Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I can't even imagine what that poor one student is going through. I wonder if they were out sick that day, or saw the horror. Either way OMG, I'd pull my kid for the remaining of the year. I can't imagine.

the lone, singular survivor that's referred to in post above..that lone survivor is the young girl whose body was covered by her slain classmates and she acted dead until she felt it safe to make a run for it to the parking lot..

she ran into the arms of her mother and told her, MOMMY I AM OK BUT ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD...

the lone, singular survivor that's referred to in post above..that lone survivor is the young girl whose body was covered by her slain classmates and she acted dead until she felt it safe to make a run for it to the parking lot..

she ran into the arms of her mother and told her, MOMMY I AM OK BUT ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD...

Oh my god. That poor baby. I hope she has a great support system, she'll need it for years to come.

IMO AL didn't have much of an on-line persona. He played his games - I read somewhere yesterday that his game of choice was Call of Duty and that even though there was an X-Box in the basement - it had been hardly used. So that tells me he played Call of Duty online. He probably played for hours on end - I'm talking 8, 10, 12 hours in one stretch. Then he would stop - log off - eat, sleep - and then right back on to the game. I don't believe he "browsed the net" or read in any forums, newsights, etc. He might have researched or followed the Aurora shooter and shooting - but that's about it.

He was very smart. If he had put a keystroke recorder on his mother's computer - then when she was gone - he could check and see everything she had written, every site she had looked at, etc.

I'm wondering if with NL's mini-vaca from Tues thru Thurs - it could be that he had only just recently installed the recorder and this was his first chance at seeing just what dear ole mom was up to. He found that she had been looking at centers or facilities, and maybe even got emails of hers to some of these places.

That certainly would have set him off and he just laid in wait, seething and planning, raging - until she got home. Then he "let loose".

JMHO

Thank you for a post that is very fitting for your screen name Wise Old Owl :-) Your theory is quite compelling.

The media's "reporting" has mentioned the game Call of Duty as a game the shooter played. Given that LE has not released any information regarding the inventory of the Lanza home and that we've seen countless misreporting/poorly sourced reporting about the lives of Nancy Lanza and the shooter, specific details such as the game the shooter played such be taken with a grain of salt until the investigation/report comes out with such information. Statistically there is a high probability that if the shooter played video games that he played the Call of Duty series because that series of video games has sold over 100 million copies. With that 100 million number in mind, if the video game was the catalyst for the shooter's actions, statistically we'd see more than a few mass shooters who were gamers...

I just spent some time examining Nancy Lanza's "reported" trip to the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13.

A few interesting things I've learned:
- One report that aired on CNN is the basis for ALL of the reports of Nancy Lanza's alleged trip to the Omni Mount Washington Resort. There are no other media outlets that independently confirm this.

- LE has not stated anything regarding this "reported" trip.

- According to the New Hampshire Union Leader:
Lanza checked out of the popular luxury resort on Dec. 13 and returned to Connecticut that night, according to the CNN report. She was murdered the next morning.

Workers from the hotel said they couldn't talk about their guests and referred all questions to Anne Tramer, vice president of communications for Omni Hotels.

Due to guest privacy rules, Tramer said she couldn't confirm the CNN report.

"We have a strict privacy policy for anyone who may stay at the hotel," she said.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121220/NEWS03/121229892

Additionally, given all "reports" from the shooters barber and others that paint the shooter as a very quiet individual like wallpaper; if Nancy Lanza did in fact take this alleged trip, there is no information to prove if the shooter did or did not accompany his mother if she went on this trip.

Finally, there are many conflicts in the reporting regarding Nancy Lanza and the idea that she was exploring the potential of changing the shooter's living situation. With absolutely NO clear facts about this, I would urge us to have the patience to wait for the facts to emerge about this (and many other speculation the media is inaccurately reporting).

Oh wow, I can't even imagine what that poor one student is going through. I wonder if they were out sick that day, or saw the horror. Either way OMG, I'd pull my kid for the remaining of the year. I can't imagine.
Its a little girl. IIRC this little girl is the one that "played dead" when AL moved on to the next room - she got up and ran out - it was reported she was covered in blood and said "All my friends are dead" when she got out. Sad! This poor little girl will probably need intensive therapy for many years - JMHO

Thank you for a post that is very fitting for your screen name Wise Old Owl :-) Your theory is quite compelling.

