Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, Nassau and Half moon Cay. (Celebrity and Carnival). Yes, just in my group alone, many went to urgent care when they got home. Some had Flu A, Some had Flu B, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Conjunctivitis were all within my group of 100. COVID wasn't even asked/talked about on the 29th of Jan. for anyone in the states, so NO ONE was tested. Could one of us have brought it from a worker on the ship? Absolutely. Staff was sick, some of our servers mentioned it. And they are from all over. Carnival did ask people to call in and let them know when they got sick, according to one in our FB page for the cruise. LOTS of coughs.
I started off with Amoxicillin, as that will usually kick something for me. Didn't do a thing. My Doc knows how i feel about meds in general... so when he said he was prescribing the granddaddy of them all, i knew he heard things in my lungs he did not like. I would never take Levaquin without being VERY sick. The side effects are dangerous and it mentions you should do others first. I took my first one yesterday and within 2 hours i was nauseous, have a HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth, and just feel yucky... added onto the cough. But i'll take it.. 7 days worth. NOT looking forward to it. If this doesn't clear it up, he said we'll fight for a test. Not that treatment is any different than what we are doing... but it would be nice to let people know that I WAS around for the last month.

Omg Kakidoll! Very sorry to hear about your illness and very disturbed about many passengers from your cruise becoming ill. Jan 29 th was early days. Has the cruise line or CDC made any comments with specific concern about covid-19? I have only been on one cruise. I hav heard norovirus is common but is it common to get regular flu bug on cruises? Have any of your fellow passengers obtained tests? I hope you get better very soon.

I think it should be laws for all men to shave off their beards.They could easily harbour the virus.

That's ridiculous. Like virus get in beards but don't get on the hairs of the head? Or anywhere else?? We'd need to required everyone to shave their whole body and bathe in antibacterial soap before leaving the house in their hazmat suits. But no mask because they are all too stupidly to learn how to properly wear a mask.

Amazon has asked all of its employees globally to test their VPN connection on March 5 by logging in remotely. The purpose of the test is to see whether the system can support a scenario in which all Amazon employees work from home, if need be.

JPMorgan Chase is doing something similar, asking 10% of its U.S. employees to work from home on the same day to test their remote access capabilities.

Amazon notified its U.S. employees that a worker in Seattle had contracted the virus, the first confirmed coronavirus case among its U.S. workforce. The company had already confirmed two employees in Italy contracted the virus.

Amazon planning remote-access stress test for all employees amid coronavirus concerns

Today is the day that my daughter and I are headed to Disney for the opening of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios. I'll report back on what tactics they are using (assuming they are doing anything) to prevent spread of the virus. In the meantime, I have attached an actual photo of me as I head to the most magical place on Earth. :D

I love Disney! Have a blast.

Time for desperate measures by our government.

Dang it. Declare martial law for a month.
No flights international or domestic
No passenger trains
No long distance buses or city buses
No taxis
Close all schools and universities
No sporting events
No concerts
No mega church services. (God will hear you praying from home.)
No amusement parks
No conferences

We do not need daily reports on where the virus has spread, how many are affected, or how many died. We have been informed to wash our hands and keep them away from our face. And we know a vaccine is a year or more away.

We need action. Yes. There will be yelling and screaming, "You can't do this." Better a drastic solution than allowing movements and more deaths. People will get over it.

I don’t know about all that. It seems extreme to me. And ya’ll know I’m high risk.

King County, WA on Twitter

On Tuesday, we moved the first of 14 modular units to house patients for treatment and isolation in response to #COVID19, to a site in White Center.

We're working to identify additional sites as needed. No #coronavirus patients are currently occupying the modular units.

Researchers identify two coronavirus types as China cases dwindle
''SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Scientists in China studying the coronavirus outbreak said they had found two main types of the disease could be causing infections.''

''The preliminary study found that a more aggressive type of the new coronavirus associated with the disease outbreak in Wuhan accounted for about 70% of analyzed strains, while 30% was linked to a less aggressive type.

The prevalence of the more aggressive virus decreased after early January 2020, they said.

“These findings strongly support an urgent need for further immediate, comprehensive studies that combine genomic data, epidemiological data, and chart records of the clinical symptoms of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19),” they wrote.

Their findings were published on Tuesday in the National Science Review, the journal of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.''

Just got home and looked and looked and looked. I cannot find original article to read, has anyone else..or anyone want to go down the rabbit hole to look for?

That's ridiculous. Like virus get in beards but don't get on the hairs of the head? Or anywhere else?? We'd need to required everyone to shave their whole body and bathe in antibacterial soap before leaving the house in their hazmat suits. But no mask because they are all too stupidly to learn how to properly wear a mask.
Well, to be fair, beards are by the mouth and nose and other body hair is not.

But, I don't think beards should be outlawed and I don't think cutie-pies like my husband should be discriminated against because he has an adorable beard. At least he did, and might still? It's a running joke in our marriage that I never notice when he grows a beard or shaves it off.

jmo

I posted one in the last hour, this is a NEW ONE for today, his second for the day.

He does have opinions (strong ones) about the US!! "appalling and unacceptable and pity" were words he used.

60% of transmission is community spread in South Korea..i.e. no source. He says this is the worst news of this ENTIRE pandemic.

Gosh, I agree about stopping the face touching. It seems that as soon as I remind myself not to touch my face, it starts feeling itchy all over. :)

I’m waiting for the doctor as we speak. In the waiting room there were four different people I saw touch their faces - one man kept stroking his nostrils and lips. Wth? Over and over. Two others touched their faces (mouths and nose) directly after coming out of the office having touched the door handle.

I mean people really aren’t concerned.

I talked to the nurse who checked my vitals and stuff. She is asthmatic. No mask. (I asked). She said she’s just washing her hands more than even usual (which is a lot) and trusting in God because if she freaks out about it she won’t be able to do her job.

The organisers of Britain’s Cheltenham Festival expect the number of people attending the showcase horse-racing event to be down this year because of concerns over the coronavirus.

A record-breaking 266,000 people attended the four-day event in Gloucestershire last year but the Jockey Club, which runs the event, said ticket sales were slowing.

The festival is bringing in a raft of measures to try to keep racegoers healthy including increasing the number of toilet, hand-washing stations and staff and making antibacterial gel.

The festival is setting up additional toilets and hand-washing facilities and extra staff will operate in all toilet areas to ensure that soap and drying facilities are constantly available.

Coronavirus live updates: Italy to close schools and universities as death toll passes 100

In my opinion this event should have been cancelled.

People drink a lot,are eating, possibly without washing their hands and mingling with crowds of people.
They are also handling money placing bets.
Then using public transport to travel home to various parts of the country.

The organisers of Britain’s Cheltenham Festival expect the number of people attending the showcase horse-racing event to be down this year because of concerns over the coronavirus.

A record-breaking 266,000 people attended the four-day event in Gloucestershire last year but the Jockey Club, which runs the event, said ticket sales were slowing.

The festival is bringing in a raft of measures to try to keep racegoers healthy including increasing the number of toilet, hand-washing stations and staff and making antibacterial gel.

The festival is setting up additional toilets and hand-washing facilities and extra staff will operate in all toilet areas to ensure that soap and drying facilities are constantly available.

Coronavirus live updates: Italy to close schools and universities as death toll passes 100
Wow, just think of all the events coming up in the next few months alone that could be affected if all continues the direction it's on now. Sporting events alone - March Madness, baseball season opening days, Kentucky Derby, Golf - the Masters, Wimbledon....and then concerts, festivals, Broadway shows, conventions. It's mind-boggling.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announced Wednesday that the state will be lifting restrictions on coronavirus testing.

After the governor consulted with Vice President Mike Pence and the CDC, the decision was made to allow anyone exhibiting even mild symptoms to have their primary care doctor order a coronavirus test.

Additionally, the state will be ramping up its testing capabilities “by a factor of ten,” while UW Medicine will soon be able to handle as many as 1,000 tests a day.

Washington to lift restrictions on coronavirus testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member