Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, quit passing it down. MOO The biggest failure of the US gov was to keep saying to look only at travel to Wuhan... and just recently was saying they had to have travelled in last 14 days to epicenter to be considered. WTF.. We here were all yelling at our computers virutally. Yep, I listen to their calls, and they state that gosh, that's in the past, we need to look forward without answering. Huge fail for the US MOO.

They are worse than useless at the moment, they have actively made things worse...if they were simply going to throw the states to the wolves, they should have done so from the beginning...active deception has been going on and yes it is completely political in my book. Because somebody political disbanded that epidemic team...

Takeaway #1: all the people who don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom, need to start getting slapped

Takeaway #2: People might also want to lay in some ultraviolet germ zappers (think I saw Sharper Image with one touted for use in hotels); and there's one that made its debut on Shark Tank as well

Takeaway #3: maybe already here on this thread, but for anyone who has not seen the real-time (or close enough) Johns Hopkins database:

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Sixteen new cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Stockholm, taking the total number of cases in Sweden to 52.

Region Stockholm have said:

Sixteen additional patients were found infected with Covid-19 ... The infected patients are being cared for in isolation to reduce the risk of further transmission.

The causes of four of the 31 confirmed cases in the Stockholm region remain under investigation, as – unlike the rest of the cases – no clear link to infection abroad or contact with people who had been infected abroad was found.

Coronavirus live updates: Italy to close schools and universities as death toll passes 100

Hungary’s prime minister has confirmed the nation’s first two cases, saying each involves an Iranian student. Writing on his Facebook page, he has said:

We have the first infected individual, or rather two right away, whom we had to hospitalize. They have no symptoms yet but the fact of the infection has been confirmed.

The students had travelled home for the Iranian new year, and one of them reported for a health check once back in Hungary to make sure he was not infected, declining to say which school the students attend.

The wife of one of the students and the girlfriend of the other were isolated, adding that Hungary was assessing their movements before the diagnosis and any risk of further contagion.

Coronavirus live updates: Italy to close schools and universities as death toll passes 100

Is the testing kit doing a lot of good, though? The last I heard, it was proclaiming lots of sick people well and well people sick; at least at the time of the first cruise ship panic. Maybe and hopefully its rate of success will improve, with the news that the U.S. is testing a cure; but I'm currently more worried about the death tolls than the incipient-cases tolls.

RSBM And this new research of an L-type and an S-type of Covid-19, it is concerning that the Covid-19 will end up like influenza and have its own strains that each need their own vaccine. But hopefully they'd be able to do the same as with the flu shot, and put more than one strain into a single vaccination. I have no idea if it would be feasible to find a single non-mutating point on the Covid-19 that's common to all strains and suitable for a vaccine.

I guess it will help when they develop and start widely-using the antibody tests, so that they can see if the antibodies for one strain will work on other strains?

I *think* I have finally found the original article that folks are referring to, (The L vs S strains..... one strain is more rampant/ineffective) for those that like to go to the scientific source for information.

On the origin and continuing evolution of SARS-CoV-2

https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article-pdf/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/32757241/nwaa036.pdf

and downloadable pdf for those that like to keep is attached

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, if they believe man on the moon and the holocaust were fake... I would say run for the hills.

Not worth your time to even try to educate. You have to help the ones that are 1/2 a brain, and put on ignore those that will never turn around and listen and investigate as we are doing here. Just know, there are lots and you are not alone with "acquaintances" such as that.

and flat earth.
I just can't anymore...I hope they wash their hands but even that is some conspiracy to infringe on their rights.

Since we all will be doing a lot of hand washing, people may not realize just how unsanitary those hand dryers are in public restrooms.

Hand dryer study shows they blow hands with bathroom fecal bacteria

We know fecal bacteria shoots into the air when a lidless toilet flushes — a phenomenon known, grossly, as a "toilet plume." But in bathrooms where such plumes gush regularly, where does all that fecal bacteria go?

Into a hand dryer and onto your clean hands, perhaps. That's what a new study suggests. Researchers examined plates exposed to just 30 seconds of a hand dryer compared to those left in, you know, just plain feces-filled air.

The findings: Air-blasted plates carried 18-60 colonies of bacteria on average, whereas two minutes' exposure to the mere bathroom air left fewer than one colony on average.

Restroom Hand Dryers Spread More Germs Than Paper Towels, Study Finds

"Next time you dry your hands in a public toilet using an electric hand dryer, you may be spreading bacteria without knowing it. You may also be splattered with bugs from other people's hands," Wilcox said in a university news release.

"These findings are important for understanding the ways in which bacteria spread, with the potential to transmit illness and disease," he added.

The Dirty Truth About Hand Dryers – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic

One sure-fire way to keep flu and other viruses at bay is to wash your hands often and well.

But, if you can, avoid high-speed jet air dryers in public restrooms. Research shows that they spread — rather than remove — germs. The same is true to a lesser extent for warm air dryers.

The clear winner: Good old-fashioned paper towels.

I never believed they stayed in their house all week...and so IT begins in Atlanta...
: The homeschooled 15-year-old patient attended class last week at home school study center according to a letter from the center. #11Alive Georgia coronavirus patient attended Woodstock study center; other students under self-quarantine Joe Henke on Twitter

In a letter sent by Living Science to @11AliveNews, the center mentions the state health dept. contacted families of children in the same class, asking them to self-quarantine voluntarily and not return to class until March 12. #11Alive

From the letter sent to @11Alive: "GPDH stated that Living Science was not required to close its campus. However, in an abundance of caution, Living Science has elected to close the campus until Thursday, March 12." #11Alive

The author of the analysis, a computational biologist named Trevor Bedford, said there are likely already at least 500 to 600 cases of Covid-19 in the greater Seattle area. He urged health authorities and the public to immediately begin adopting non-pharmaceutical interventions — imposing “social distancing” measures, telling the sick to isolate themselves, and limiting attendance at large gatherings.

“Now would be the time to act,” Bedford, who is at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, told STAT.
Washington State could see explosion in coronavirus cases, study says

My husband and I decided not to attend a concert in Seattle that we paid big $$ for because of the stupid corona virus. :( I believe it was the right decision but I'm still sad.

And on the home front I just got an email from our local grange canceling a dance because of the virus. It added that there may be more cancellations in the near future.

I feel like a prisoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members