Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
Nobody wants that of course, and I would hope any real official quarantine would be in a proper place for a very limited time until they no longer test positive (they claim anywhere from 2-4 weeks or more but that varies too). But that is not happening anyway, as it appears at least here in the US we are not even doing that on a consistent basis as most of the news I have read tells folks to self quarantine at home.

The officials must have missed the news that some people dont follow the self quarantine rules, and some will sneak out to run errands to go places, on top of the fact their own family members can catch it from them.
Ok... A part time "Quarantine Colony" would be much more humane than a full time " Quarantine Colony", I suppose...... I gotta think about that one. I remember "Leper Colonies" and "Tuberculosis Sanitoriums" in Louisiana and Texas well from when I was a kid..................moo

Last edited:
Getting closer and closer.

@gitana1, omggg please see my above post. I’ve been thinking about you all morning when I ask myself if I’m crazy when everyone else around me is minimizing this and literally mocking and ridiculing me—I’m telling myself that you, and others, who are so smart and whom I respect so much, feel and think the same way, so surely my concern is valid.

Last edited:
CBS News on Twitter

Coronavirus at-home testing kits to be provided by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for Seattle area residents
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is preparing to roll out at-home coronavirus testing kits to residents of the Seattle area — the community hardest hit by the virus in the U.S. so far.

More than 500 cases of coronavirushave been confirmed in the U.S. so far, and at least 24 people have died, the majority of them in Washington state. The Gates Foundation hopes that these new test kits will improve the detection of the disease and help mitigate the impact of the epidemic.

Are these just collection swabs or actually home tests ( like pregnancy tests)

If so, how did they get FDA approval so quickly?

Huge liability problem if this did not get properly reviewed and validated.

I don't think anyone who has prepared is overreacting. I started stocking up three weeks ago. I don't want to be caught up with panicked buyers. It is all products I will use, just in greater quantities.

I have also been keeping up with laundry. If one of us gets sick, I sure don't want loads of laundry to deal with.

My friend, who is going on a cruise mid-March, is currently at the doc with wheezing. She thinks it is allergies. I am hoping and praying the doc tells her she can't go with lung problems. She won't listen to me. *shakes head*

I just Lysol sprayed the Jimmy John driver who ignored my commands to put it "over there on the food tray" he goes out out of his way to walk all the way over to my desk and proceed to breathe on me ....so I sprayed him , I said it 2x.....hope there's no legal issues but Good lord EVERY building he has been is a risk! POLL AM I CRAZY? I have 2 girls one has type 1 diabetes and asthma and 1 with just asthma, so I dont need you breathing on me !
You are not crazy! He didn’t listen the first time. I bet the Jimmy John’s has learned his lesson. Good for you. Stay safe

I don't think anyone who has prepared is overreacting. I started stocking up three weeks ago. I don't want to be caught up with panicked buyers. It is all products I will use, just in greater quantities.

I have also been keeping up with laundry. If one of us gets sick, I sure don't want loads of laundry to deal with.

My friend, who is going on a cruise mid-March, is currently at the doc with wheezing. She thinks it is allergies. I am hoping and praying the doc tells her she can't go with lung problems. She won't listen to me. *shakes head*

Yep, me too. I do the same thing when one of my kid's friends get the stomach flu or a nasty cough. I immediately do all the laundry and stock up at the store. I don't want to get caught unprepared!

The article doesn’t say, but I assume they mean patients with uncontrolled hypertension are at higher risk of dying from coronavirus. At least I hope so. I take two meds to keep mine under control, but the diagnosis is still there, obviously.
Here's an article in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) about hypertension and CoViD-19, and other co-morbidities. It seems as if certain blood pressure medicines might elevate the risk for a severe course if infected by the virus. Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia