Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a 3% death rate.

Latest news about fatality rates:

"About 3.4% of confirmed cases of COVID-19 have died, far above seasonal flu’s fatality rate of under 1%, but the novel coronavirus can be contained, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a Geneva news conference: “To summarize, COVID-19 spreads less efficiently than flu, transmission does not appear to be driven by people who are not sick, it causes more severe illness than flu, there are not yet any vaccines or therapeutics, and it can be contained.”​

Coronavirus more deadly than flu but containable – WHO’s Tedros

I wonder if people think the water supply will be contaminated?

I can’t imagine it would be.... am I missing something? Is this possible? :eek:

Weren’t there reports out of China that mentioned they thought the virus may have spread through water pipes? I just remembered that, but with so much info flying around, does anyone else recall that as well?

JMO
I am guessing some people do think that, and since the local and state and federal governments are quick to blame the public for things, I am blaming them for this because they have not made enough public service announcements that clearly communicate you cannot contract this from the water supply (or can you? lol). So I suspect some do think that public water supplies could be a source of infection.

I stockpiled some bottled water because I drink bottled water and I wanted to get a bunch of supplies to reduce my need to go to stores for awhile.

However, with reports that vaccines are so far away I don’t think it’s going to make much of a difference.

My daughter is a freshman in college. One of her professors told her class today that the university is considering closing campus, and having all students finish out semester via online. The university is also bringing home immediately all study abroad students.
This seems to be the trend with colleges in this area now even prior to this coronavirus situation. My daughter is a freshman also and so far she has had half her classes on campus and half online. Some majors are 100% online even if the student is a "regular" student (that's another subject altogether...don't get me started!).

CDC will now generally updating coronavirus case totals by noon on weekdays, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a press briefing today. The most up-to-date case counts will come from states, she said.

Messonnier said CDC is no longer reporting the number of people under investigation on its website because CDC’s figures are no longer representative of the testing being done nationally.

Coronavirus live updates: Outbreak spreads across the world - CNN

Coronavirus death toll climbs to 79 in Italy

The novel coronavirus has killed 79 people in Italy as of 6 p.m. local time on Tuesday, the Italian Civil Protection authority said in a statement.

According to the statement, the number of total cases has also risen to 2,502.

And that’s going to prevent some people from seeking testing and/or care.
its stopping a LOT of people. Someone in Oregon was told 6k for testing is patients responsibility.
Since so many have large deductibles, insurance is not paying until after deductable is paid. People that don't have that cash laying around will not get tested.

CDC will now generally updating coronavirus case totals by noon on weekdays, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a press briefing today. The most up-to-date case counts will come from states, she said.

Messonnier said CDC is no longer reporting the number of people under investigation on its website because CDC’s figures are no longer representative of the testing being done nationally.

I am going to have to renew my subscription to Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report

That’s not like any bidet I’ve ever seen! It’s supposed to be separate from the toilet.
check them out on amazon. You connect under the toilet seat, water comes from back and is adjustable, can have hot or cold and has a self clean feature for the sprayer. I got one for christmas, i must way, i'm squeaky clean :-) These are not the 'bidet's' of old... they have settings for women, spray adjustability and temperature adjustability.

WHO, Dr Tedros: 3.4% of reported covid patients die, by comparison seasonal flu kills far fewer than 1%.

According to my calculations, assuming that everyone in the USA is eventually infected and there is no vaccine, and based on China fatality rates and USA populations ...

16% of the population is over age 65 (using age 65 rather than age 70).

CensusBureau-US-Population-Distribution-by-Age-Group-and-Gender-Sept2019.png

On Feb 11 in China 23% of reported patients over age 70 died.

View attachment 235919
What is 23% of 16% of the total population in the USA?

Total population is 327 million. What is 16% of 327 million?
16/100 = x/327
x = 52.
52 million people are over age 65.​

What is 23% of 52 million?
23/100 = x/52
x = 12
~12 million fatality rate from coronavirus in a short time period​

So How Many Millennials Are There in the US, Anyway? (Updated) - Marketing Charts

That obviously doesn't match the numbers in China. Is that because the infection rate is quite low? Is the reporting rate low? We need to know the percent of people over 70 who are actually infected.
I’ll go out on a limb and say that there is no way 100% of the US population will be infected with the coronavirus. In addition, I believe the flu will kill more Americans than the coronavirus.

Last edited:
Well around here if there’s a break in a main or another pipe. It can take up to a few days to fix. And what if half the water dept is out sick. Neighborhoods and sections of town can be without water. Or if there’s a big fire causing extra water usage we get “rusty water” for a while.
4 gallons a day plus pet. I can’t buy or store that much for long term . Like to have a few days though.

All good points. Makes me wonder how many of the items they use for repairs are manufactured in China?

BREAKING: A 7th person with coronavirus has died in the Seattle area. This time, the infection wasn’t identified until well after the person's death.
The death was 6 days ago at Harborview Medical Center.
Coronavirus Updates: Washington State Coronavirus Toll Rises as Earlier Death Is Tied to the Virus

A seventh person with coronavirus has died in the Seattle area of the US, but the infection wasn’t identified until after their death.

The individual was brought to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center on 24 Feb and died two days later, on Wednesday, before a crisis in the state began unfolding over the weekend.

Test samples have tested positive for the virus. “In coordination with Public Health, we have determined that some staff may have been exposed while working in an intensive care unit where the patient had been treated.”

Coronavirus: Iran to mobilise 300,000 soldiers and volunteers as 23 MPs infected - latest news

Weren’t there reports out of China that mentioned they thought the virus may have spread through water pipes? I just remembered that, but with so much info flying around, does anyone else recall that as well?

That was confirmed during SARS outbreak.

"The biggest SARS outbreak in Hong Kong spread through the plumbing in an apartment complex after visits from a man sick with the disease, a health official said Thursday."​

Leaky Plumbing Linked To SARS Spread

"Nevertheless, evidence of the virus has been found in almost every body fluid that has been tested, including blood, feces, urine, saliva and even tears, Stohr said. Moreover, other members of the coronavirus family can be very rugged, surviving at freezing temperatures for as long as a year, in direct sunlight for 10 hours and at room temperature for two weeks, Stohr said. "We know that some coronaviruses are quite resistant," Stohr said in reference to the type of virus now reported as the cause of SARS."

Water droplets contaminated with the SARS virus may have been sucked out of bathroom drains into apartments by ventilation fans, said the Hong Kong health secretary, Dr. Yeoh Eng-kiong.

The disease - severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, apparently also was spread through person-to-person contact and possibly by rats and cockroaches, Yeoh told a news conference."​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...lumbing/99bcd25f-de85-472a-b084-4f847e0dac9a/

I’ll go out on a limb and say that there is no way 100% of the US population will be infected with the coronavirus. In addition, I believe the flu will kill more Americans that the coronavirus.

Many people become very complacent about annual flu outbreaks: They know that there will be a flu outbreak but don't seem to take it seriously. Even with vaccines available, many folks still don't get an annual flu shot. The heightened awareness of COVID-19 will probably go a long way to keep the majority of Americans safe from the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T