Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Bay Area Health Care Workers ‘Presumptive Positive’ for Coronavirus

Two Bay Area health care workers have been determined "presumptive positive" for coronavirus - one of the workers is from Alameda County and the other one from Solano County.

Both cases are NorthBay VacaValley Hospital health care workers and are currently in isolation at home. According to officials, both health care workers had exposure to the community-acquired case hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center.

Two Bay Area Health Care Workers ‘Presumptive Positive’ for Coronavirus

Probably sleeping. She stayed up all night last night posting on here and eating up all her Survival Tater Tots......LOL !...... Runaaaaawaay !....moo

Survival Tater Tots - OMG I laughed so hard. First time that I have heard of those. I am surprised but glad to know that I am not the only one who might dip into certain stockpiled food items. You know, the ones that are yummy. I don't have to worry about the rice, pasta, beans, etc. That stuff will be there forever!

I haven't seen neither Syria nor Turkey having reported any cases yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are cases in those countries already. I can imagine the tragedy happening if/when the CoViD-19 gets a hold in a Syrian refugee camp, where there are very little health care available, nor enough clean water and other methods to to keep the virus at bay.

As the Turkish president Erdogan have now opened the borders to Greece for the refugees, the risk is high for spreading the virus, and in a even more pessimistic view I can see the threat of refugees deliberatly being killed to stop them from passing, an even more terrible tragedy than already is happening around the Mediterranean.

I just started thinking about the small (6000 students) state university in my town that has a number of foreign students, including about 30 from China. Winter break was about a month from early December to early January. It’s unlikely these students go all the way home for that break, but if any did happen to bring this virus back here with them, I suppose we’d know about it by now...right? :eek: Please say “yes.”

(Reuters) - A nursing home near Seattle is locked down after a resident and a worker were found to have the new coronavirus, officials at the home said.
The Life Care Center of Kirkland is not accepting new patients or allowing visitors, family or vendors into the facility while officials focus on the health of the current residents and staff, center officials said in a statement late on Saturday.

“Concerned family members or responsible parties may call our facility,” the release posted on its website said. “The facility is currently placing a hold on admissions as well to fully focus on our current residents and associates.”

A representative for the nursing home could not be reached by Reuters on Sunday for further comment.

State officials said that an additional 27 residents of the nursing home and 25 staff members are reporting symptoms of the virus, which can be similar to that of the common flu.

The nursing home statement said members of its corporate clinical team were on site to provide extra assistance and that the home was in contact with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Washington Health Department.

Washington state nursing home on lockdown after two cases of coronavirus found

Secondary school in Dublin Ireland closed for 14 days. Connected to first case that was announced yesterday. Male returned to school last week after ski trip to northern Italy. Approx 500 pupils attend the school.
Sandra on Twitter

The Department of Health says the secondary school which is being closed following the first case of Covid 19 will not be identified - in order to 'protect the individual, their family and their community'. | Latest Coronavirus Headlines RTÉ News
RTÉ News on Twitter

I just started thinking about the small (6000 students) state university in my town that has a number of foreign students, including about 30 from China. Winter break was about a month from early December to early January. It’s unlikely these students go all the way home for that break, but if any did happen to bring this virus back here with them, I suppose we’d know about it by now...right? :eek: Please say “yes.”

I'd like to say yes....to make you feel better. Don't know for sure though, honestly.

And, it works both ways, as many universities are recalling their students studying abroad from Italy and South Korea. Villanova and Temple in Philly are in the process now. Students still in Rome are being shown on tv preparing to return to the Philly campuses. I suppose it's possible they bring home more than their luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214