GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Sentencing Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an ad for depression out there where depression itself is shown as a little face with eyes wearing a robe. It always follows the depression follower around, even after adding the advertised medication. I like that ad in that it accurately shows that no medication can totally remove depression.

For some reason, I see Conrad Murray, either in the LA County Jail or out, being followed around for the rest of his life by one of these creatures. Only his would have $ $ instead of eyes.

Thank you all for allowing this to be followed as if watching on TV. :floorlaugh: Glad the Judge gave the max, even though still not enough IMO. And I hope he is not released any earlier.

Loved all your comments!

What I got to see of the District Attorney's press conference they believe that in this case and others like it the convicted felon should serve time in prison...PRISON with capitals. They were very adamant about that.

I agree, serve the time in prison and no early release. Too bad it costs so much to house prisoners.

Sadly it would be surprising if he served even two years here in CA. Our system is broken.

I can't find any reports yet on what Judge Pastor did on the Alford contempt hearing. I guess media is all busy with the sentencing reports and will get to the other side hearing later.

Newbie here. Hello all. Have enjoyed reading all your posts. I followed the whole trial and tuned in today for the sentencing. The judge was spot on about everything. He saw right through Murray and exposed him for what he was. However, I don't think Murray was bothered by the character assassination since of course he 'did nothing wrong'... :rolleyes:

From that point of view he is a danger to the public because it means there's nothing (like his conscience or ethics) to stop him doing something similar in the future if the money was right. Talking of money, hats off to the judge for making the connection with the sneaky phone recording Murray took and the 'insurance' policy he was thinking of when he took it.

At one point, I honestly thought Murray was going to stand up and plead his case and beg for forgiveness. But I also thought that during the trial. When the judge said: "He's offended by his patient dying and offended about having to even be in court" - that was so true. Throughout the entire trial and the documentary etc, Murray has never once acted like he did a single thing wrong. I'd have thought his own lawyers would have at least advised him to fake some remorse if he was hoping for a lighter sentence - but they seemed as clueless as Murray as to how the judge might view the comments: "I don't feel guilty because I did nothing wrong. I was entrapped by Michael Jackson. He deceived me".

How could his lawyers, who were hoping to get probation for Murray - possibly think the documentary could have done anything but harm to their client? Chernoff said Murray was very remorseful about what happened - but where on earth did he get that from???

Sadly it would be surprising if he served even two years here in CA. Our system is broken.

It sure is broke. If I ever plan to commit a felony, I'll make sure I do it in California. I would be afraid to live there, since it seems there is nothing to deter crime at all.

:wagon: to WS suzieqtips! I agree wholeheartedly. Murray merely looked angry, po'ed and arrogant through the entire trial, not a shred of remorse. Yes, his attorneys should have advised him to look a bit less arrogant, and a lot more sorrowful, but even if they did, he did not follow the advice.

Again, I wish to thank you all for keeping us posted that are at work or elsewhere and could not follow minute by minute without you! :blowkiss:

Wow Mrs. Jackson was never consoled or told anything by CM. Says CM LIED !!!!!

:liar: Yes, he sure did, Credence -- he did not talk to any member of the family at the hospital. That lying :snake:
:furious:

Juror # 5 coming up next on JVM. And yes, she has so far made this all about addiction.

I missed her name. She/they thought cm was a good doc. who got in over his head.

The jury argued a lot. Had a ton to talk about. Three issues= not calling 911, no equipment and I missed the last one. Sorry I flunked typing in Jr. High. LOL

Jury didn't care if MJ was an addict. (all paraphrased)
and the interview is over.

Oh yeah, the last issue was cm leaving MJ alone in the room. They couldn't tell, or didn't understand why the tape was played. Whether MJ was on propofol or something else.

Hope one of you guys caught more. JVM yells her questions and seems to expect her guests to answer a certain way. (imo)

Nine days before the verdict cm says in the video---- "I don't feel guilty because I didn't do anything wrong.."

bbm

Ya know, the more I ponder that statement, the more I realize that it tells us everything there is to know about him. This man, rolled up into that one very telling statement.

He lost his heart & soul somewhere back there, and nothing is left, IMO, but a selfish shell of a person. A waste.
icon8.gif

Walgren now asking for court to award restitution to family as part of the sentencing.

Yes -- hit him in the only place it hurts -- his wallet. Soul-less nothing-man. :furious:

Does anyone know if any of cm's children are old enough to give a statement? I know he has a bunch of kids.

Yes -- I saw a video somewhere (how's that for specifics?!) that showed his wife and a daughter together -- neither of whom was willing to make a statement, and both were very camera-shy. The daughter, who was attractive, looked about 17 -- 20 or so. (No telling how much unpaid child support he owes for that young lady.)
icon8.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back