Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well there's no n95 masks anywhere here that I can find; people are buying out all the hand sanitizer too

but we did stock up on lots of canned/boxed food - no empty shelves of food here - and I got a bunch of stuff for my elderly parents

my dad is very weak already and we've been trying to get him stronger so that he doesn't have to go back into hospital - I don't want him exposed to any germs in hospital and I don't want to be exposed myself either since I'm immune-compromised

I feel like I didn't take this seriously enough early on when I could've gotten some proper masks

This reminds me, “I saw a video on YT...”

Seriously, re: the Iran Health Minister that was “sweating”, we know that he indeed contracted CV, and many were probably thinking about the guy standing next to him. Well, I heard confirmation yesterday MOO that the other man also tested positive. Not sure if that has been mentioned yet. Making a “note” for that.

Good lord !!" DUH " is the only appropriate response SMH!!!

CDC live media call about to start - feed was up with announcer saying stand by

U.S. CDC provides update on coronavirus outbreak
2,338 watching now
•Started streaming 17 minutes ago

ETA: STARTED at 12:22 pm

well there's no n95 masks anywhere here that I can find; people are buying out all the hand sanitizer too

but we did stock up on lots of canned/boxed food - no empty shelves of food here - and I got a bunch of stuff for my elderly parents

my dad is very weak already and we've been trying to get him stronger so that he doesn't have to go back into hospital - I don't want him exposed to any germs in hospital and I don't want to be exposed myself either since I'm immune-compromised

I feel like I didn't take this seriously enough early on when I could've gotten some proper masks
Have you tried Paint stores like Sherwin Williams ?...... Thanks to WS's Tabitha's tip, I found some there........moo

It seems that the message from the WHO for the last week as been that the virus will spread globally and that every country should be prepared, so there will no excuse for having an overwhelmed medical system.

I liked margarita25's "swimsuit and masks only" dream better than this real Fashion Show idea....moo
Jan 2020
Cardi B Wears Shocking Sheer Catsuit and Beaded Face Mask to Offset's Design Debut at Paris Fashion Week

Cardi B
MEGA

Well, to be fair, I think it was a dynamic, unfolding situation at the time that was emerging. I don’t think the Health Minister knew at the time he indeed had CV?

The Iranian Health Minister is the one person in Iran who should have known that Iran was suppressing virus statistics, and who should have known better than to be in public when he's so sick he's mopping sweat off his face. I think he wanted to put on a show of denial by demonstrating that being visibly ill was no reason to stay home.

I found ONE mini hand sanitizer at the drug store yesterday.

I'm content to use soap and water most of the time, but when out and about, I'd like the sanitizer handy. I think making a homemade version would be pretty easy - might be a project for this afternoon.

jmo

USOPC relying on facts and planning to deal with coronavirus | Xfinity

DENVER (AP) — It's a spreadsheet that covers 52 sports and nearly six dozen venues — a laundry list of places around the globe where Olympic hopefuls were expected to be competing over the next few months.

With the threat of coronavirus hanging over the Tokyo Olympics, the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee has been gathering information from the individual sports about their pre-Olympic schedules — what events have been cancelled, moved or postponed, and what other events could be in the future...

Me either. I thought it was a joke at first. But, nope.

jmo

16% of US beer drinkers confused as to whether Corona beer connected to coronavirus, survey says

The firm reports that 16 percent of beer drinking Americans were confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus, and 38 percent of Americans would not buy Corona beer "under any circumstances."

The firm also reported that only 4 percent of people who usually drink Corona would stop drinking the beer entirely, but 14 percent said they would stop drinking the beer in a public setting.

The findings are the result of a phone survey with 737 Americans, which was conducted earlier this week.

16% of US beer drinkers confused as to whether Corona beer connected to coronavirus, survey says

The firm reports that 16 percent of beer drinking Americans were confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus, and 38 percent of Americans would not buy Corona beer "under any circumstances."

The firm also reported that only 4 percent of people who usually drink Corona would stop drinking the beer entirely, but 14 percent said they would stop drinking the beer in a public setting.

The findings are the result of a phone survey with 737 Americans, which was conducted earlier this week.
Oh Lord, please don't let these people vote in this year's coming Election......moo

Alabama.

I don’t want them to have any contact with my elderly parents for at least 2 weeks after they return. Who knows who else has been on this ship recently. I have zero confidence that we know for certain these things are thoroughly disinfected between cruises.
The issue I have with going on a cruise right now is not so much the fear of actually catching the virus (although that is an increased risk for sure IMO because of the cruise ship being a Petri dish for illness!), but more that I would fear not being able to get off the ship.

I would be concerned about being quarantined for some reason- a country suddenly deciding we couldn’t dock, someone on ship getting flu and then everyone is stuck until tests come back, a passenger suddenly being identified as being a close contact to someone back home who just tested positive, etc etc.

Just a general higher level of risk of being stuck on the boat right now due to heightened awareness of the virus and symptoms. JMO.

co·ro·na1
/kəˈrōnə/
noun
noun: corona; plural noun: coronae
  1. 1.
    Astronomy
    the rarefied gaseous envelope of the sun and other stars. The sun's corona is normally visible only during a total solar eclipse, when it is seen as an irregularly shaped pearly glow surrounding the darkened disk of the moon.
    • Physics
      the glow around a conductor at high potential.
      noun: corona discharge; plural noun: corona discharges
    • a small circle of light seen around the sun or moon, due to diffraction by water droplets.
  2. 2.
    Anatomy
    a part of the body resembling or likened to a crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457