Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was only 52, presumably nowhere near expecting to be gone any time soon.

She reportedly had MS. So she did not know how long she woiuld be able to care for him. And I know from experience how stressful it was for her. It would have made her illness flare up, imo.

As far as I can tell, we haven't heard from anyone that she had a caretaker for him other than herself. One assumes at least some of her friends would have known if she had a caretaker for him.

Do we know that she didn't take him with? Not being argumentative. I seriously just have not seen anything about where he was while she was gone, or with whom. It seems to me that her friends and family members had very little close contact with her recently, so maybe they wouldn't know if she had a caretaker, idk.

Do we know that she didn't take him with? Not being argumentative. I seriously just have not seen anything about where he was while she was gone, or with whom. It seems to me that her friends and family members had very little close contact with her recently, so maybe they wouldn't know if she had a caretaker, idk.

I have yet to hear from anyone that she took him along during her travels. Here is her friend saying she liked to travel and he was left home alone.

"In the past year or so, Nancy Lanza had started traveling more, leaving him home alone more often, Adriani said. And Adam Lanza had started taking on more responsibility at home, grocery shopping, venturing out alone, too."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Exclusive-Lanza-s-Call-to-Duty-Denied-4133287.php#ixzz2FYcDhbYk

As far as I can tell, we haven't heard from anyone that she had a caretaker for him other than herself. One assumes at least some of her friends would have known if she had a caretaker for him.

In the past year or so, Nancy Lanza had started traveling more, leaving him home alone more often, Adriani said. And Adam Lanza had started taking on more responsibility at home, grocery shopping, venturing out alone, too.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Exclusive-Lanza-s-Call-to-Duty-Denied-4133287.php#ixzz2FYrAKgaI

oops! sorry jjenny :)

She was only 52, presumably nowhere near expecting to be gone any time soon.
Assuming she did have MS, she COULD have become unpredictably VERY incapacitated and stress will certainly exaccerbate even mild MS. Up to and including hospitalization for EVERY basic need and body function. I would plan for that possiblity.
Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic staff
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis vary, depending on the location of affected nerve fibers. Multiple sclerosis symptoms may include:
  • Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs
  • Partial or complete loss of central vision, usually in one eye, often with pain during eye movement (optic neuritis)
  • Double vision or blurring of vision
  • Tingling or pain in parts of your body
  • Electric-shock sensations that occur with certain head movements
  • Tremor, lack of coordination or unsteady gait
  • Slurred speech
  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness
Heat sensitivity is common in people with multiple sclerosis. Small increases in body temperature can trigger or worsen multiple sclerosis symptoms.
Most people with multiple sclerosis, particularly in the beginning stages of the disease, experience relapses of symptoms, which are followed by periods of complete or partial remission of symptoms.
Some people have a benign form of multiple sclerosis. In this form of the disease, the condition remains stable and often doesn't progress to serious forms of MS after the initial attack.

I was reading, watching the video of the school nurse terrified, hiding under the desk, seeing AL's boots only feet away....Then hiding with the secretary for 4 hours...Good God!

Crouched in fear underneath her desk, Sally Cox, the Sandy Hook Elementary School nurse, watched gunman Adam Lanza through a small hole holding computer wires as he walked into the school’s office and faced her hiding place.

“I could see him from the knees down, 20 feet away, his boots were facing my desk,” Cox told “Good Morning America” this morning. “It was seconds… and then he turned and walked out and I heard the door close.”

On the morning of Dec. 14, Cox said she first knew something was going on inside the Newtown, Conn., school when she heard a series of “loud popping noises” outside of the office, but she didn’t process that something was wrong until the school secretary, who was sitting at a desk outside her nurse’s office, called her name.

“Your mind doesn’t think that it could be [gunfire],” she said. ”But when the secretary called out to me with terror in her voice, it just told me something terrible was happening.”

How to Help Sandy Hook Shooting Victims’ Families and Community

After the door closed, Cox said the secretary raced into her office, shut the door and hid under her desk. Together, they pulled the phone off the desk and dialed 911. They then raced into a supply closet and held the door closed. Cox said they remained there for close to four hours.

“We were petrified,” Cox said. ”We were listening, and couldn’t hear a whole lot, and heard screaming and the gunshots.”

She is probably spelling it wrong. Dr Asperger was from Austria.

It just really makes her sound like she doesn't know what she's talking about. Aspergers is not that uncommon of a diagnosis. I'm shocked at the misconceptions and misinformation the media is putting out there about Aspergers and Austism. My daughter has Aspergers, so I may be a bit hypersensitive.

