Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day I've seen anyone posting on my FB newsfeed about it. Anyone I've mentioned it to prior to today has given me that "You're a whackadoodle" look. That's fine, I'm a whackadoodle. Makes it easier for me to do my shopping. LOL
All the news media has been posting about it today on fb

Have a bad feeling about this one guys.... something tells me it’s already been identified somewhere here in the US and they’re just waiting for test confirmations. Just my opinion here, but I’m kind of expecting the US to have its first quarantine within a few days.

Any news on The flight attendant that landed in US? Is there another source that validates this, other than the link posted early this morning?

Contact tracing may have indicated...

I live in Orlando, which as most people know is a tourism hotspot. We also have Port Canaveral nearby so cruises in/out are regular occurrences. It is very common for people to take a cruise and add to their vacation by going to Disney and the other theme parks...a land/sea package, so to speak. We are Disney annual passholders and go at least once a week. Attached is a photo I took at Disney at the entrance to Hollywood Studios on Sunday morning. As a side note, that weekend was also the highly popular Princess Half-Marathon (which also includes a 5K and 10K option). Normally I'm not an overly cautious person, but this may need to change.

Thank you for posting. My granddaughter is going to Disney the third week of March, with the school. I am worried to death and not one word from the school.

Are there any local advisories ?

Here's an article about preparing for quarantine. Very prescient - it was written in 2017 and talks about Ebola !

How to Prep For a Quarantine - Preparedness Advice

CDC Dr. Nancy's comments today were enough to convince me the CDC is really thinking about and working through the issue.
Thank you...this is something I've been looking for. I have yet to panic, but I am well aware each and every day of what's going on.

My husband and I had a long talk this morning and have decided to start preparing food/water wise. Best case scenario, we don't need it and it becomes our earthquake kit (which we may never need either) but I think at this point, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I also appreciate the "home quarantine" instructions. My kids ask me a lot of questions I really don't have an answer for. The one that breaks my heart the most is "If one of us gets sick, are we going to be separated?" As a mama bear, there's no way I would voluntarily let that happen and now I have some resources to keep my family safer if the need arises.

CDC

Media Advisory
For Immediate Release: Tuesday Feb. 25, 2020

Coronavirus Disease 2019

Direct link to Audio:
Coronavirus Disease 2019

This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and CDC will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance.

Updated February 25, 2020

—-

Snippet

“What May Happen
“More cases are likely to be identified in the coming days, including more cases in the United States. It’s also likely that person-to-person spread will continue to occur, including in the United States. Widespread transmission of COVID-19 in the United States would translate into large numbers of people needing medical care at the same time. Schools, childcare centers, workplaces, and other places for mass gatherings may experience more absenteeism. Public health and healthcare systems may become overloaded, with elevated rates of hospitalizations and deaths. Other critical infrastructure, such as law enforcement, emergency medical services, and transportation industry may also be affected. Health care providers and hospitals may be overwhelmed. At this time, there is no vaccine to protect against COVID-19 and no medications approved to treat it. Nonpharmaceutical interventionswould be the most important response strategy.

CDC Response
Global efforts at this time are focused concurrently on containing spread of this virus and mitigating the impact of this virus. The federal government is working closely with state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, as well as public health partners, to respond to this public health threat. The public health response is multi-layered, with the goal of detecting and minimizing introductions of this virus in the United States so as to reduce the spread and the impact of this virus. CDC is operationalizing all of its pandemic preparedness and response plans, working on multiple fronts to meet these goals, including specific measures to prepare communities to respond local transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19. There is an abundance of pandemic guidance developed in anticipation of an influenza pandemic that is being repurposed and adapted for a COVID-19 pandemic.”

-more at link

CDC
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Last edited:
Have a bad feeling about this one guys.... something tells me it’s already been identified somewhere here in the US and they’re just waiting for test confirmations. Just my opinion here, but I’m kind of expecting the US to have its first quarantine within a few days.

?? Already thousand or more in home quarantine in the US. Are you speaking to taking them out of their homes and hauling them elsewhere?

No local advisories. I also didn't see any notices in Disney. The Disney app is very good about sending notifications/alerts and I haven't gotten anything. At this point I wouldn't necessarily expect anything other than perhaps additional signage about hand-washing reminders or something or the sort. Should we get a case in FL, that may change. One thing that drives me bonkers is that people spend so much $$$ on a Disney vacation that oftentimes if someone is sick they dose them up on meds and "push through" despite the fact that they should be home in bed. Bad enough with a normal cold, but with this virus, that could cause major problems.

No local advisories. I also didn't see any notices in Disney. The Disney app is very good about sending notifications/alerts and I haven't gotten anything. At this point I wouldn't necessarily expect anything other than perhaps additional signage about hand-washing reminders or something or the sort. Should we get a case in FL, that may change. One thing that drives me bonkers is that people spend so much $$$ on a Disney vacation that oftentimes if someone is sick they dose them up on meds and "push through" despite the fact that they should be home in bed. Bad enough with a normal cold, but with this virus, that could cause major problems.
But they did announce that they fired their CEO is out and they have a new one....Lol

Calm down, Victoria

If you read the really good discussions on here about the statistics and relative risks, you can get information that helps explain how this is certainly not a world-wide extinction risk at all.

This is a very contagious disease, but it pales in terms of many other diseases out there.

Read through the more scholarly discussions and inform yourself.
<modsnip > I don't think you understand the seriousness of this strain of particular disease. Just yesterday during a live press conference, there stood the Iranian Health Chief dripping in sweat, himself brushing off the dramatic quarantine proposals. It was blatantly clear to see he was ill from my sitting room.. he went off and tested positive himself. These are the world's health officials and everybody in that room will need to go into quarantine now. My point is, this is a first for everybody and the experts do not know everything there is to know about this mutated strain that is sweeping the world. If there was nothing to worry about, Covid-19 would be yesterday's news. Mark my words, this Deadly disease is major! X

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not insult my intelligence!! I don't think you understand the seriousness of this strain of particular disease. Just yesterday during a live press conference, there stood the Iranian Health Chief dripping in sweat, himself brushing off the dramatic quarantine proposals. It was blatantly clear to see he was ill from my sitting room.. he went off and tested positive himself. These are the world's health officials and everybody in that room will need to go into quarantine now. My point is, this is a first for everybody and the experts do not know everything there is to know about this mutated strain that is sweeping the world. If there was nothing to worry about, Covid-19 would be yesterday's news. Mark my words, this Deadly disease is major! X

Once again, the statistics don't support your comments.

It's certainly possible a lot of people will have mild disease ( like 80%), but it's best to understand FACTS.

Really, please check the CDC website.

(ignore button is my friend)

Please do not insult my intelligence!! I don't think you understand the seriousness of this strain of particular disease. Just yesterday during a live press conference, there stood the Iranian Health Chief dripping in sweat, himself brushing off the dramatic quarantine proposals. It was blatantly clear to see he was ill from my sitting room.. he went off and tested positive himself. These are the world's health officials and everybody in that room will need to go into quarantine now. My point is, this is a first for everybody and the experts do not know everything there is to know about this mutated strain that is sweeping the world. If there was nothing to worry about, Covid-19 would be yesterday's news. Mark my words, this Deadly disease is major! X
IMO, this virus can be serious for older patients but so far everyone else has been recovering just fine. A simple cold can be dangerous for someone who has other issues. It really depends on someone's health history

Somebody has a clue.....

San Francisco declares state of emergency to help prepare for an outbreak of coronavirus; there are currently no confirmed cases in the city - SF Chronicle

BNO Newsroom on Twitter
Does this mean that Frisco is gonna clean up their streets now ?.......moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members