Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...

This might be THE explanation for why the last 3 year thing (and why Nancy started the gun collecting? IDK)

I found the explanation his mom gave him for why he shouldn't do that interesting, or unrealistic maybe. Maybe she told him it was because 'he didn't like to be touched' just to downplay things. Does anyone think Adam would have been accepted in the military?

I don't think the military would have accepted him. First he looks like he wouldn't have met the physical requirements, at least in terms of height versus weight.
I also think that he would have displayed a happiness in the idea of the killing aspect of war that it would have sent up red flags.

OK so the killer aspired to be a Marine! ~seriously???
The kid that had to be watched by security at school so he wouldn't get hurt?
:no:

I had the same reaction. I wonder if mom really successfully talked him out out of applying or if he went ahead and was then rejected? The friend might not know all the story. I just keep going back to him burning himself to see if he felt pain - makes me wonder if there was a recent diagnosis (maybe even the military) or if Adam was hoping something had changed or if he wondered if he had more than Aspergers?

Well, well, well! This explains a LOT! (if true)
Exclusive: Lanza's Call to Duty Denied

"Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine -- one of "the few, the proud."
Failing that, he planned to join another branch of military service."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Exclusive-Lanza-s-Call-to-Duty-Denied-4133287.php#ixzz2FYqMuy9X

So we have media articles saying he wanted to be a marine, like to play dance-dance-revolution (or whatever that dance game is), and was a recluse who lived in the basement and played video games. Bizarre.

I had the same reaction. I wonder if mom really successfully talked him out out of applying or if he went ahead and was then rejected? The friend might not know all the story. I just keep going back to him burning himself to see if he felt pain - makes me wonder if there was a recent diagnosis (maybe even the military) or if Adam was hoping something had changed or if he wondered if he had more than Aspergers?

Makes the story from the "Marine" Joshua, a little more credible...(maybe)
I wonder if he got a mental health check there?
eta: as in tried to enlist, maybe that is why the range visits stopped 6 months ago?

I am thinking that his home while NL was away was in the basement - locked in, no windows and no way out. But, it is said he tried to buy a weapon on that Tuesday when his mother was in NH. Do we know if he was trying to buy the weapon on the internet or at a store? Has the gun store come forward?

That report came from someone who supposedly saw him at the store. It was later deemed not true. jmo

So, according to that theory she wanted to have him committed? Yet she would leave him alone to go on "mini-vacations?" And in the house full of guns? How does that add up?

This sounds terrible, I know, but maybe she thought he would commit suicide...never dreaming he would take out a lot of children, too..

Wow...

This might be THE explanation for why the last 3 year thing (and why Nancy started the gun collecting? IDK)

I found the explanation his mom gave him for why he shouldn't do that interesting, or unrealistic maybe. Maybe she told him it was because 'he didn't like to be touched' just to downplay things. Does anyone think Adam would have been accepted in the military?

Yes - military aspirations and fascination with guns - more of the pieces of the puzzle seem to be fitting in.

BBM - Nope. And even if he was accepted, I'd venture to guess that the military doesn't serve organic vegan meals - probably just one of many issues/difficulties he would encounter/face.

deleted by self, my mistake, I do not want to see pages and pages tomorrow responding so I deleted it :)

This is from Mayo Clinic site:

Because self-injury is often done impulsively, it can be considered an impulse-control behavior problem. Self-injury may be linked to a variety of mental disorders, such as depression, eating disorders and borderline personality disorder.

So we have media articles saying he wanted to be a marine, like to play dance-dance-revolution (or whatever that dance game is), and was a recluse who lived in the basement and played video games. Bizarre.

I'm not sure I find it bizarre... I worked with an autistic and developmentally disabled teen once, he loved to imitate commercials and the imitate the instruments in music (he was great at it too), but he was still awkward. I don't think Adam interacted with anyone during the dance thing. Also, I doubt he really realized that being a marine involved social interaction and stuff other than just the stuff he thought sounded good?

"Mothers are the highest percentage of the people murdered by mentally ill young men, Gold adds. “The [young men] are usually living at home because they are dysfunctional…. The moms don’t bail. These are their children. They hang in with them, they try to get them help. And they’re the ones that get killed.”

http://news.yahoo.com/sandy-hook-shooting-adam-lanza-lashing-against-treatment-231300962.html

Thanks. This article makes a lot of sense. I think all the theories we have come up with give us a clue as to why he killed his mother, but I can't find any feasible explanation as to why he killed 20 small children and their teachers and leaders. What could possibly have motivated him to do this horrible thing at the school. jmo

Why does everyone expect some diagnosis to explain why he did it?

Normal people do not shoot up schools. I'd bet my left kidney he had abnormal brain scans and/or chemistry.

Nobody expects the dx to explain why, they expect understanding the dx to help us prevent future tragedies. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila