Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, not one word from the VA Board of Education or VA Health Dept on schools, however, every private and state and private college has cancelled all trips abroad and most altogether. Businesses have cancelled conventions in Orlando but Disney welcomes all.

IMO, Disney knows they are a HOT spot!!!! They care more about the dollar than children's lives.
Florida has been declared in a state of Emergency. Someone should tell these parents
and the school board. 19 cases, 2 deaths, and now a case in Central Florida (Disney, Orlando). so it's all over the state, all areas. We've been hamstrung from doing testing so our numbers are not an accurate reflection of what's going on.
everyone has a responsibility not to bring it home and spread it around.
Very Irresponsible.

I agree, not one word from the VA Board of Education or VA Health Dept on schools, however, every private and state and private college has cancelled all trips abroad and most altogether. Businesses have cancelled conventions in Orlando but Disney welcomes all.

IMO, Disney knows they are a HOT spot!!!! They care more about the dollar than children's lives.
I think public schools might be following what the Federal or state authorities are saying. Of course, parents could insist, but I *think* the decision makers at the public schools are looking at what the government entities is advising.

That's what I'm seeing locally. My friends who have kids in college at private colleges are seeing overseas trips/study canceled. My kids go to public universities and the travel plans, so far, match what the government is saying. So if you have a study abroad in a place that is not officially restricted by the gov, the public school is not canceling.

I know I'm veering away from your specific situation - and I'm speculating as well, not relaying fact. Just observations. And the situation is "fluid" as they say, with changes possible at any moment.

jmo

"Italy could be a sign of what is to come." More testing is done there and therefore numbers are more reflective of reality. Only countries testing vigorously are China, South Korea, Italy and Iran. The 107,000 reported cases globally are probably not accurate because of lack of testing.

Big sigh!

AMJoy, MSNBC this morning (NBC London) Richard Engel
Watching live currently.

Good morning everyone.

I am waiting for all of these what 8,000 or 10,000 US people on self or full quarantine to get tested as well as those that were turned away because they had no connection to another or didn’t travel.

That’s when the $hit is going to hit the fan here.

Florida has been declared in a state of Emergency. Someone should tell these parents
and the school board. 19 cases, 2 deaths, and now a case in Central Florida (Disney, Orlando). so it's all over the state, all areas. We've been hamstrung from doing testing so our numbers are not an accurate reflection of what's going on.
everyone has a responsibility not to bring it home and spread it around.
Very Irresponsible.
You mean FL is in a state of emergency and that excludes Disney. Crazy. The CDC also recommended to put out warnings stating that the elderly and fragile should avoid air travel, but the WH removed that language. Grab every last dollar out of the wretched souls, I guess. And the POTUS wanted to leave the cruise ship at sea because it would add to our numbers and that just isn’t fair....

They’ll hide it and expect you to go to work.

My firm already sent us an email that revises our sick leave policy that basically says don’t come to work if you are sick, coughing or sneezing and if you out for 3 days or more that you need a doctors note that says you are not contagious. So I am assuming my employer wants everyone who even has the slightest cold to get tested for CV before coming back to work. I have very limited combined vacation/sick leave, luckily it’s early in the year if I have to use the 2 weeks to self quarantine. No future vacation plans for me with the thought of being out of work with no days left and no pay.

:)

BBM

"A 100-year-old Chinese man has fully recovered from the coronavirus, making him the oldest known patient to pull through the deadly illness, state media reported....

The man suffered from underlying health issues such as Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and heart failure, the outlet said....

He was treated using antiviral medication, convalescent plasma therapy and traditional Chinese medicine, according to the report."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/100-y...ronavirus-the-oldest-patient-to-beat-illness/

I do hope they can find some antiviral medications that exist already and work. Too long to wait for the vaccine. We already have some antiviral meds for other diseases. If they work I hope they are approved fast.

Were those crew members sick and still working with passengers, would be my question. (And by sick, I mean mildy sick, but still contagious.)

jmo

Probably. The lack of transparency about cruise ships is a problem. They are making a big show about stating how passengers will be tested prior to boarding.

But nothing about the health of the crew. And that seems to be the problem.

Fuga dalla Lombardia, assalto alle stazioni di Milano

People packed up and went south before the law went into place this morning. I’m stuck in northern Italy now. My region is not in the red zone but I won’t be able to pass through to go south. People in Italy say the south Doesn’t have the same sanitary structure like in the north. Not really sure what that means translation can get messy.
Sounds like it means it will spread more to the south and they won't be able to handle it as well. A tiny bit irresponsible I'm thinking. JMO

Hope you stay well.

My firm already sent us an email that revises our sick leave policy that basically says don’t come to work if you are sick, coughing or sneezing and if you out for 3 days or more that you need a doctors note that says you are not contagious. So I am assuming my employer wants everyone who even has the slightest cold to get tested for CV before coming back to work. I have very limited combined vacation/sick leave, luckily it’s early in the year if I have to use the 2 weeks to self quarantine. No future vacation plans for me with the thought of being out of work with no days left and no pay.
The problem is, sounds like nobody will test you for covid if you just have slight cold symptoms.

You have a responsible firm. Hopefully those who are out more than three days can get tested.... hope it all works out for you. I work in a school so I don’t know what to expect. Just glad our governor is a doctor and is a careful man (except for his Year Book photos).

The Royal Princess cruise has been cancelled. Passengers waited all day in Los Angeles to board. But reportedly a crew member from Grand Princess had transferred to Royal Princess and that led to the cruise being cancelled. Passengers not happy.
Steve Lookner on Twitter
They should be happy they are not going to get stuck on it with a bunch of covid infections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member