Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The below article illustrates the many positive cases sitting in limbo waiting for CDC to confirm:
This past Sunday morning a patient at Doctor's
Hospital in Sarasota, Fl. overheard a medical
person and a volunteer discussing a positive
virus patient in their hospital. the patient listened quietly but then quickly called her family and warned them not to come visit.
Apparently word leaked out to other patients
during the day and finally later sunday Hospital Administrators brought around a letter to each patient admitting that there was
in fact a positive patient in isolation in the hospital but they couldn't publicize it until CDC
releases the information. This is a new case not mentioned by Fl. Gov. on Sunday.
Seems there's quite a backlog of positive cases
being held up by CDC.
Letter was also released on FB.
Officials: Patient ‘presumptively tested positive’ for COVID-19 at Sarasota hospital

The coronavirus mystery: Doctors are baffled by children's resistance to the virus while cases climb - as police are set to be given powers to ARREST those at risk of spreading COVID-19 - Australia News

Professor Robert Booy from the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance said children abroad only seemed to suffer mild symptoms, ABC reported.

'Those children who did contract the virus overseas have only had mild symptoms such as fever and upper respiratory symptoms,' he said.

'In adults, they are reacting quite violently because perhaps they have seen a previous coronavirus infection and that's set up the immune system to react inappropriately and excessively.'

Coronavirus mystery: Doctors are baffled by children's 'immunity' to the worst of the virus | Daily Mail Online
This is really interesting, @gregjrichards . Thank you for posting.

2 March
  • 10:30: 1 new case in Austria. (Source)
  • 10:29: 6 new cases in Belgium. All had recently returned from Italy. (Source)
  • 10:28: 523 new cases and 11 new deaths in Iran. (Source)
  • 10:22: First 2 cases in Portugal. One traveled from Italy, the other from Spain. (Source 1, Source 2)
  • 09:40: 2 new cases in Iraq. Both recently traveled from Iran. (Source)
  • 09:32: 2 new cases in Italy. First case in Rome and first case on Sardinia. (Source)
  • 09:15: 20 new cases in Germany. (Source)
Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

on this note : I went and got my morning Starbucks this morning ( my hubby says that will end when we have local cases, I'm going to flip the hell out to put it politely) and I sure hope KALI 's place does not lose business but to answer YES if I knew that employees were not made to come to work sick it would help tremendously , my comment to hubby this morning was "NO I do not want to go to McDonald's , Starbucks is the only place I trust not to make sick people work!"
Heading to Starbucks too. After the gym. And after the doctor where I’m getting routine bloodwork. I’m aware, I’m cautious etc. But I also want to help keep my people in business.

Folks, I appreciate all of yall's posts. I really find interesting yall's posts about what it is like in the stores in yall's home areas, and how your "neighbors" are reacting to both the Virus news and possible shortages of supplies and/or medical care in your home areas......moo

A laboratory at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that was producing coronavirus test kits may have been contaminated, a report claims.

According to Axios, an official at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) who visited the lab last week found 'alarming issues' including improper practices and contaminants.

There is a tete-a-tete going on between FDA and CDC.

CDC does not have the legal authority to release a test, or a vaccine, for that matter.

It is the FDA that must authorize the release, after proper review and documentation. The FDA works at sub-glacial speed, however, like most federal bureaucracies. This fumble will have consequences, I predict.

Better we get a widely-distributed accurate and sensitive test out there ASAP.

The coronavirus mystery: Doctors are baffled by children's resistance to the virus while cases climb - as police are set to be given powers to ARREST those at risk of spreading COVID-19 - Australia News

Professor Robert Booy from the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance said children abroad only seemed to suffer mild symptoms, ABC reported.

'Those children who did contract the virus overseas have only had mild symptoms such as fever and upper respiratory symptoms,' he said.

'In adults, they are reacting quite violently because perhaps they have seen a previous coronavirus infection and that's set up the immune system to react inappropriately and excessively.'

Coronavirus mystery: Doctors are baffled by children's 'immunity' to the worst of the virus | Daily Mail Online

Very interesting wrt previous coronavirus infections.

View attachment 235675

Chinese architect unveils a personal bubble that heats up to temperatures high enough to KILL the coronavirus

Personal bubble concept heats up to temperatures high enough to KILL the coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

I can see this being chic new fashion, maybe making a debut at the NYC Met Ball Gala, where ridiculous and inappropriate seems to own the red carpet.

But you would have to have such intense eye protection from all those UV rays I don't know how you could move without some sort of 3D virtual reality gear.

HAPPENING NOW: Joint press conference between city of San Antonio and Bexar County on mistaken release of a positive Wuhan evacuee this weekend.
Mayor Ron Nirenberg: "We simply cannot have a screw up like this from our federal partners."
Lauren Caruba on Twitter

Dawn Emerick, the brand new director of Metro Health, said the department agrees w/ those officials. Says that the criteria for two negative tests should be expanded to three negative tests, hence the request to not release Diamond Princess evacuees.

Anita Kurian of Metro Health: The released Wuhan evacuee stayed at the Holiday Inn hotel near the airport and visited the North Star Mall after being released from the Texas Center for Infectious Disease.

Here's the breakdown of Metro Health's contract tracing investigation, by location:
-18 exposed at TCID, 2 of which are deemed "medium risk"
-3 exposed at hotel
-Unknown exposure at mall

HAPPENING NOW: Joint press conference between city of San Antonio and Bexar County on mistaken release of a positive Wuhan evacuee this weekend.
Mayor Ron Nirenberg: "We simply cannot have a screw up like this from our federal partners."
Lauren Caruba on Twitter

Dawn Emerick, the brand new director of Metro Health, said the department agrees w/ those officials. Says that the criteria for two negative tests should be expanded to three negative tests, hence the request to not release Diamond Princess evacuees.

Anita Kurian of Metro Health: The released Wuhan evacuee stayed at the Holiday Inn hotel near the airport and visited the North Star Mall after being released from the Texas Center for Infectious Disease.

Here's the breakdown of Metro Health's contract tracing investigation, by location:
-18 exposed at TCID, 2 of which are deemed "medium risk"
-3 exposed at hotel
-Unknown exposure at mall

"Human error" keeps confounding all the progress.

Well, that and ignorance and stupidity

The accuracy and timeliness of information continues to be my primary concern about how COVID-19 will be handled. This is not meant as criticism of public officials/medical personnel. Government officials and/or medical professionals who speak publicly about COVID-19 should be well-informed with as many facts as possible so they don't provide inaccurate information that alarms or confuses the public.
MOO, but I think the response in the USA has been delayed and info suppressed. I can remember with other health care worries, the CDC had regular updates and lots of info. I'm afraid that we have reacted too much like China. This is my opinion and as @Inthedetails has stated "Before you pounce, please wash your hands" and for goodness sake, don't breathe on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse