Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow we are all isolating in our homes at least we can lean on each other and entertain each other with tortilla making classes and fermentation classes!
And we can talk about WS cases. I will give all of my pandemic supplies and toilet paper to anyone who can figure out who murdered Abby and Libby!
Yes, this !
It helps tremendously to be able to talk about this. No one I know is taking this seriously.
And I live alone, and am semi isolating myself.
Plus, my cat isn't listening to me. Nor the dog.

Girl, this is wild...I’m trippin balls...hope court went well...hugs...thank goodness for at least some preparation...that was a gift for us. That was that window Doc T was talking about for so long. That window really was one of “opportunity”.

I feel for the people who have to brave the stores and lines now in a potential sick “sustained” situation...many still won’t care moo.

My driver today said “I gave 50 rides yesterday and I’m okay....” (in other words not to worry LOL...he was one nice guys out of all of this)

I likely have it now LOL

No choice sometimes. You do the best you can . :) And I did the best I could, thanks to all of you.

Woohoo happy dance.

I’m not prepared except hand sanitizer and some medications. If we are quarantined I don’t have enough stuff. Probably enough food but I’d miss a lot of things I need. What I don’t have enough of is paper towels, toilet paper, water, dog and cat food.

Even with what I bought- not enough for 30 days.

That’s why people are hoarding I guess.

After the breakout of the virus near his workplace, my husband is working from home for the near future. Easy for him to do in his line of work.

That’s a good thing. As I’ve said, so many people don’t have the opportunity to do that, depending on your profession. Say if you’re a “manicurist” or “bartender” or “Uber driver” for example....

I’m not prepared except hand sanitizer and some medications. If we are quarantined I don’t have enough stuff. Probably enough food but I’d miss a lot of things I need. What I don’t have enough of is paper towels, toilet paper, water, dog and cat food.

Are they hoarding around you? Supply shortages?

Okay, here’s an interesting situation regarding Cynthiana, KY. A young woman that worked at WMT presented 4x to her doctor or the small hospital. Only her 4th visit prompted them to admit her to the hospital. She was then life flighted to university of KY in Lexington, about 35mi south. Cynthiana treated her for the flu, never tested for CV19. Now, she’s in serious, but stable condition, on a ventilator & is the first known victim of CV19 in KY.
Cynthiana is a small town, maybe 7k population, but likely much less. Prior to this patient becoming ill, a woman from Hong Kong flew to Cynthiana to “escape the CV19”, bringing her three children with her. They arrived stateside prior to testing & quarantine rules were in place.
Her name is Whitney Frisch, you can read her story at the Cynthiana Democrat, if you wish. They did a feature article on her return to KY. Whitney & her family never tested positive but speculation is rampant that she’s the source of CV19 in Cynthiana. As of this evening, Cynthiana has three cases.
Thoughts?
I put myself in isolation because I spent quite a bit of time in Cynthiana, visiting a few stores, including WMT & a nail salon & I have a friend that works at the same WMT. Unfortunately, patient #1 was out and about, despite being sick, so many more cases are expected. Again, she did try to get medical help, but no one seemed to consider she had CV19 until she nearly died. She might have been roaming around for 2+ weeks, even working some days, all while transmitting CV19. WMT did address the situation today.
Weird story, eh? For info about the family from Hong Kong, I can only suggest going to Cynthiana Democrat FB, ask them to PM it to you. I be.ie e they took the article down due to hysteria.
Walmart issues statement in response to Coronavirus concerns
The Cynthiana Democrat
You will need to surf thru the Cynthiana Democrat FB to read areas of interest & find the link to the article about the woman from Hong Kong. Moo

Last edited:

Get dog and cat food from Chewy.com. They're great and deliver within 2 days.

Okay, here’s an interesting situation regarding Cynthiana, KY. A young woman that worked at WMT presented 4x to her doctor or the small hospital. Only her 4th visit prompted them to admit her to the hospital. She was then life flighted to university of KY in Lexington, about 35mi south. Cynthiana treated her for the flu, never tested for CV19. Now, she’s in serious, but stable condition, on a ventilator & is the first known victim of CV19 in KY.
Cynthiana is a small town, maybe 7k population, but likely much less. Prior to this patient becoming ill, a woman from Hong Kong flew to Cynthiana to “escape the CV19”, bringing her three children with her. They arrived stateside prior to testing & quarantine rules were in place.
Her name is Whitney Frisch, you can read her story at the Cynthiana Democrat, if you wish. They did a feature article on her return to KY. Whitney & her family never tested positive but speculation is rampant that she’s the source of CV19 in Cynthiana. As of this evening, Cynthiana has three cases.
Thoughts?
I put myself in isolation because I spent quite a bit of time in Cynthiana, visiting a few stores, including WMT & a nail salon & I have a friend that works at the same WMT. Unfortunately, patient #1 was out and about, despite being sick, so many more cases are expected. Again, she did try to get medical help, but no one seemed to consider she had CV19 until she nearly died. She might have been roaming around for 2+ weeks, even working some days, all while transmitting CV19. WMT did address the situation today.
Weird story, eh?

Link please.

Coronavirus: What's the risk on public transport?
''Trains and buses
''We think that coronavirus probably doesn't hang around in the air in the same way as flu does, so, people need to be in closer contact with each other to catch it. The NHS guidance on coronavirus defines "close contact" as being within 2 metres of an infected person for more than 15 minutes.

So a lot of the potential risk of infection on trains and buses depends on how crowded they are, and this will vary in different parts of the country and on different routes.''

Dr Gosce says that "limiting the number of close contacts with potentially infected individuals and objects is important".

"In terms of travel, avoid peak hours if possible," she says, suggesting, where viable, passengers should choose routes involving only one means of transport.

David Nabarro, a special adviser on coronavirus for the World Health Organization (WHO), told the BBC that although public transport was an important thing to look at, the evidence suggested that the kind of "fleeting contacts" people have when travelling together didn't so far seem to be the "most important source of transmission".

Whatt??

BREAKING: Santa Clara Public Health Officer just announced a legal order banning events w/ more than a thousand people in attendance. It will take place Wednesday March 11 & last for three weeks. It does not include places like airports or shopping malls @kron4news #Coronavirus
Yeah, what a LAME-O press conference!!! Seriously, this Dr Cody person said in a presser last month that COVID19 was not as bad as the flu. She’s a nutter as far as I’m concerned. Sorry if that’s disrespectful, but I’ve had enough of her. I’d be thrilled if she proved my opinions of her wrong.

Sorry @margarita25 , I couldn’t get you the link to the presser in time!! The link wouldn’t work for me at first, and I ended up having to open it in the Facebook app. Anyway, if anyone wants
to see the re-run you can get to it through their website: County of Santa Clara Public Health Department Announces First Death from COVID-19 in Santa Clara County - Public Health Department - County of Santa Clara

So my main takeaways:

Santa Clara County now has 43 confirmed cases and 1 death.

The county has the highest number of cases in the state of California. About 1/3 of California’s cases are in Santa Clara County.

Schools are not closing at this time (more on that from me in next post)

Mandatory ban of events of 1,000 people or more but doesn’t include pretty much anything other than sports arenas and the convention center downtown (my translation there).

Death today was woman in her 60’s with some type of underlying condition. It was community acquired coronavirus and they have no idea where from exactly.

And that’s a wrap...

Amazon delivers.

Near Pasadena, CA.
I'm ready. Reading here has kept me up to date.
Dollar Tree was limited in paper goods, no water, a few containers of bleach.
Stocked up on dog food at Trader Joe's and some frozen items.
I work at a public library on the info desk.
I'm doomed.

Yes, this !
It helps tremendously to be able to talk about this. No one I know is taking this seriously.
And I live alone, and am semi isolating myself.
Plus, my cat isn't listening to me. Nor the dog.
If you ever get your cat to listen, I want your secret. Note - at least having animals is a proven stress reducer. And a comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia