Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... interesting you should ask. The answer is yes, I’ve still be going, but I just found out it appears the diagnosed preschool teacher taught at the preschool down the street from my yoga studio :eek:

I don’t know what I’m going to do about yoga going forward.... I will probably still go. I really need to go psychologically/emotionally/ and physically. I guess I’ll just keep pressing forward with it if/until they close due to the virus threat.

Man, it’s blowing up around here.
I'm with ya on this. I continue to go to yoga...(and the gym). I love it too much to give up on. I do reserve the right to change my mind though. I can always do a practice at home. I also have weights and an elliptical here in the house.

Admittedly, there are no (known) cases local to me so there still feels like a safety cushion. I substitute in a high school several days a week anyway, so that's probably more of an issue in the long term.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-coronavirus-border-canada-1.5487696

''More than 100 people have been refused entry from Canada into the United States as a result of coronavirus-related travel restrictions, according to a senior U.S. official.

Those refusals stem from new U.S. rules banning entry to anyone recently in coronavirus-affected China and Iran.

The restrictions apply at land borders in addition to air travel — and more Canadian nationals than anyone have been affected by the land-border measure, said Ken Cuccinelli, acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

That figure came out during a U.S. congressional hearing Thursday where he was being pressed by a border-state senator on the American response to coronavirus.

Unlike Canada, which is screening travellers and quarantining the most at-risk ones, the U.S. is systematically banning entry to travellers from certain places.''

I am weary and frustrated by the way my friends and neighbors are not taking this epidemic seriously. I've lived a lot of years and I'm wondering what the He!! has happened to the American mentally!!!!

I’m 58yo and have been thinking the “baby boomer” generation and the generation after them have been very lucky living during these years. No world wars, yes economic recessions (no depressions) good health care, vaccines. Really hard difficult times are a unknown to many, so perhaps it’s not surprising.

“LAFAYETTE, Colo. — A substitute teacher for Centaurus High School in Lafayette is under self-quarantine after he was informed Wednesday that he was aboard a Princess Cruise ship 12 days ago with another passenger who tested positive for coronavirus.”

[...]

“The male substitute teacher, who had been subbing at the school for the past five days, was at the Boulder Valley School District school Wednesday when the cruise line notified him of the infected passenger, according to a district spokesperson.”

Colorado substitute teacher self-quarantines after returning from cruise with coronavirus case

Illinois

The fifth individual is a Cook County resident in his 20s who flew into Chicago O’Hare Airport earlier this month after traveling to Italy. The individual acquired the infection while in Italy and is hospitalized at Rush University Medical Center in isolation. Public health officials are identifying and contacting all close contacts.

At this time, the exposure route for the third and fourth cases is not known. Both individuals recently traveled to another state, but health officials have not been able to link them to a COVID-19 confirmed case in Illinois or the other state. Therefore, because IDPH has been unable to identify a point of exposure for these two cases, IDPH believes it is possible these cases may be due to community transmission in Illinois.

Public Health Officials Announce Fifth Case of Coronavirus Disease in Illinois | IDPH

All this right here shows that we have lost containment! ~~~

On Grand Princess, confusion and missteps reigned as coronavirus spread, passengers say

"Mark Cadiz and his wife Judy were on the Grand Princess to Mexico celebrating her 50th birthday. He found out he had been exposed from the news, he said.“No one has contacted (us),” he said. “I expect somebody might.”
Wednesday, the Cadizes were in a hotel in Oakland, where they had traveled for business.
Both of them are ill, he said. Cadiz said he had been sick since Thursday with chest congestion and sinus problems bad enough that he had stayed home from work for four days.
“I am wheezing in my sleep,” Cadiz said. “It wakes me up.”
Cadiz said they passed the illness to their daughter, who runs a restaurant"
"At least one person who should have been on official lists was not.Sacramento resident Jeff Casalengo was on the cruise with his wife, Lizbeth Galdamez. Friday, he came down with a cough that is “in his lungs,” he said.
He’s been taking Nyquil to sleep and allergy medicine in the day, and working his job installing fire sprinklers.
“I assumed it was allergies,” he said.
But after receiving the email from Princess Cruises, he called his county health department. They told Casalengo he was not on the list of ship’s passengers they had received, and didn’t know if he met the criteria to be tested.“They said they will call me if I need to be tested,” said Casalengo. “I probably don’t have it, but it would be nice to know for sure.”
Casalengo said he’s also worried about spreading the virus. When he returned from the cruise, one of the first things he did was take his elderly father to see the movie “1917.” A few days later, he visited a relative that has a lung condition. Now, with uncertainty looming, he doesn’t know whether he should self-quarantine."

On Grand Princess, confusion and missteps reigned as coronavirus spread, passengers say

Yeah I’m seeing a few things relating to cruise ships:

“It's unclear what Princess Cruise ship the teacher was aboard.”

Colorado substitute teacher self-quarantines after returning from cruise with coronavirus case

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-coronavirus-border-canada-1.5487696

''More than 100 people have been refused entry from Canada into the United States as a result of coronavirus-related travel restrictions, according to a senior U.S. official.

Those refusals stem from new U.S. rules banning entry to anyone recently in coronavirus-affected China and Iran.

The restrictions apply at land borders in addition to air travel — and more Canadian nationals than anyone have been affected by the land-border measure, said Ken Cuccinelli, acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

That figure came out during a U.S. congressional hearing Thursday where he was being pressed by a border-state senator on the American response to coronavirus.

Unlike Canada, which is screening travellers and quarantining the most at-risk ones, the U.S. is systematically banning entry to travellers from certain places.''

That is exactly what should happen. Canada is still playing politics, with open borders to anyone from anywhere. Even the announcement about open borders is about being superior to Australia, which has closed borders to people from some countries.

As a result, people from Iran, China and Italy are spreading the virus across Canada. Even if Canada is quarantining the most "at risk", too many are slipping through the cracks and reporting illness well after they've been moving around the community. The latest case, a woman who was infected on a cruise, didn't develop symptoms until a week after she was home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme