. Conversations may feel awkward and lack the usual give and take of normal social interactions

But please remember that not all aspies meet every one of these characteristics. My daughter has problems w/ coordination, understanding non-verbal social cues, reading others' facial expressions. She is also a talker and doesn't always know when to stop. However, she is extremely empathetic and can be extremely social in the right environment. Her language is advanced and she gets along much better with older teenagers and adults, as well as her loving on all the babies in our church congregation.
I'm appreciative of everyone trying their best to understand on here the realities of Asperger's - one thing I have to commend the people here at Websleuths is their willingness to research and look at all sides of an issue. So thank you for being so fair.

I &#8224;hink that turned out to be a rumor and wasn't true?

A case of mistaken identity. In other words, that wasn't AL who was trying to buy that gun.

Oh they'll take care of his remains out of familial duty, I've no doubt, but they were estranged from him and barely knew him to begin with, so my guess is that, as I said, his mother was the only person who really cared about him and the only person who would have genuinely cared about the disposition of his remains. Had he not killed her first.

I disagree. As estranged as he was from his brother and father they are still his family. I am sure the father will be looking after things as a father would not just as a sense of familial duty. As horrendous as this is, that man still lost his child. His child who savagely murdered 27 people and then committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove