Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we wait for more information about the Korean Air flight attendant visiting the US pre-quarantine, in yesterday’s PC, Dr. Mike mentioned the uncertainty of where we may be, hypothetically, in say “2 months” and “6 months”. (Paraphrasing)

I wonder where the US will be over the next few weeks, in light of this new information coming out about the Korean Air flight attendant.

Incubation anyone?

Marking this post to see where we are in 7 days, 14 days, 21 days...

(Shudder)

ETA: I had actually made this same type of post a couple nights ago, about the US potentially being in the incubation period.

Last edited:
Trump claims coronavirus in US is 'very well under control'

Donald Trump has claimed the coronavirus situation is "very well under control in our country".

At the same time, his administration asked Congress for an additional $2.5bn (£1.9bn) on Monday to prepare in case of a widespread outbreak and to assist other nations.

"We have very few people with it," the president said at a news conference in India.

UK school closed over coronavirus fears after pupils display flu-like symptoms - follow live

BBM:

Korean flight attendant who was in Israel, Los Angeles diagnosed with COVID-19
LIVE NOW-UPDATED 11MIN AGO

“Local media says Korean Air cabin crew member flew to Jewish state along with 200 pilgrims, many of whom also caught the virus, then visited US before entering quarantine”

Ok something just jumped out at me — I was so focused on the “red part” earlier...

New BBM:

“Local media says Korean Air cabin crew member flew to Jewish state along with 200 pilgrims, many of whom also caught the virus, then visited US before entering quarantine”

If he infected some of the pilgrims, then this possibly indicated he was quite infectious at the time.

While it has been stated that transmission can occur symptomatically, I was still wondering/hoping he may not have been that infectious, for whatever reason.

There goes that idea.

ETA:

Maybe not necessarily. This doesn’t necessarily state that HE gave it to them, it just says that many of them also caught the virus.

ETA2: So one (of many) questions is was he the source of the pilgrims being infected (when were they diagnosed?), and was anyone else infected on that plane prior to the actual flight.

We should look for more info about these pilgrims.

—-

So will Israel, etc have an outbreak now?

Last edited:
Turkish evacuation flight from Iran lands in Ankara

A special flight arranged to evacuate Turkish citizens from Iran due to the spread of coronavirus there landed in Ankara today. Passengers and crew will be quarantined for 14 days.

The “132 Turkish passengers and crew” onboard the Turkish Airlines flight “will be transferred to Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Hospital, which was previously evacuated and prepared as a quarantine hospital,” Koca said on Twitter.

The flight, which was scheduled to land in Istanbul from Tehran, landed in Ankara due to 17 suspected cases of coronavirus, state-run Anadolu said. “The 17 passengers are being treated as possible cases as they have higher-than-normal temperatures,” it added.

Live updates: Coronavirus cases surge in Italy, Iran and South Korea - CNN

A coronavirus vaccine is at least a year away, US senators are told

Administration officials told senators that a vaccine was at least 12 to 18 months away, according to three senators present at today's closed briefing on coronavirus.

When asked if we are close to a vaccine, Sen. Roy Blunt said: “We will not have a vaccine in the next 12 or 18 months.”

Sen. Joe Manchin said he asked National Institutes of Health’s Tony Fauci whether they were close to a vaccine and Faucci said “no,” according to Manchin. “I guess Tony should know... It’s very contagious.”

Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Chair Lamar Alexander said: “The vaccine for the coronavirus is moving more rapidly than any vaccine we have already tried to approve — but it will take a year or 18 months. The way to stop (an outbreak) is quarantine and monitoring.”

Senators also said there was concern that there have not been enough masks produced in the US to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Is the US still allowing flights from south Korea? Anyone know?

43min ago
Iran deputy health minister has coronavirus
“Iran’s deputy health minister has been infected with the new coronavirus, a ministry official says, amid a major outbreak in the Islamic Republic.

“The coronavirus test for Mr. Harirchi, the deputy health minister who was on the front lines combating the coronavirus, was positive,” Alireza Vahabzadeh, a media adviser to the health minister, says in a tweet.

Iraj Harirchi coughed occasionally and appeared to be sweating during a press conference yesterday with government spokesman Ali Rabiei.”

—-

A Korean Air flight attendant tested positive for the coronavirus, as people are desperately trying to cancel flights on the airline
5 hours ago

5aeb0aa119ee865f008b47bf

A staff member for Korean Air.
Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images

“According to Reuters, which first reported the news, the routes and flights flown by the infected cabin-crew member were not immediately available.”

(Paging resident flight schedule expert @dixiegirl1035 / knee deep here in the PC atm (and pilgrim/flight attendant “musings”...)

—-

ETA:
Yeah whatever the case, this “flight attendant thing” could be really bad, moo. Hate to sound like an alarmist, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE NEWS WE WANTED TO HEAR THIS MORNING.

Anxiously waiting more information about this.

Last edited:

Yes, I believe so, US just gave a "warning":

U.S. airlines on Monday said they would waive cancellation and change fees for travelers booked to South Korea, prompting a warning from government officials about travel there.

Delta Air Lines travelers who booked tickets to the South Korean capital of Seoul through April 30 can change flights until May 31 or cancel their trips without paying a fee.

American Airlines customers booked to Seoul through April 24 can change their flights without paying a date-change fee, or they can cancel the trip altogether. Those travelers can also change the origin or destination of their trips to the Japanese capital of Tokyo, and take another plane to or from South Korea.

U.S. airlines have suspended their service to Hong Kong and to mainland China.

US airlines waive cancellation fees for South Korea flights as coronavirus spreads beyond China

Heads up / Idea:

Check Airiyang News on YouTube (my South Korean “go-to”) to see if there are any videos with more information about this flight attendant business (watching PC atm, along with almost 9000 other people live ).

ETA: Perhaps we can find/track the flight they were on and when it was:

This quote says “Jewish State”:
BBM:

LIVE NOW-UPDATED 11MIN AGO

Also we can check Jewish and Israel news, moo.

Last edited:
A Massachusetts biotech firm has completed a potential coronavirus vaccine and released it to federal health officials for human testing, according to officials and a new report.

Moderna, Inc., of Cambridge, announced on Monday that it released its first batch of mRNA-1273 to treat humans for the virus.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/25/massa...ential-coronavirus-vaccine-for-human-testing/

This is good news.

I know they have to still do human trials and we have a ways to go yet before we will see a vaccine available for the general public but this is a good start. Im surprised they have made it this far and it shows they are aggressively working on it which is good news.

In case anyone’s wondering, my new found “confidence” and “encouraging” feeling after yesterday’s PC just went out the door after reading about the flight attendant.

WTH. Need more information.

—-

ETA:
This is good news.

I know they have to still do human trials and we have a ways to go yet before we will see a vaccine available for the general public but this is a good start. Im surprised they have made it this far and it shows they are aggressively working on it which is good news.

LOL, jinx, I was just saying what BAD news we just got ahahaha ROTF

Austria's 2 coronavirus cases are Italian citizens

The two people diagnosed with coronavirus in the Tyrol region of Austria are both Italian citizens.

The patients are a woman and a man, both 24-years old, originally from the Lombardy region close to Bergamo.

Both are being treated in hospital in Innsbruck, Austria, and are in good condition. They were in Lombardy until Friday, and then drove to Innsbruck. Both are no longer running fevers, and they will stay in quarantine until the weekend.

Oh I recognize the new host of the PC, blonde lady...marking..I saw her on another video the other day...Marking to find. (Yeah, like the ten thousand other things I “mark” and never go back to?? :D If I had a dollar for every post, either mine or others’ I’ve “marked”, I’d be a millionaire lol.)

Last edited:
(Hey @cody22 , nice to see ya bro.

I’ve got an upstream post for you since you’re just joining us, in case you missed it (in progress / looking for post / (eta: too busy right now, making note)

PS / ETA: There’s been a whoooole lot of moooooooing going on in here btw.)

Last edited:
Another secretive country known for lying. I hope they get this under control. Their cancelling the WHO visit speaks volumes to me.

Iran outbreak 'implies there is a much larger iceberg of cases', chief medical officer says

England's chief medical officer, Proffessor Chris Whitty, said the outbreak of coronavirus in Iran was "extremely concerning".

He said it was why new clinical advice had been issued to people returning from the country to the UK.

He added: "The number of deaths to the number of people reported is very high. To us it implies there is a much larger iceberg of cases under the surface in Iran."

UK school closed over coronavirus fears, as WHO warns outbreak 'literally knocking at the door' - follow live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia