Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent time and effort putting together the poll questions. Yes, I kept it specific and limited to the United States. I'm sorry if you feel my submission wasn't satisfactory.

Not at all. I was going to respond to the polls, but it doesn't apply to people outside the USA. It's just an observation.

WHOA. CDC Presser just started, the guy came online and said post phoned. No Bat date, no Bat time for the future presser. Hmmmmm

ETA: Saw above post.. no, there are not live online, just through calling in. FYI for the future @californiagem
My message said this call has been cancelled and will be rescheduled....

"We are in uncharted territory," Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says.
"We have never before seen a respiratory pathogen that is capable of community transmission, but which can also be contained with the right measures." Coronavirus live updates: WHO says containment of novel coronavirus 'is feasible' and 'top priority'
ABC News on Twitter

LATEST: WHO director-general says containment of the novel coronavirus "is feasible and must remain the top priority for all countries." https://t.co/RxtVJyhomB
ABC News on Twitter

State health officials announced the first case of coronavirus in New Hampshire on Monday morning.

Dr. Benjamin Chan, New Hampshire state epidemiologist, said at a press conference that one of the four people being tested for coronavirus came back positive. That person had recently traveled to Italy.

Chan said the person who tested positive is an adult from Grafton County in the northwestern part of the state. They are not sick enough to be hospitalized but are on home isolation.

1st Confirmed Case of Coronavirus in New Hampshire

Pandemics are inevitable and researchers are aware of this. They've predicted this for a long time. Just didn't know when. Most thought it was going to happen with the Avian flu but we were lucky. I believe proper and quick containment actions helped with that. Believe me, I would be so happy to eat 'crow' if I'm wrong and I'm praying I am. But this has slipped through our borders...

"We are in uncharted territory," Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says.
"We have never before seen a respiratory pathogen that is capable of community transmission, but which can also be contained with the right measures." Coronavirus live updates: WHO says containment of novel coronavirus 'is feasible' and 'top priority'
ABC News on Twitter

LATEST: WHO director-general says containment of the novel coronavirus "is feasible and must remain the top priority for all countries." https://t.co/RxtVJyhomB
ABC News on Twitter
@Henry2326 You've been wonderful with keeping us abreast of occurrences and info. Thank you.

WHO chief on coronavirus: "Our message to all countries is: This is not a one-way street. We can push this virus back. Your actions now will determine the course of the outbreak in your country. There is no choice but act now."
BNO Newsroom on Twitter
Leaders of every country must listen and act accordingly.

I have gloves and masks but now I'm wishing I could order hazmat suits. In all seriousness, I worry most about my son bringing it home than anything else. He's in high school and works at a large department store. I asked him last night if they had addressed it at work and to my surprise, he said no.

Google Amazon Giraffe Suit.

OIP.KYt7I-OXdEOflBkWYAyr4gHaPM

I'd rather wear that than a boring old white bunny suit ( that's what they are informally called in healthcare settings, esp OB)

MORE: WHO's Ryan says in Singapore and Hong Kong, measures have not involved walling off cities, yet both countries have been very effective in suppressing and driving down virus transmission Reuters on Twitter

I think China has to be given credit for implementing a lockdown quarantine that undoubtedly saved lives.

Obviously, we still have lots of questions about how this all started and what happened to the early alarms ( like from the late great Dr. Li who warned about the new virus and died from it).

But if China had not enforced their quarantines and stopped their flights, tourism, internal travel, etc. I believe the world would have been inundated with active cases much earlier and we would still be tracing thousands of deaths, rather than hundreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13