The media's "reporting" has mentioned the game Call of Duty as a game the shooter played. Given that LE has not released any information regarding the inventory of the Lanza home and that we've seen countless misreporting/poorly sourced reporting about the lives of Nancy Lanza and the shooter, specific details such as the game the shooter played such be taken with a grain of salt until the investigation/report comes out with such information. Statistically there is a high probability that if the shooter played video games that he played the Call of Duty series because that series of video games has sold over 100 million copies. With that 100 million number in mind, if the video game was the catalyst for the shooter's actions, statistically we'd see more than a few mass shooters who were gamers...

I just spent some time examining Nancy Lanza's "reported" trip to the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13.

A few interesting things I've learned:
- One report that aired on CNN is the basis for ALL of the reports of Nancy Lanza's alleged trip to the Omni Mount Washington Resort. There are no other media outlets that independently confirm this.

- LE has not stated anything regarding this "reported" trip.

- According to the New Hampshire Union Leader:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121220/NEWS03/121229892

Additionally, given all "reports" from the shooters barber and others that paint the shooter as a very quiet individual like wallpaper; if Nancy Lanza did in fact take this alleged trip, there is no information to prove if the shooter did or did not accompany his mother if she went on this trip.

Finally, there are many conflicts in the reporting regarding Nancy Lanza and the idea that she was exploring the potential of changing the shooter's living situation. With absolutely NO clear facts about this, I would urge us to have the patience to wait for the facts to emerge about this (and many other speculation the media is inaccurately reporting).
Please post a link showing that Nancy intended to leave the killer's living situation exactly as it was. If there isn't one, then there is are not contradictory reports. Two of Nancy's friends stated that she was considering placing him in a school or center (which would be a residential habilitation center). Another man, the son of the pastor, stated that he heard Nancy was considering placing the killer in a residential facility and was trying to get conservatorship of him.

CNN interviewed Nancy's friends that said she chatted with them during her two nights on vacation and seemed in good spirits. These same friends stated that she left the killer alone and had done so before on her mini-vacations. Other news entities did not get interviews from these friends to report this info.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-n...-adam-home-alone-for-two-days-before-rampage/

Will be interesting to hear if theree was any info taken off his game system.. I know the xbox 360 stores messages. you can have friends in there also, send private messages.. Maybe he spoke online while playing.. That would be easy for FBI to crack his password, get online, to find his friends..

Please post a link showing that Nancy intended to leave the killer's living situation exactly as it was. If there isn't one, then there is are not contradictory reports. Two of Nancy's friends stated that she was considering placing him in a school or center (which would be a residential habilitation center). Another man, the son of the pastor, stated that he heard Nancy was considering placing the killer in a residential facility and was trying to get conservatorship of him.

CNN interviewed Nancy's friends that said she chatted with them during her two nights on vacation and seemed in good spirits.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-n...-adam-home-alone-for-two-days-before-rampage/

I'm glad that you mentioned the report that the son of the pastor, stated that he heard Nancy was considering placing the killer in a residential facility and was trying to get conservatorship of him.

Here is the report you are referring to:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...d-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/

However this report has been debunked and proven to be false (nothing more than Joshua Flashman a former Marine and aspiring actor spreading a rumor and trying to get on TV). Who debunked and disproved this report? Joshua's father Richard Flashman, a pastor at Beacon Hill Evangelical Free Church:
http://www.lohud.com/article/201212...t-Adam-Lanza-s-motive?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I urge all of us to have the gift of patience and wisdom to know that the true facts will come out in time and accept that a plethora of the "reporting" about Nancy Lanza and the shooter that has been and continues to be done is not double-sourced or from individuals who were close friends, immediate family or close colleagues of either of them. Please understand that LE wants nothing more than to put the puzzle together and share it with the victims & their families as well as the public to bring closure to them and identify important clues which may stop similar situations from happening in the future.

CNN interviewed Nancy's friends that said she chatted with them during her two nights on vacation and seemed in good spirits. These same friends stated that she left the killer alone and had done so before on her mini-vacations. Other news entities did not get interviews from these friends to report this info.
There is a report from a friend that she would not ever send him away. That would be a contradictory report. I am not speaking to the accuracy or credibility of any reports at all ,only to the notion that there are no conflicting reports.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mind-newtown-killer-article-1.1223612

CBS does not give a direct quote from Marsha about the survivalist statement. I saw the video in which Marsha called NL a "prepper", said that she was stock piling food and preparing for an economic collapse.

Adam's aunt, Marsha Lanza of Crystal Lake, Ill., said that Nancy Lanza kept guns for own safety, and had something of a survivalist mentality; she was worried about protecting her home if the economy went south

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559546/in-divorce-mom-had-authority-over-conn-shooter/

I'm glad that you mentioned the report that the son of the pastor, stated that he heard Nancy was considering placing the killer in a residential facility and was trying to get conservatorship of him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...d-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/

However this report has been debunked and proven to be false (nothing more than Joshua Flashman a former Marine and aspiring actor spreading a rumor and trying to get on TV). Who debunked and disproved this report? Joshua's father Richard Flashman, a pastor at Beacon Hill Evangelical Free Church:
http://www.lohud.com/article/201212...t-Adam-Lanza-s-motive?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I urge all of us to have the gift of patience and wisdom to know that the true facts will come out in time and accept that a plethora of the "reporting" about Nancy Lanza and the shooter that has been and continues to be done is not double-sourced or from individuals who were close friends, immediate family or close colleagues of either of them. Please understand that LE wants nothing more than to put the puzzle together and share it with the victims & their families as well as the public to bring closure to them and identify important clues which may stop similar situations from happening in the future.

IMO that article does not debunk the report.

To me the pastor just says that it is hearsay, his son didn’t hear it from him, and he didn’t want the story to run …. possibly because he feels that his job as a pastor is to not get involved in speculation (understandably), and he wishes his family did the same?

And especially as a few of the victims’ families apparently attend his church.

ETA: Fox News cited another source of the info as well, for whatever that is worth

The link you provided for Flashman's father requires a paid subscription. Do you have a MSM link?

IMO that article does not debunk the theory.

To me the pastor just says that it is hearsay, his son didn’t hear it from him, and he didn’t want the story to run …. possibly because he feels that his job as a pastor is to not get involved in speculation (understandably), and he wishes his family did the same?

And especially as a few of the victims’ families apparently attend his church.

I'd highlight Joshua's statement on Twitter:
@JoshuaFlashman@soderstromk @jimchap @G33kspeak I told a reporter what the people in town were saying about Adam Lanza’s motive, & next thing I know, I’m ”intimately aquainted” with the Lanza family and knew Adam’s motives first hand. Funny, I didn’t know that!

Additionally Joshua's lies to Fox (or Fox's misreporting) was that Adam was mad at his mother because she “loved the school (Sandy Hook) more than she loved him”

Note that State police have said that Adam Lanza had “no connection” to the school, and school officials disputed an early report that his mother had worked there.“No one has heard of her,” Lillian Bittman, who served on the local school board until 2011, told The Wall Street Journal last Friday. “Teachers don’t know her.” 

The link you provided for Flashman's father requires a paid subscription. Do you have a MSM link?

I typed 'Newtown massacre: Pastor disputes son's account on Adam Lanza's motive' into google search and was able to access it for free, if that helps

Really? I didn't encounter that problem and I'm not a subscriber to that paper; anyone else facing that problem? I don't believe there is a fire wall.

There is a report from a friend that she would not ever send him away. That would be a contradictory report. I am not speaking to the accuracy or credibility of any reports at all ,only to the notion that there are no conflicting reports.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mind-newtown-killer-article-1.1223612

The friend also rejected a report that Nancy was planning to have her son committed to a psychiatric facility.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FlENAFzj

A residential habilitation center has therapy and medication administration services, but these are not psychiatric hospitals. RHCs are more similar to a supervised intermediate care facility. Nancy wasn't going to send him to a long-term psych hospital (these are rare anyway),
she was going to send him to a school or center. RHCs are frequently called schools.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #8

Up to date nurses correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't humidity bad for those with MS? If so, I can 't see N moving herself to Washington state.

I have MS...no real difference for me between having lived in the humid SE and dry midwest, and back SE.
I know people all over the states with MS and it is different for all of them. It is truly an unexplainable thing to have. There is no norm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FlENAFzj

A residential habilitation center has therapy and medication administration services, but these are not psychiatric hospitals. RHCs are more similar to a supervised intermediate care facility.

Pennsfan if we are to accept that quote from the article “Nancy was so dedicated to Adam,” the friend said. “She would never send him away. She just couldn’t do that.” then this would include not sending him to residential habilitation center as you mentioned.

A residential habilitation center has therapy and medication administration services, but these are not psychiatric hospitals. RHCs are more similar to a supervised intermediate care facility.

Oh I understand that, but overall the friend seemed to be rejecting the idea that she would send him away at all.

>>Nancy was so dedicated to Adam,” the friend said. “She would never send him away. She just couldn’t do that.”<<

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FlGPGwZR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99