Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 236204

Coronavirus: pet dog belonging to Covid-19 patient infected, Hong Kong health authorities confirm

Hong Kong health authorities confirmed on Wednesday that a pet dog belonging to a Covid-19 patient had contracted the coronavirus, with experts calling it a “low-level infection” that was likely to be the first reported case of human-to-animal transmission of the disease.

• But experts also cite previous experience with Sars suggesting cats and dogs will not fall sick or transmit virus to people

Pet dog of Covid-19 patient infected, Hong Kong health officials confirm

Terrible news.
OMG !! I have 5 seniors :( and 1 young)

9:55 a.m. San Mateo County private school closes due to staffer whose relative tested positive for virus: Officials at Menlo School in Atherton said the school will remain closed through the weekend out of “an abundance of caution and for the safety and well-being of our community.” A staffer, whose identity was not released, had recent contact with a relative who tested positive for the virus on Tuesday, officials said in a letter sent to parents. All school-related activities will also be canceled and officials plan to give the entire campus a “deep clean.”

Coronavirus live updates: California patient dies, SF cruise ship passengers asked to self-quarantine

Meanwhile, my school district (down the street) remains open and I just got an email from the superintendent defending their decision to stay open because “other schools in the area remain open”.

This is an exercise in patience for me.

why do I keep posting 2x ugh Sorry guys!!
You're not the only one and it's the site, not you.

Tip - when you post and you see your post at the bottom as if it hasn't posted, it's likely it did post. What I do now is highlight and cut the second post and write Double or DBM. Otherwise it never goes away.

I’m waiting for the doctor as we speak. In the waiting room there were four different people I saw touch their faces - one man kept stroking his nostrils and lips. Wth? Over and over. Two others touched their faces (mouths and nose) directly after coming out of the office having touched the door handle.

I mean people really aren’t concerned.

I talked to the nurse who checked my vitals and stuff. She is asthmatic. No mask. (I asked). She said she’s just washing her hands more than even usual (which is a lot) and trusting in God because if she freaks out about it she won’t be able to do her job.

I had my first PT session today. Evaluation was last Friday, but today was my first time in the gym and using equipment. There were bottles of hand sanitizer around, but I didn't see dispensers of sanitizing wipes. Therapist had me warm up on a reclining stepper, but I did not use the handgrips. No staff or patients wore masks or gloves.

When my session concluded, and PT was making notes, I asked him about any special precautions that they are taking in the wake of COVID-19. At this time, they are not taking any extraordinary measures but have had communication from hospital executives who advise frequent hand washing, covering mouth/nose when coughing or sneezing, staying home if you feel unwell, etc. I'm going to one of Beaumont Hospital's satellite Physical Therapy facilities that's in a medical office building, so I'm not venturing into a hospital for treatment. It will be interesting to see if the circumstances change over the next several weeks. For now, I'm scheduled for PT twice weekly for eight weeks with another evaluation at that time.

Last edited:
Actually we are....we just have decide who we are listening to....
I'm listening to scientists and doctors.....
Politicans don't have a clue....

It will be a huge lesson for a generation of people that you have to take care of yourself...

Thank you Henry2326 for providing information here! When do you sleep?

Thanks to countless others for info, links, and laughter when needed~Websleuths has been like a family to me many times & in this frightening situation even more so. I may not interact much with many of you as of late but it is personal here and you are in my prayers.

I have 54 rolls of toilet paper for a household of 3. BUT, but, I have a feeling some of my adult children are not stocking up as I have warned them too. We have 15 face masks and only a couple small pocket size hand sanitizers. I have the supplies to make my own however.

I'm in the Charleston, SC area and I have not seen empty shelves yet. But being hurricane country-it can happen in a jiffy. I feel like I have a 30 day supply of food and maybe a 90 day supply of coffee (my comfort food). I do not drink anymore but this makes me want to hoard a few bottles of my old favorites, yikes :eek:.

Thanks all contributing!

You can’t blame people for avoiding these places and that’s just the downside of this.

I wouldn’t eat Chinese food if you paid me at the moment and everybody I know is the same. It’s a complete over reaction and we know that but it’s just the way we feel at the moment and we are certainly not alone in that. It started in China so I think it’s just human nature to over think these things at the moment and to avoid things you associate with the disease.

I think we are
Nope not for me which is why as the article pointed out that Australia Chinatown is a ghost town. The media is feeding this frenzy and the repercussions are 10 fold. I am not stopping people eating Chinese food if they wish but I certainly won’t be and neither will my friends anytime soon.

People are of course free to react how they wish to with this virus but I'm not taking unnecessary chances as I don’t know where these chiefs have been on holiday recently or where their family members have been.

The local Fish and Chip Shop if i want a treat will do just fine at the moment.

IMO
I even said in my post it was not logical but I’m not alone in my thinking here and it’s one of those things.
A namaste bow works even better. No touching of any body parts.

DBM

I think at this stage a polite verbal greeting should be fine for anything official. I'm liking the namaste bow suggestion too.

I agree that a polite verbal greeting is best. At a meeting at work last week, I saw several people cough/sneeze into their elbows, and can't imagine touching elbows with them later in the day at another meeting.

ABC News on Twitter

HAPPENING NOW: Senate holds hearing on mitigating spread of pandemics amid coronavirus outbreak.

Live feed...

Coronavirus outbreak: U.S. Senate committee discusses role of aviation in containing disease | LIVE
NOTE: Going much further than just aviation also.

Folks are getting raked across the coals... it begins

Last edited:
I posted one in the last hour, this is a NEW ONE for today, his second for the day.

He does have opinions (strong ones) about the US!! "appalling and unacceptable and pity" were words he used.

60% of transmission is community spread in South Korea..i.e. no source. He says this is the worst news of this ENTIRE pandemic.

"The Centers for Disease Control have dropped the ball on this one.
Really the level of testing in the United States for such an advanced sophisticated country is just, just appaling. It's unacceptable.
... pity about the delay"

You're not the only one and it's the site, not you.

Tip - when you post and you see your post at the bottom as if it hasn't posted, it's likely it did post. What I do now is highlight and cut the second post and write Double or DBM. Otherwise it never goes away.

Look in the upper right hand corner of the page. If the timer is running, don't hit post reply again because your post is likely just taking a little time to load. This has helped me avoid double posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily