Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an app't to see my oncologist Thursday. At a hospital. In a city with 20 cases. Sigh. If it was any other app't I would probably cancel but it's kinda important. At least I can ask him how paranoid he thinks I should be, as an immuno-compromised person.

I’m interested to see what my doctor says tomorrow as well.

John Hopkins University is behind it - perhaps they should be more cautious with their data analysis visualization.

If it's Johns Hopkins,that just makes it worse, imo.

Eta: when I made my initial comment, I'd already noted the Lancet tag on the visualization. So, believe it or not, this cretin knows what the Lancet is and was well aware that the image was coming from "credible" sources. People are human and tend often have their own interests at heart, whatever their particular motivation might be. Sometimes, they may not even realize it. jmo

Last edited:
At my desk today at work, it was astonishing the number of times I had to reach for a pen, not knowing who else had touched it

And I do agree about getting one of those stylus things to use on a keypad that other people touch ( like a grocery store or a gas pump)

Yes, and another thing close to that which just happened to me at the automatic checkout counters at Walmart.

I usually go to one of the checkouts that had a person there at the register but decided it would be a little safer to use the automatic Self-Checkout lines. Well.....the plan was working until I hit the end of the process where I had to use their screen keypad to enter some selections on how i was using my credit card. Right about the time I touched the screen, I knew right then and there it was a bad idea because of how many hundreds or even thousands of people may have touched that same spot on the small screen.

My goodness. The sheer number of places and things that can infect us is just incredible.

Note to self: Bring rubber disposable Nitrile gloves with me at all times. No matter where I go in the future.

I heard on the news yesterday that there will be prescription drug shortages because necessary ingredients come from China. Some are from India, but India gets their supply from China. This isn't the first time there has bee this type of problem, but this is probably the first time that China has been out of commission for such a long time (3-4 months).

Here is the link to the FDA drug shortage page. Someone posted this WAY back in thread 4, 5 or 6?? I don't remember who, but thank you!
FDA Drug Shortages

At my desk today at work, it was astonishing the number of times I had to reach for a pen, not knowing who else had touched it

And I do agree about getting one of those stylus things to use on a keypad that other people touch ( like a grocery store or a gas pump)

I got one at the 99 cent store thanks to whoever had that smart suggestion yesterday.

(FOX NEWS) -- As the deadly coronavirus outbreak continues to ravage the country, pet owners in China are putting on makeshift masks on their furry friends.

Photos on the Chinese social media app Weibo show pets – namely cats – wearing the makeshift masks, many of them made from traditional surgical masks. Owners are cutting holes in the material to accommodate the animal’s eyes while the rest of their face remains covered.
Cats are wearing coronavirus masks in China

There is no way in the world my cat would keep this on.:D

Attachments

• EA68E6EB-BBAF-46EC-9BC4-1A995D77E195.jpeg
    EA68E6EB-BBAF-46EC-9BC4-1A995D77E195.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online