Is SmoothOperator reading now?
Hi! When you looked up all the addresses of the schools near the killer's home, were there other schools closer to his home? (Sorry, I'm too lazy to read back through 400 posts.) tia

sorry just now catching back up..there was actually a closer elementary school according to Google maps, Fawn Hollow Elementary school..it was not on the way to Sandy Hook, and its distance was just slightly closer to the Lanza home..Ricki however posted that Fawn Hollow actually fell within a different town/district even tho its distance was slightly closer..

there were however two, I believe TWO other schools THAT AL WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY PASSED IN HIS DRIVING TO SANDY HOOK..but they were middle/high schools IIRC..

So, essentially Sandy Hook was not only the actual elementary school for his home's district/zoning..it also was one of the two ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS WITHIN 5 MILES OF THE HOME..

HTH:)

Any Sociologists here or Social Sci majors? Do you think there are still classes in society that shun those families in their own class because they have imperfect families/children?

OK so the killer aspired to be a Marine! ~seriously???
The kid that had to be watched by security at school so he wouldn't get hurt?
:no:

Well, well, well! This explains a LOT! (if true)
Exclusive: Lanza's Call to Duty Denied

"Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine -- one of "the few, the proud."
Failing that, he planned to join another branch of military service."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Exclusive-Lanza-s-Call-to-Duty-Denied-4133287.php#ixzz2FYqMuy9X

Wow...

Lanza, 20, harbored a dream of joining the military after he stopped taking college-level courses at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, said a local merchant who knew the Lanzas. Adam Lanza first made his military aspirations known when he was 17, about the time his older brother, Ryan, was attending Quinnipiac University.
This might be THE explanation for why the last 3 year thing (and why Nancy started the gun collecting? IDK)

I found the explanation his mom gave him for why he shouldn't do that interesting, or unrealistic maybe. Maybe she told him it was because 'he didn't like to be touched' just to downplay things. Does anyone think Adam would have been accepted in the military?

But please remember that not all aspies meet every one of these characteristics. My daughter has problems w/ coordination, understanding non-verbal social cues, reading others' facial expressions. She is also a talker and doesn't always know when to stop. However, she is extremely empathetic and can be extremely social in the right environment. Her language is advanced and she gets along much better with older teenagers and adults, as well as her loving on all the babies in our church congregation.
I'm appreciative of everyone trying their best to understand on here the realities of Asperger's - one thing I have to commend the people here at Websleuths is their willingness to research and look at all sides of an issue. So thank you for being so fair.

There are as many different combinations of symptoms as there are individuals with autism or Asperger's.
My son will hold long winded conversations that he tries to drag you into with him. Not one sided ones though.
He fits number 2 perfectly, except that instead of having only a few facial expressions, he has overly exaggerated ones.
He has obsessions, but many of them are broad, and he is prone to compulsive behavior, as well.
He can be compassionate, in fact to an extreme, but he does have trouble understanding why other people have the feelings they do, and he can feel incredibly threatened by emotions he is not familiar with, such as embarrassment, which he doesn't feel, apparently.

It is incredibly hard to understand and it can even be hard to recognize, but at least most everyone here is willing to try. I think the most important thing to understand, for everyone, is that while some people with autism may be violent, others won't be, and the statistics for those that will are actually much lower than those that are supposedly "normal". Autism is not a mental illness or a form of retardation. I see it as a processing error. Like a laptop that has been dropped, and instead of being too badly damaged to work at all, it has just enough of an error that it can't find the appropriate files and programs unless it is provided with an alternate way to locate them and open them up. That is what therapy, early intervention, and special education are meant to do.

Wow...

This might be THE explanation for why the last 3 year thing (and why Nancy started the gun collecting? IDK)

I found the explanation his mom gave him for why he shouldn't do that interesting, or unrealistic maybe. Maybe she told him it was because 'he didn't like to be touched' just to downplay things. Does anyone think Adam would have been accepted in the military?

:no: no way.

I have yet to hear from anyone that she took him along during her travels. Here is her friend saying she liked to travel and he was left home alone.

"In the past year or so, Nancy Lanza had started traveling more, leaving him home alone more often, Adriani said. And Adam Lanza had started taking on more responsibility at home, grocery shopping, venturing out alone, too."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Exclusive-Lanza-s-Call-to-Duty-Denied-4133287.php#ixzz2FYcDhbYk

I know, I just read that! How weird is it that we're having this conversation and up pops the first article I've seen and written in the last couple of hours saying she left him home alone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member