Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KPIX 5 on Twitter

MARTINEZ (CBS SF) — Contra Costa County health officials on Tuesday confirmed the county’s first case of coronavirus.

Officials with Contra Costa Health Services said the person tested positive on Tuesday afternoon. The county’s public health lab conducted the test, which is expected to be confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the coming days.

The patient is being treated at a county hospital, but health officials wouldn’t disclose which one. The infected person had no known travel history and no known contact with anyone else confirmed to have COVID-19, CCHS officials said.

Contra Costa County Confirms First Local Case Of Coronavirus

Iirc, this is a testing location also? (Need to double check)

—-

For reference:

Coronavirus impact: Contra Costa County takes precautions against COVID-19 despite no cases
Monday, March 2, 2020 6:34PM

—-

Novel Coronavirus Cases Confirmed in Contra Costa County :: Press Releases :: Contra Costa Health Services
Tuesday, February 25, 2020

—-

Three coronavirus patients being treated in Contra Costa County
1 week ago

—-

Bay Area laboratory assisting in the detection of coronavirus cases
February 8

Last edited:
Huffing and puffing...I feel like I ran a marathon getting caught up!! A few thoughts:

Congratulations on your new gig @margarita25! Those kids are in for a treat. I love that you’ve saved everything that your students gave you. My husband taught fifth and second grades for 30 years and saved a lot. May I ask what you taught? When I told him what you’d be doing his eyes lit up. But he’d rather help out locally if needed. Have fun!

Another subject...After asking about this on Sunday, I found out today that my congregation will be instituting extra sanitation, including for handheld microphones, and will emphasize the need to stay home if you’re sick. I’m sure we’ll be impacted if gatherings are discouraged locally, but for now it will encourage awareness. My husband was already fist-bumping on Sunday! :D

And bless his heart...he picked up the equivalent of 48 rolls of Charmin TP before I even started thinking of hoarding...I mean preparing! Good guy! :)

KPIX 5 on Twitter

MARTINEZ (CBS SF) — Contra Costa County health officials on Tuesday confirmed the county’s first case of coronavirus.

Officials with Contra Costa Health Services said the person tested positive on Tuesday afternoon. The county’s public health lab conducted the test, which is expected to be confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the coming days.

The patient is being treated at a county hospital, but health officials wouldn’t disclose which one. The infected person had no known travel history and no known contact with anyone else confirmed to have COVID-19, CCHS officials said.

Contra Costa County Confirms First Local Case Of Coronavirus
Wow.....almost covers all counties between San Franciso and Sacramento....this isn't good....

Can you call the doctor and have them call some other pharmacies? Or maybe you call some other pharmacies, tell them the situation, see if they have it in stock, then call the doc and have them call it in over there? I’ve been on the phone with my doc and pharmacist for days. I finally got everything squared away but it took a lot of time, effort and phone calls.
That is a good idea, I will call tomorrow morning. Thank you.

I really want to know what "an underlying condition" is!
High blood pressure? Obese? Diabetes? Allergies?
We need to know what to be more careful with. Imo

I'm sure I read the diabetes is one. Also, anyone who has an underlying respiratory condition like asthma --especially the elderly since they are most likely to develop and die from pneumonia regardless of how they get sick initially (like the flu).

eta: here's a whole article about it. Sounds consistent with everything else I've read, but I can't verify the bona fides beyond what's in their "about" section

Who is getting sick? A look at coronavirus risk by age, gender, and more

From what I’ve read in general, “underlying conditions” include diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, obesity for starters. Since COVID-19 affects lungs, I’m sure asthmatics and smokers would be at a disadvantage.

Me too. I have been getting upset when I hear officials nonchalantly say "But only the elderly or people with underlying conditions are the main ones dying from this".

That gives me no comfort at all because I am pretty certain I am part of the 1st group and also pretty certain I have one of the conditions that qualifies as an underlying condition. Two strikes and I am out.

ALBANY – Twelve members of two Buffalo-area families who recently traveled back from Italy are quarantined in their homes as they are being tested for possible coronavirus infections, state officials said Tuesday.

Administration officials said six of the dozen family members are symptomatic and are being tested; precisely how ill those individuals are was uncertain Tuesday morning.

The health agency later said the test specimens collected in Erie County are being sent to the Wadsworth Center, the state health department's lab in Albany.

6 Buffalo-area residents show symptoms of coronavirus

Last edited:
ATLANTA — MARTA announced Tuesday their plans to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Officials said in a statement that tips for preventing the spread of the virus have been distributed to all MARTA employees and distributed at all MARTA facilities. The transit authority will also ramp up cleaning efforts.

"MARTA will continue to thoroughly clean its facilities, rail stations, buses, and trains, with a focus on high touch areas such as handrails, elevator buttons, escalators, and Breeze machines. Antibacterial and antiviral cleaners are used in the clean-up of bodily fluids," MARTA said in a statement.
MARTA announces plans to help stem spread of coronavirus

I kind of liked those plastic protection suits too. Except since the young people will have a hard time meeting potential new mates to help pro-create the world, I think some major improvements in the design should be addressed. Like maybe have individually unique Ergonomically correct molds that sit off the body only about 3 inches out, so our individual outlines and unique body forms can be highlighted to help attract mates. No cheating in key areas. LOL :)

Maybe that's why I liked it so much

I read diabetes, asthma, immune disorders. Of course if someone is already sick with something like cancer or whatever, this would be a big problem. Like the regular flu.

USA is quickly rising up the chart, map becomes more interesting by the day as the entire map turns red.

View attachment 236064

This is 5 weeks ago on January 28.

View attachment 236066

I have to point out that the red on the map represents ~.001 percent of the world's population. So the entire map turning red is, imo, beyond a gross misrepresentation of the issue and has to be deliberate, imo

@margarita25 The Twilight Zone is doing the double posting again.

Yeah, there seems to be a few “recurring themes” going on here “in my head”, Twilight Zone, Airplane, Wizard of Oz...Pink Floyd surely is coming next.

Ok back to business.

Man, again, the faster these threads move, means the more the spread. I’m still in the last thread. Sigh.

I don’t want to speed-read though and miss important facts or compromise my solid foundation up to this point. As anxious as I am to be in the present, I’m going back...The thing that sucks is when you’re in a prior thread it’s hard to quote for reference. I took some screenshot notes though.

Thanks for keeping all the information coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal