Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A cruise?!? Yikes!?!
(But then I’m not a fan of cruises, twice was enough for me)

I wouldn't go on a cruise now, either! When DH and I were on our January cruise, we made a "future cruise deposit" but made no specific plans for another cruise. A Princess representative called last night to ask if we were ready to book a future cruise, and DH said to call us when there is a really good deal on cruises for next winter. For now, the sales focus is for summer and fall sailing. It seems that no one is interested in cruising due to COVID-19. I expect airlines, cruise lines, resorts, etc. to take a major hit. They will have to find a way to recoup their losses with future sales promotions.

LOL I knew I spelled that wrong but cold water splashed there , not a great thought , like rear end waterboarding , I'm so not french and cool might need a laminated cheat sheet like a book on a hook right by the john (little Rosemary's baby reference there)

That’s not like any bidet I’ve ever seen! It’s supposed to be separate from the toilet.

I never heard of them either before now. Interesting.

For people like myself that have Septic tanks and are not on city sewage pipes, please be careful with TP. Make sure it says "Septic Safe" or you may end up having to pay for Septic cleanouts some months down the line.

I always have trouble finding the Septic Safe markings on TP.
Even if a product says "flushable" I don't flush it! I have heard horror stories of ppl paying tons of money to fix plugged up pipes and water accidents from clogged up septic systems.

I'm not buying the Surgeons General recommendation to NOT wear a mask. Every photo I see has everyone wearing a mask, the U.S. should be not different.

The task force needs to find a way, come up a manufacturing plant, pay a company to open one ...whatever it takes!!!! I want masks!!!

MOO...

Yes and I want other people to wear masks. I’m tired of people coughing all over the place. At least if they wear masks it could contain it a bit

I wouldn't go on a cruise now, either! When DH and I were on our January cruise, we made a "future cruise deposit" but made no specific plans for another cruise. A Princess representative called last night to ask if we were ready to book a future cruise, and DH said to call us when there is a really good deal on cruises for next winter. For now, the sales focus is for summer and fall sailing. It seems that no one is interested in cruising due to COVID-19. I expect airlines, cruise lines, resorts, etc. to take a major hit. They will have to find a way to recoup their losses with future sales promotions.
I just avoid the buffet area on cruises and I also do not go to buffet restaurants either except Mongolian grills that cook everything on high heat to kill everything :)

I am an adjunct online instructor for a university on an “as needed” basis. I’m starting to think my skills may be in more demand in the future if more schools look at online options.
My daughter is a freshman in college. One of her professors told her class today that the university is considering closing campus, and having all students finish out semester via online. The university is also bringing home immediately all study abroad students.

Fauci: the federal govt is not going to be able to make hundreds of millions of doses of vaccine. Needs commercial partner. @MittRomney asks if govt should provide funding to have capacity ready to go. HHS's Kadlec says yes. Only capacity we have now is egg production #COVID19

Kadlec: We'd have a longer than 6th-month wait to scale up vaccine production based on existing technology (cited egg production). Note Sanofi-Pasteur, others, discussing recombinant production #COVID19

HHS's Robert Kadlec tells @MittRomney U.S. would need 3.5B N95 respirator masks in most severe situation; currently has 10% of what's needed #COVID19

Asked about aircraft exposure, CDC's Anne Schuchat says "just a couple rows" around exposed passenger may be at risk. @MittRomney asks "should we not be telling people on airplanes: you may not cough or sneeze unless you're covering your mouth?" #COVID19. OMG

Meg Tirrell on Twitter

Yes!! Come on! I’m so sick of ignorant, selfish people who cough and sneeze without covering their mouths. And does no one teach their kids how to do that these days?

I guess I’m just paranoid about that. I’ve always been, BTW. I’m terrified of the regular flu. When they tested me last year I was very scared that I had it. So relieved that I didn’t. But at least there are vaccines that help protect me from that.

Amanda Bossard on Twitter

#CORONAVIRUS #UPDATE: @NYCMayor says Westchester man who tested positive works at a law firm in midtown Manhattan. 7 people at that firm have been deemed worthy of testing by the NYC Health Dept. His 2 sons are also currently isolated in their Westchester home. (1/2)
How about all the people on his flight from Miami? Will they be notified? How about the flight crew?

No, I get it, and I wasn’t trying to yell at you :)

I was yelling at the CDC (wonder if they heard me....)

It’s understandable for people to not realize how few tests have actually been done. The information is not readily available. One has to dig and dig and dig to find out the numbers.

Once I found out that CA was still only 300 tests total as of today I think I flipped my gourd. I was under the impression the other day from our bright-white-toothed Governor’s presser that we’d have many many more tested by now.

I'd love to know there's a lack of test kits. I do know the CDC was gutted in 2018 to save money. A real bad idea if you ask me!
These two years preparing in advance would have helped right now. So we are scrambling to catch up with other countries now.
Well God will protect them. And licking shrines.

I’m sorry. That just really angered me. But I read that the men in the video were arrested for that though.

There's always some jackass who refuses to take good advice. People are daring each other to lick toilet seats at bars to prove they are not going to catch the virus.
I do not get it.

Coronavirus costs may start to mount for those getting tested and treated

Americans with flu-like symptoms are rushing to doctors and hospitals to check if they have coronavirus.

But that testing – and treatment, if they are indeed infected and in serious condition – could mean big surprise medical bills for some patients. Already, there are reports of those being checked and those being quarantined winding up on the hook for thousands of dollars.

Coronavirus live updates: Outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

And that’s going to prevent some people from seeking testing and/or care.

My daughter is a freshman in college. One of her professors told her class today that the university is considering closing campus, and having all students finish out semester via online. The university is also bringing home immediately all study abroad students.
My son's college is thinking about that as well. He said he will come back on the train and not fly.

NEW INFO:
Two confirmed #coronavirus patients in Georgia are a 56-yr-old father & 15-yr-old son. Mother & second 2nd being tested now.
**Both children are home schooled.**
Dad, who traveled to Italy, says symptoms already subsiding. #11Alive Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members