Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m watching the Presser now, but noting to find Dr. Mike’s bio - he is freaking brilliant, imo.

What presser are you watching with Dr. Mike today currently? An old one?

Todays WHO presser is Dr. Bruce Aylward that was head of the team that is almost 2 hours long so far and still going.

What presser are you watching with Dr. Mike today currently? An old one?

Todays WHO presser is Dr. Bruce Aylward that was head of the team that is almost 2 hours long so far and still going.

Ahahahah LoL thanks for making sure, I know, I meant to clarify that quote you referenced because as soon as I read it back I thought it lacked clarity, but then I got distracted.

Yes, those were meant to be two different thoughts. Sorry I’m multitasking at the moment.

Yes I am watching Dr. Bruce A live atm, but wanted to make note before I forgot to find Dr. Mike’s bio, etc. because I’d love to read more about his background.

ETA: @cody22 , I’ll have to bring the post for you forward later, super busy atm and my multitasking is starting to show through as we’ve got very smart minds here who don’t miss a beat!!

Although the WHO earlier praised China’s response to the outbreak of the coronavirus, US secretary of state Mike Pompeo has hit out at China, and Iran, over their handling of the crisis.

He accused the two governments of censorship and of trying to cover up the severity of the spread of the deadly illness.

At a State Department news conference, Pompeo criticised Beijing for expelling three Wall Street Journal reporters and said a free press was needed to ensure accurate information about the virus is available to the public and medical personnel.

He also said Iranian authorities must tell the truth about the virus amid signs the outbreak there may be far wider than officially acknowledged.

“All nations, including Iran, should tell the truth about the coronavirus and cooperate with international aid organizations,” he said.

Coronavirus: Switzerland, Austria and Croatia report cases as Tenerife quarantines hotel – updates

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has been told he should cancel plans to travel to Italy and Hungary in the coming weeks.

“The Bolsonaro family is being advised to cancel trip to Italy, a foreign office source has just told me. Hungary trip also in trouble,” Vera Magalhães tweeted on Tuesday.

“The reason: the assessment that the coronavirus outbreak is going to get worse in Europe.”

Its worth noting here that there have not yet been any cases confirmed in Latin America.

Coronavirus: Switzerland, Austria and Croatia report cases as Tenerife quarantines hotel – updates

Note / did we ever get/post any links, notes, video, audio, etc. of Dr. Bruce A’s Press Briefing in China yesterday? Sorry still catching up but wanted to note just in case we didn’t.

Last edited:
How Iran’s regime spread coronavirus to the Middle East

Iranians have been largely left in the dark since last Wednesday when two deaths were announced in the Islamic Republic from coronavirus. The regime wanted elections to go well on February 21, so it sought to prevent any news of the virus for days.

But Iranians and other pilgrims who had come to Qom and become sick with the virus were already on the move.

They flew back to Iraq’s Najaf, and via Dubai to Bahrain, as well as arriving in Kuwait and Oman. Iran did not inform its neighbors until it was too late. Last Friday, Turkish government officials were already warning that the number of cases in Iran might be up to 750.

Iran’s deputy health minister Iraj Hairichi and member of parliament Mahmoud Sadeghi now say they are sick with the virus and officials admit that many more are sick. New cases in Oman and Bahrain were announced Tuesday – all linked to Iran.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani spoke over the weekend with an Austrian delegation on February 23. Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif smiled and laughed with the Austrians. The virus was a big joke for the president and minister. Zarif later joked that he didn’t have the virus. Rouhani claimed the virus was like US sanctions: It seemed worse than it was.

Not far from where the men were laughing, Mojtaba Rahmanzadeh, mayor of district 13 in Tehran, was sick and hospitalized for coronavirus. He had been diagnosed on Saturday.

But the Iranian regime was not pressed by the Austrians to discuss the issue. Iran’s police meanwhile were hunting for medical masks.

Fears of price gouging were rampant; the police claimed on Tuesday that they had found millions of masks hidden in warehouses. The virus appears to be a national emergency because Ali Shamkhani of the Supreme National Security Council has attacked Amirabadi for spreading news of the fifty deaths.

Iran’s export of the virus has caused massive concern in Iraq. In Najaf there are now twenty people under observation for the virus. And Iraq is not well prepared. Medical masks are out of date, ministry phone numbers don’t work and the country is struggling to stop travel to Najaf and suspend travel to Iran.

Sorry meant “asymptomatically”, stupid autocorrect...(I also meant APVLD, not APVLA the other day, I’m sure you guys figured that out.)

Qmfr / meant Asymptomatially
Ok something just jumped out at me — I was so focused on the “red part” earlier...

New BBM:

“Local media says Korean Air cabin crew member flew to Jewish state along with 200 pilgrims, many of whom also caught the virus, then visited US before entering quarantine”

If he infected some of the pilgrims, then this possibly indicated he was quite infectious at the time.

While it has been stated that transmission can occur symptomatically, I was still wondering/hoping he may not have been that infectious, for whatever reason.

There goes that idea.

ETA:

Maybe not necessarily. This doesn’t necessarily state that HE gave it to them, it just says that many of them also caught the virus.

ETA2: So one (of many) questions is was he the source of the pilgrims being infected (when were they diagnosed?), and was anyone else infected on that plane prior to the actual flight.

We should look for more info about these pilgrims.

—-

So will Israel, etc have an outbreak now?

Iran's deputy health minister contracts coronavirus, report 16 dead

Two more people infected with the new coronavirus have died, taking the toll in Iran to 16, officials said on Tuesday.

"Among those who had been suspected of the virus, 35 (new cases) have been confirmed and two died of the coronavirus infection," said Health Ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpour. He said 95 people had been infected across Iran.

Jahanpour put the death toll at 15, but later Iran's state news agency said one person infected by the virus had died in the city of Saveh. Some unconfirmed reports gave a higher death toll.

Iran said on Monday 900 cases were suspected, dismissing claims by a lawmaker from the holy Shi'ite city of Qom who said 50 people had died in the city, the epicenter of the new coronavirus outbreak.

Oman's Khasab port is suspending the import and export of goods to and from Iran from Feb. 26 because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Another secretive country known for lying. I hope they get this under control. Their cancelling the WHO visit speaks volumes to me.

Their deputy health minister (who was to be part of this I would expect as a speaker?) in Iran was diagnosed with having the virus, therefor MOO reason cancelled as said upthread. Not unexpected that this news that they would cancel meeting MOO.

Top Iran health official gets virus as fears grow

Three more people die in Italy

There have been three further deaths in the coronavirus outbreak in northern Italy. The authorities say the number of virus cases in the country has grown to 322, with 10 deaths now confirmed.

The chief of the local Civil Protection agency, has said the three people who died were all in their 80s and came from the worst impacted region: Lombardy.

Coronavirus: Europe on alert as three more deaths reported in Italy – updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member