Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus Live updates: India to send aircraft on Feb 26 to Wuhan - The Economic Times
China considers 'complete ban' on wildlife trade

China's top legislative committee on Monday began deliberating a proposal to ban all trade and consumption of wild animals, a practice believed responsible for the country's deadly coronavirus outbreak. (Agency: AFP)

China BANS eating wild animals amid fears the practice sparked coronavirus outbreak

China's top legislative committee on Monday passed a proposal to ban all trade and consumption of wild animals, a practice believed responsible for the country's deadly coronavirus outbreak.

China bans eating of wild animals amid coronavirus outbreak | Daily Mail Online

I’m glad, I just wish with all my heart that the ban extended to cats and dogs.

Last edited:
Representatives from the southern California city of Costa Mesa will be in court this afternoon to continue its fight against housing coronavirus patients in its city.

Late Friday, a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order blocking the possible use of the Fairview Developmental Center to quarantine patients who've tested positive for the coronavirus. In the complaint, the city says “Fairview is an inappropriate location for a quarantine, as there is no way to restrict access to or from the facility.

A hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. local time Monday.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Costa Mesa: Judge blocks transfer of coronavirus patients to the city - CNN
BBM

Thank you- that answers my question! Can’t control access. Whereas naval bases can. Makes sense.

I’m surprised our govt doesn’t already have a plan in place for secure quarantine locations for potential pandemics (Gack! I said the word. That apparently the WHO will no longer ever use....)

MOO

I had BBC News on TV this am (as I usually d0), with the sound muted. As I went out the door, I saw this lead in to the next segment, post commercial:

"WHO: Prepare for Pandemic"

That was after the lead it " Coronavirus now in 30 countries"

That sounds like it's a Pandemic.

Just like saying "Prepare for a Cat 5 Hurricane"

You don't just make that up when there a little breeze ruffling the leaves. You have to have some solid projections that your wind is estimated to reach at least 157 mph.

I had BBC News on TV this am (as I usually d0), with the sound muted. As I went out the door, I saw this lead in to the next segment, post commercial:

You don't just make that up when there a little breeze ruffling the leaves. You have to have some solid projections that your wind is estimated to reach at least 157 mph.

Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's Health Emergencies Programme, said today it's too early to declare the novel coronavirus a pandemic — but now is the time to prepare.

“Look what’s happened in China, we’ve seen a significant drop in cases, huge pressure placed on the virus and a sequential decrease in the number of cases, that goes against the logic of pandemic. Yet we see in contrast of that, an acceleration of cases in places like Korea, and therefore we are still in the balance.”

He added: “We are in the phase of preparedness for a potential pandemic.”

Ryan said countries must prepare to take and treat patients and push for adequate containment.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's Health Emergencies Programme, said today it's too early to declare the novel coronavirus a pandemic — but now is the time to prepare.

“Look what’s happened in China, we’ve seen a significant drop in cases, huge pressure placed on the virus and a sequential decrease in the number of cases, that goes against the logic of pandemic. Yet we see in contrast of that, an acceleration of cases in places like Korea, and therefore we are still in the balance.”

He added: “We are in the phase of preparedness for a potential pandemic.”

Ryan said countries must prepare to take and treat patients and push for adequate containment.

Now I'm really confused....,,what happened to the headline, "WHO doesn't have this category"? How strange.....maybe they tried to evade and it didn't work.....

Reed Lab on Twitter has indicated a greater than 30% CFR for those over 60.

Has anyone seen anything else to substantiate these numbers?

I can post a link to the twitter thread but I know twitter is largely considered a suspect “news source,” although I feel I’ve learned a lot by being selective about who I follow.

I think they are using wrong number. It was a case fatality rate of 829 out of 13,909 patients in the Lancet study that were over the age of 60. That is 6% for the lancet study. MOO.

Did they say where they got that figure or what city they were talking about? Perhaps they interpreted this graph wrong?

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/fileCCDCW/journal/article/ccdcw/2020/8/PDF/COVID-19.pdf

upload_2020-2-24_8-12-27-png.234272

"We are seeing epidemics in different parts of the world" They have redefined pandemic! lol

WHO double-speak

Not happy with this. Dr. Tedros do the right thing

Can someone do me a favor. Perhaps the sites are being overwhelmed and the mainstream public is overloading their servers, but I cannot get into the Johns Hopkins dashboard site I visit multiple times a day,

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

nor can I get into the Lancet paper, as it loads the first few pages then shuts down..

COVID-19.pdf

Can you open them, or is it just me?

Can someone do me a favor. Perhaps the sites are being overwhelmed and the mainstream public is overloading their servers, but I cannot get into the Johns Hopkins dashboard site I visit multiple times a day,

nor can I get into the Lancet paper, as it loads the first few pages then shuts down..

COVID-19.pdf

I could open the operations dashboard on my iPhone but there is no configurable data at the moment. I could not open the COVID-19.pdf

WHO back on line with questions....talking about the word pandemic again. The word causes fear and will not solve a single case today. Doesn't think a pandemic yet.....
Thanking countries for money donations.....

Last edited:

COVID-19.pdf

Mine will not open either....

COVID-19.pdf

Can't get into the John Hopkins map either. Like you, I check several times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms